Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I have a partially snapped PG W0C that I got from the Amazon sale. Got an arm and a leg together and I can't bear to go on, since, goddamn, that is one shitty kit. Anyone want to trade something for it? I want either the MG Freedom Gundam or Tamiya's 1/24 Calsonic Z.

Somebody posted a review of the PG Zaku kit at Amazon.com and said it is weapon pack instead of the actual PG Zaku kit. I wonder if he is B.S.ing. Or if it is true....

Whoever get it please post if they are real, mine won't come until Wednesday the 10th.

oh god that would be horrible if it was just the weapons pack. :o i see alot of PG Zakus showing up on ebay with a buy it now of like $79.00 i know they are getting them from Amazon, it would be aweful if they ordered some and before they got them in the mail, tried to quickly sell them on ebay to make money only to find out when they come in that it is just the weapons pack

chris

Here's the Extra Finish Freedom

post-514-1123351075_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry, but the price for the extra finish freedom is absolutely asinine, almost double the cost of the original MG kit. I balked when i saw that, just couldn't believe it.

The MkII, however, I will be picking up. Looks like they redid the legs nicely.

Somebody posted a review of the PG Zaku kit at Amazon.com and said it is weapon pack instead of the actual PG Zaku kit.  I wonder if he is B.S.ing.  Or if it is true....

Whoever get it please post if they are real, mine won't come until Wednesday the 10th.

318351[/snapback]

Well, that review looks like BS to me.

oh god that would be horrible if it was just the weapons pack. :o  i see alot of PG Zakus showing up on ebay with a buy it now of like $79.00 i know they are getting them from Amazon, it would be aweful if they ordered some and before they got them in the mail, tried to quickly sell them on ebay to make money only to find out when they come in that it is just the weapons pack

chris

318354[/snapback]

People shouldn't be posting stuff on ebay anyway unless they have the item in hand though.

$30 PG Zakus... I hate damn Amazon. Why wont they ship internationally? :angry:

Well, screw'em, in two weeks I'm getting my PG Strike.

Edited by Twoducks

It is very interesting to see that they still have the PG zaku kit available. I remember when PG Wing was 20 bucks, it sold out in a few hours.

Is Zaku that unpopular? despite its PG kit being this cheap.

318463[/snapback]

Looks like the price went up to $39.

The Zaku IS popular, but this is one of the earliest PG kits, and its technology is hopelessly dated.

Besides, American kids are more in love with pretty feathered mechs than a pig, no matter how fat and pig-like the feathered mech is. <_<

I'm waiting for a sale on the PG Mk-II and PG Strike.

The Zaku IS popular, but this is one of the earliest PG kits, and its technology is hopelessly dated.

Besides, American kids are more in love with pretty feathered mechs than a pig, no matter how fat and pig-like the feathered mech is. <_<

I'm waiting for a sale on the PG Mk-II and PG Strike.

318499[/snapback]

I think they're trying to remove the product line of America? I don't thnk they will even carry the newer PGs at normal price, other the PG Gundam.

I'll find out tomorrow if its true or not. Its in Tauliatin which is just about 15 miles from here, so it'll arrive tomorrow....when that happens I'll let you all know if we got jipped or not, cause like I said, if its not what I ordered, its going back.

Yep, TRU has been discounting their Gundam toys for a few months now, I got a few kits for less than $5.00 in the store. Those were not perfect grade, but the 1/100 master and high grade kits. Oh, I left the G-Gundam kits. They couldnt pay me to take them.

But damn, the Kampher and the GP02 for $40.00? thats a deal I can't pass up.

I got my order today, it's the real deal PG Char's Zaku II.  Now if they discount the Gundam we're in business.

318555[/snapback]

How was it shipped - Did it arrive okay?

I've heard/read that some of the WZC kits were shipped in paper bags resulting in box damage and that some had actually only rec'd a bag with the individual parts-bags with no box at all! :blink:

Guess you really can't complain for getting a PG for 30 bucks, but I will anyways! :p

But damn, the Kampher and the GP02 for $40.00? thats a deal I can't pass up.

318572[/snapback]

If you pay $40 and get both, yeah, that's a deal, although not as good as the blowout sales my friend saw in Japan last year - ¥1000 for a ¥4000 MG kit... at the local grocery store!

oh I'll diffenetly be cracking on mine, gonna do an amazing paint job and build up you just wait and I'll have pictures of it! It shall be the Hikuro Zaku II custom!

The power cables will be yellow, the middle of the chest will be black, the body will consist of two shades of Blue, and on the spikes I'll have a white stripe going around each one.

I want to start mine now, but I already have all the paint ready for Zero, so I figure I may as well do it first. Then when I have money again, I'll start my Ridden Zaku.

Federation Pilot: "AGHH IT'S THE RED COMET!"

Ridden: "Hey, I'm Johnny Ridden; the Crimson Lightning!"

Fed Officer: "AGHH IT'S CHAR!"

Ridden: "I'm Johnny Ridden, dammit!"

Got mine yesterday too. Packed in a huge box, item was sealed and everything.

Box was in good shape. I need to verify runner by runner that everything is there though soon, but everything looked minty fresh.

Looking at the parts, I started to think about wether I should do the Char scheme, or go with a Black Trinity-style color scheme. Black, Purple, and Gunmetal.

I'll probably go with the Char scheme anyway, but the thought of the other one at least warrants consideration.

Federation Pilot: "AGHH IT'S THE RED COMET!"

Ridden: "Hey, I'm Johnny Ridden; the Crimson Lightning!"

Fed Officer: "AGHH IT'S CHAR!"

Ridden: "I'm Johnny Ridden, dammit!"

318882[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Love it. I gotta finish a GM before i start on my PG Zaku. GM has to be one of the worst MG kits ever.

I finished the main coat of paint to the frame work. I used Gunmetal, Light Gunmetal and Aluminum on certain areas. It's got a nice mechanical look to it right now. And before I hit the mattress, I'm gonna do some added detail like coils around the frame, and some off set coloring to make it more mechanical looking.

I'm afraid of the paint of the armor though, I don't think i'll have enough light colors to give a primer look and I didn't have much to work with for a different shade of Blue...I'm using Brilliant Blue and a Ordinary Blue...that's as close as I could come without going ".......Lame"

Mine came yesterday. Kit box was shrinkwrapped but they didn't do a good job padding it inside the shipping box, so both the shipping box and the kit box were crunched on the side. :angry:

Won't start working on it for a while. Between work, Sakura Wars 5 and WoW there isn't such a thing as 'free time'. :p

Working on the armor color now.....I'm starting to have second thoughts on the color choice but I think I'll be fine. Wanted to use a light blue instead and a regular blue for the darker areas...but I don't have enough light blue to finish the job I think.

The darker colored armor is about finished...I'm spraying an undercoating to the areas not so exposed so I can get the areas that are hard to cover in the space I'm working at.

Also, anyone know what batteries these take? Is it the exact same on all of the PG kits? If so....than what was that again? lol I can't find my PG Strike manual...

Working on the armor color now.....I'm starting to have second thoughts on the color choice but I think I'll be fine.  Wanted to use a light blue instead and a regular blue for the darker areas...but I don't have enough light blue to finish the job I think. 

The darker colored armor is about finished...I'm spraying an undercoating to the areas not so exposed so I can get the areas that are hard to cover in the space I'm working at.

Also, anyone know what batteries these take? Is it the exact same on all of the PG kits?  If so....than what was that again? lol I can't find my PG Strike manual...

320019[/snapback]

The type of battery it takes is actually written on the inside of the battery housing, which is the neck. Different PGs actually take different batteries. THe zaku i belive takes 2 LR 43 - go to radio shack, they know what the american lettering/numbering system translates too.

While we're talking about the zaku - does anyone know where to get some waterslides for them. Stickers suck. How bandai can make a $100 + model and not include $%@ing waterslides is beyond me.

Edited by slideshot

At least dry transfers would be nice. :angry::(

Mine came yesterday.  Kit box was shrinkwrapped but they didn't do a good job padding it inside the shipping box, so both the shipping box and the kit box were crunched on the side.  :angry:

Won't start working on it for a while.  Between work, Sakura Wars 5 and WoW there isn't such a thing as 'free time'.  :p

319945[/snapback]

What was that now? What happened to your Bandai boycott? Didn't you have to clear your PG Zakus out once upon a time?