Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Rear

post-514-1121647135_thumb.jpg

I used Tamiya spray cans to paint the runners again. For the Zaku I used Metallic Black, Olive Drab 1, and Olive Drab 2. I didn't want to use the pink stickers again so I got a jar of pink this time too.

I actually really like how dark it came out. Still Green, but a little different than usual.

Edited by Anubis

Did anybody here build the MG Zeta Test type?  If so, is it recommended?

311980[/snapback]

yes they are quite nice i like the C-1 the best with the large laser cannon.

chris

Personally I'd see all the Zeta versions to be exactly the same.  Unable to walk, bad transformation ploting, but still looking good in either form.

312036[/snapback]

I heard the Zeta A1 and C1 kits fix the floppiness of the original Zeta MG, and from the pictures of the runners of the A1 at Dalong.net, it uses screws to make it sturdy.

yes it is less floppy except in 1 area, that is the crotch, unfortunally this is a main area. the part has a tendency of seperating like it is about to be transform, if it comes loose you cannot pose it in really dramatic pose or it falls over. i glued mine which works better, i never transform these kits anyhow.

chris

This is the first of two MG RX-79[G] Gundams that I have just recently built (RetCon or not, the RX-79 is one hell of a suit). They are my first attempt at weathering. Just thought I'd share some pictures. Tell me what you think! (figured this place was better than starting a new thread.)

07-20-05_1457.jpg

(This was taken with a cellphone, sorry for the piss-poor quality)

SANY0016.jpg

SANY0015.jpg

SANY0018.jpg

SANY0019.jpg

SANY0020.jpg

SANY0021.jpg

SANY0022.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

And here's a preview of the second one (pre-weathering):

SANY0014.jpg

Via our good friend over at Gunota:

This month's hobby mag news

Early mag info from 2ch announces the following:

MG Hyaku Shiki + ballute pack set (no plating, September, 3,990 yen)

HG Legend Gundam

Chara Hobby 2005 limited merchandise (August 20-21)

PG Gundam Mk II (extra finish version, 30,000 yen)

HGUC Gundam + EX Gundam trailer (extra finish version, 5,000 yen)

MG Wing Zero (extra finish version, 8,000 yen)

Bummed about yet another MG-repaint.......

Where's the new molds?!?!

Have they laid off all of their sculptors or something!?!?! <_<

"Extra finish version" means that it´s metal plated like some HGUC kits? Whatever it is, it ups the price of the MK II 10,000 yens.

This means that the Rouge Strike is the las PG of the year?

Shmitty, great work, just a FYI, the grey part in the front of the kneeguard (not the knobs, below them) for the RX-79[G] which the MG kit doesn't cover with armour is actually meant to be white too. Since you've gone to all the trouble of painting it, you may as well as fix that up too. :)

Thanks to hugedom over at the CoM boards for posting this scan of the upcoming Shiki.

It's black & white, so you cannot tell the coating difference, but IMHO, the Ballute pack looks too bulky on this sleek suit. Did it actually use it in the anime? ....don't remember.....

post-1479-1122089813_thumb.jpg

Well done, I didn't know the OYW version had individual fingers. For that, I will have to get it. BTW, I really like the blue you used on the torso, what is its name?

Well done, I didn't know the OYW version had individual fingers. For that, I will have to get it.  BTW, I really like the blue you used on the torso, what is its name?

313449[/snapback]

Thanks!

The OYW version doesn't have individual fingers, but it can be easily modified by cutting them apart from one another. They're ball-jointed, so they don't fall out or anything. A really easy modification - just be careful when you x-acto them apart, cause those tiny parts like to go flying!

To airbrush small parts (like individual fingers), I used the tip from the fichtenfoo.com site - where you wrap duct tape backwards around a skewer and stick small parts to it. Worked great.

I used Tamiya royal blue, thinned only slightly.

Pretty good, I like the paint scheme for the Gundam. The Ground type came out pretty well too I like that.

All of my kits are too "clean" looking which sort of pisses me off, I want to dirty them up at some point.......but man I got way to many.

Shmitty, great work, just a FYI, the grey part in the front of the kneeguard (not the knobs, below them) for the RX-79[G] which the MG kit doesn't cover with armour is actually meant to be white too. Since you've gone to all the trouble of painting it, you may as well as fix that up too. :)

313333[/snapback]

Actually, the parts i think you're referring to were lighter grey to begin with, following what it looked like on the box. But, I didn't like how it looked so I changed it to the grey it is now, I think it looks better. Can't really explain it, but it feels more mechanical with the "Internal" color on the outside like that. Thanks for the input though!

Shmitty, Yeah Dude. I love the weather alot. Looks cool. We got get our weathered Gundams together :lol: .

313546[/snapback]

Oh Thanks! It means alot to hear that from you, oh king of weathered MS! (Favorite is the orange Zaku)

UPDATE! Finished weathering the other [G] and finished the Ez-8. Both turned out fairly well if I do say. Anyway, onwards to the pics!

The second [G], not much to see here, pretty much the same as the first one.

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

Now for the Ez-8. Since it didn't see as much action in the show as the other two ground types, I figured I wouldn't put as much weathering into it. It's a bit scratched up, but it's not been banged around like the others. Also, I don't really like the lighter blueish-teal that it's shown as having on the box and in lineart, so I kept its torso the same [G] blue and changed the feet to match, and instead of that cream color for the main body I went with a more "Abrams tan" color. Think it turned out pretty great.

Pitchures:

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

Edited by Shmitty