Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I don't really see anything fishy with these PG zaku II orders from Amazon.,, The box and Weight seems about right. The procedures were the same as when I ordered their other Gundam kits. I just checked my order and it's already Shipped. It's from LEXINGTON, KY, US this time instead of NV

For your order changes if you were thinking of cancelling some orders before they shipped but were unable to because they locked your order because it's already in the packaging stages, you can always refuse shippment. When you do that,, UPS will bring it back to Amazon and they will refund that ammount back on your credit card.

If you want to increase your order ammount, you can just reorder it,, the pricing per PG model is a FLAt rate at amazon. $7 for 1, $14 for 2, $21 for 3, $28 for 4, etc.

If you were thinking of getting that FREE toy ( a walking puppy or somekind of ray gun) when you orderd $40 or more, you can probably contact Amazon and they still might ship that out for you depending on how much you spend. you might just need to pay for shipping.

damn international shipping restrictions on anything not a cd or dvd with Amazon! I tried ordering the PG zaku and got told

"*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. "

AGGGGGH! :o

so there is gonna be a Z ver 2 then?

317825[/snapback]

Don't know yet. We'll see after part II of the Zeta movies comes out.

MG Freedom (Shiny ver) looks tempting. Only because I'm too chicken to open my original MG Freedom. Dang it, why did it have be hard to find...oh wait...Hobby Link has it back in stock.

*Makes order* :ph34r:

So....any other stuff that comes with that Mk II ver. 2 besides the display stand, like say...improvements? <_<

It should be noted that the full suit in the Mk II image has been reported by some as a pic of the PG kit.

But you can still make out the PG-style improvements in the small windows a la the OYW Gundam.....guess we'll see with upcoming pics and/or hobby shows shots.

HLJ has an MG Zeta (Extra Finish) listed in the "Future Release", but have not seen it elsewhere....anyone else?

Maybe it's just a re-release of the '98 20th Anniv. kit:

http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundam/products...-006C/big00.jpg

i think the MG zeta is just a reissue of the chrome one of a few years ago. i have the PG MK-II and the pics look more like it than anything else so i am not sure yet if those pics are real, but i believe that the Rx-78 1.5 in some areas tried to mimic the PG RX-78 so you never know. it does look like it will be coming with a display stand though i guess that is pretty cool.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

i myself have never liked the chrome ones just the Hyakushiki because it was meant to be chrome, the others just do not intrest me at all.

chris

i think the MG zeta is just a reissue of the chrome one of a few years ago. i have the PG MK-II and the pics look more like it than anything else so i am not sure yet if those pics are real, but i believe that the Rx-78 1.5 in some areas tried to mimic the PG RX-78 so you never know. it does look like it will be coming with a display stand though i guess that is pretty cool.

chris

317839[/snapback]

You're right! Definitely the PG kit....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/bcl..._AEUG_final.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

317825[/snapback]

MG Freedom (Shiny ver) looks tempting. Only because I'm too chicken to open my original MG Freedom. Dang it, why did it have be hard to find...oh wait...Hobby Link has it back in stock.

So....any other stuff that comes with that Mk II ver. 2 besides the display stand, like say...improvements? <_<

317833[/snapback]

well,, from the pics it shows improvements on the legs. And they probably improve the skirts too since the skirt from the orginal version limits the postablity of the orginal legs.

MG Freedom is in stock at HLJ too.

I need another one.

317825[/snapback]

317833[/snapback]

anyone know is it worth to get justice gundam ? 1/100??

317874[/snapback]

the justice is pretty nice just avoid the freedom and strike and grab the Mg versions.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

My PG Zaku shipped today too!

Question now is: Do I paint this one too? Not sure if I want to spend all the $$$ on the paint. Guess that will have to depend on if I like the colors the parts runners are molded in.

:lol: i might have the 1/144 Nightingale and YMT-05 Hildolfr Ka. Version Tank from MS Igloo coming in today i cannot wait i will definetly do a buildup of them . B)) right now i am cutting back on my 1/100 to save space and grabbing more 1/144 up, only the ones that really look good, Resin, Gundam Fix and HGUC that I am going to modify to look better.

chris

Question now is:  Do I paint this one too?  Not sure if I want to spend all the $$$ on the paint.  Guess that will have to depend on if I like the colors the parts runners are molded in.

317901[/snapback]

Of COURSE you should paint it! You just bought a PG zaku which usually costs $100 so you shouldn't be worried about spending a couple of bucks on paint.

At the very least, give it a clear coat so it will have a paint look and not just shiny plastic.

Question now is:  Do I paint this one too?  Not sure if I want to spend all the $$$ on the paint.  Guess that will have to depend on if I like the colors the parts runners are molded in.

317901[/snapback]

THe plastic is this somewhat odd pinkish stuff which has a good number of knit lines. You'll definately want to paint it - even adding simply red spray paint significantly helps the look of it (you don't really even need to paint the skeleton, although you should, since you can see parts of them at the joints.

You really only need 2-4 spray colors, a red, burganday, black, and maybe a grey. It's worth the extra couple of buxks, trust me.

I'm diffenetly going to paint mine, I honestly should have bought two, one for a Char paint job, the other for my own. My color choices when I decide on a custom model is either Red or Blue...but since Char has a Red Mobile suit, and Johnny Ride has a Crimson mobile suit, I'm going to use blue.

I'll probably have to focus on two shades of blue, or use a blueishgrey. However it'll contain more grey tone instead of blue. And I'll also use Black. That's pretty much it for the exterior colors. To help highlight other parts I'm going to use a Haze Grey on the skeleton, that'll highlight everything very nicely.

I guess I'll paint it then. Not allowing pink to remain on a PG.

Besides, I painted my MG Zaku IIF and PG Zeta, so it just wouldn't be right if I leave a Perfect Grade Char's Zaku unpainted.

I'll use Tamiya spray cans again I guess. Metallic Black, Metallic Red, some kind of Burgundy. Once I see the runners I'll decide if I really need Light Gunmetal or not. They're notbad but add up $$$ quick.

Wait, this is what it looks like unpainted?

post-514-1123351409_thumb.jpg

That's not that bad. It still would look better with paint, but that's still not that bad w/just panel lines added.

Edited by Anubis

Well, one good thing about the Extra Finish Force Impulse is it also comes with the sword sillouette so you can do some stuff from it's fight with Freedom.

post-514-1123350882_thumb.jpg

Here's the Extra Finish Freedom

post-514-1123351075_thumb.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the Extra Finish ones either, somehow it never looks quite right. Not to mention the horror of the sprue trees.

I don't even really like the Hyaku-Shiki's plating on the MG kit. The posability sucked too. Now, the shiny metal glory or the KS Hayaku Shiki was pretty good. The plating works best when there's die cast involved.

Also, here's the MG Mk. II v2

It does look like a mini-PG. Very nice.

post-514-1123351156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Also, here's the MG Mk. II v2

It does look like a mini-PG.  Very nice.

317969[/snapback]

yup that is how the RX-78 Ver.1.5 was as well, nothing more than a mini PG. i am not to sure about a Zeta 2.0 now it will probably be nothing more than a mini PG zeta which i am not all that intrested in. i was really hoping they would do something new not just shrink a existing kit.

chris

it's not always the case though.....usually a smaller and better proportioned kit will come out later and it's usually a smaller kit...it's like comparing the current MG Mk II to the HGUC version...the HGUC is obviously smaller, better proportioned, better balanced, and better posability than the MG kit...the same goes for all sorts of kits...i really doubt if bandai's going to retool the zeta they'll do it from scratch instead of working on top of an existing mold and just building on top of that...they'll fully retool the kit much like they did with the MG Wing kits...they're by far more possable, and just plain better looking...hopefully Katoki or the guys at BEE-Craft did enough with the kit to make it a totally different animal than the first release.

with movie release and MK.II ver 2 already done, I think they will retool Z but it won't happen until the movie part 2 is out.

it's not always the case though.....usually a smaller and better proportioned kit will come out later and it's usually a smaller kit...it's like comparing the current MG Mk II to the HGUC version...the HGUC is obviously smaller, better proportioned, better balanced, and better posability than the MG kit...the same goes for all sorts of kits...i really doubt if bandai's going to retool the zeta they'll do it from scratch instead of working on top of an existing mold and just building on top of that...they'll fully retool the kit much like they did with the MG Wing kits...they're by far more possable, and just plain better looking...hopefully Katoki or the guys at BEE-Craft did enough with the kit to make it a totally different animal than the first release.

318133[/snapback]

Is the new Hyaku shiki retooled any or did they just add the parachute pack thingys? wit he the zeta movies out, it would make sense they retool Char erm i mean quattro's pimp ride.

318235[/snapback]

Seth, it's not retooled. Same original molding.. minus chrome.

But the ballute pack itself looks pretty universal.. I think you could fit that bugger on the HiZack.

yea you can put it on the Hizack as well as the Rick Dias from what it said.

chris

<quote>QUOTE(Bob_Coffee @ Aug 7 2005, 01:55 PM)

Is the new Hyaku shiki retooled any or did they just add the parachute pack thingys? wit he the zeta movies out, it would make sense they retool Char erm i mean quattro's pimp ride.

Seth, it's not retooled. Same original molding.. minus chrome.

But the ballute pack itself looks pretty universal.. I think you could fit that bugger on the HiZack.</quote>

Jinnai, damn its been awhile man, hows life treating you? Sad to hear its same ol Hyaku shiki, but the ballute pack looks damn cool none the less. ah well, its off to set up the desk on the patio for some airbrushing action.