1/48 Fast Pack Countdown!

Limbo

Did you guys and gals ever dream that Macross toys would ever be this awesome a few years ago? I don't see how it can get much better than this.

Alcohol made valkyries look 5x more awesome then they really were back then but now that yamato and the 1/48's are here, I can kick the bottle. ;)

Did you guys and gals every dream that Macross toys would ever be this awesome a few years ago?  I don't see how it can get much better than this.

A 1/48 line composed of every valkyrie conceived would be better.

Seriously Yamato, where's my 1/48 vf-22 and stampede?

Edited by Etrigan

I've got five sets on pre-order at the Valkyrie Exchange... and those paired with the 1/60 VE-1 and VT-1 mean I'll be having one expensive month. :huh:

wow! must be nice being rich :lol:

i've only got one preordered at VE for my 1S. Can't even afford the VT or VE yet.

Had to readjust my spending since my wife quit work. It's cheaper for her to stay home than it is for us to pay for day-care. What's this world coming to?

Did you guys and gals every dream that Macross toys would ever be this awesome a few years ago? I don't see how it can get much better than this.

i dunno! i still gape at my 1/48th with awe, but i'm very sure once the 2030's reach, those valks will blow away my 1/48th retro chunky monkey i bought during the stonage 2000's :)

Hiya,

QUOTE (Jawjaw @ Aug 22 2003, 06:29 AM)

Did you guys and gals every dream that Macross toys would ever be this awesome a few years ago? I don't see how it can get much better than this. 

i dunno! i still gape at my 1/48th with awe, but i'm very sure once the 2030's reach, those valks will blow away my 1/48th retro chunky monkey i bought during the stonage 2000's

Patience my friends, this is just the icing on the cake. We have yet to see what surprises yamato can dish out. The quality , beauty and sculpt of the 1/48 1/72 and 1/60 is so far the best as compared to its counterparts bandai, toynami, atlas sometimes undesirable QC problems are present during the production runs. We have yet to see what they can do with the M0, M2 and maybe M7 line if bandai gives the license for it. As for now, Yamato is fairly a new growing company whose main line of products lies in Macross. We could be seeing plentiful from them in years to come.

Ok back to the topic, i maybe getting 2 1/48 Fp sets, maybe another 1/48 Fps and VF-1S Hikaru when im in Hong Kong next Janurary 2004.

Cheers

Cheers

I just got my payment notification from the Valkyrie-Exchange!

Hello:

Thank you for your order. At this point, we are ready to accept

payment for

your Yamato 1/48 VF-1 Fast Pack Armor preorder.

B) :p:D:lol: (too bad I had to pay for State Tax)

I buy all my Yamato toys here in Hong Kong, usually from either Kanto Hobby or Animate. What you have to remember is that prices here in HK are cheaper. For the 1/48 usually around US$90 each.

Graham

Hey Graham

I thought Kanto hobby was more expensive than Animate?

Sometimes I think we can get better deals at Animate, but their stock (if any) are usually low.

Do you try your luck on Causeway Bay area near the Sogo dept. store?

:o

Paulo

Hey Graham

I thought Kanto hobby was more expensive than Animate?

Sometimes I think we can get better deals at Animate, but their stock (if any) are usually low.

Do you try your luck on Causeway Bay area near the Sogo dept. store?

:o

Paulo

I think it varies. Sometimes Kanto is more expensive, sometimes Animate. But I think you are right that generally Animate is a little cheaper overall. Yes I also noticed that Animate's stock usually seems more limited though.

No, I don't get over to Causeway Bay much, probably just once or twice a month as I live out in the New Territories and my office is in Kowloon side.

Actually, my office is fairly close to Mong Kok, so it's very easy for me to go and check out the Mong Kok branches of Animate & Kanto during my lunch break.

Graham

Hiya Graham,

Hey you work in Kowloon, My fiancee lives there. Maybe we can meet up when im back in Hong Kong next Jannuary, maybe we could meet up together with your wife and have some dinner, then some drinks later perhaps?

Cheers

Hiya Graham,

Hey you work in Kowloon, My fiancee lives there. Maybe we can meet up when im back in Hong Kong next Jannuary, maybe we could meet up together with your wife and have some dinner, then some drinks later perhaps?

Cheers

Sounds good, I'm always up for meeting fellow MWers and having some drinks.

Not sure I can persuade my wife to come though. She's not a Macross fan and gets very bored and irritable when I sit around talking Macross and toys ;)

Graham

Hi Graham,

No problems about that, your wife and my fiancee who is a Hong Kong chinese can have their women's talk while we talk about toys and have beers and get drunk.

Looking forward to meet ya, maybe i can try persuade other Mwers from Singapore on a trip to HongKong if possible. Hey Noel are you listening, ..hint..hint you can come visit your gf here as well as do a bit of sightseeing and shopping... ;)

Cheers

:D

wow! must be nice being rich :lol:

I don't consider myself rich as ever since I assumed partial ownership of the company I work for a lot of my money has been "wandering off" during this office move. I just had to drop $3,300 of my own money on some Herman Miller equipment and a new couch for our new team room... here's hoping I can squirrel some of what's left away for these darn toys! :p

Hello:

Thank you for your order. At this point, we are ready to accept

payment for

B) :p:D:lol: (too bad I had to pay for State Tax)

Yep, I also got one for my two sets. Any idea when they are expected to arrive stateside???

Hello:

Thank you for your order.  At this point, we are ready to accept

payment for

B)  :p  :D  :lol: (too bad I had to pay for State Tax)

Yep, I also got one for my two sets. Any idea when they are expected to arrive stateside???

My guess is that they'll be released in Japan the first week of September, give it a week at the least for the Fast Packs distributors to reach the United States. Estimated date of arrival should be September 8th to the 12th (maybe). :ph34r:

Paulo

I think it varies. Sometimes Kanto is more expensive, sometimes Animate. But I think you are right that generally Animate is a little cheaper overall. Yes I also noticed that Animate's stock usually seems more limited though.

No, I don't get over to Causeway Bay much, probably just once or twice a month as I live out in the New Territories and my office is in Kowloon side.

Actually, my office is fairly close to Mong Kok, so it's very easy for me to go and check out the Mong Kok branches of Animate & Kanto during my lunch break.

Graham

Usually when I buy stuff at Animate comes likes this:

Me: Do you have more?

Salesclerk: No, last one!

Me: Can you get more?

Salesclerk: Only if you go to our other store!

Me: &*^% oh, ok! (leaves the store frustrated) Perhaps it's because I look like a typical Asian?

Before I used to stay in Kowloon Hotel, kinda of expensive, but hey, I was there on company business! The little time I had after those business meetings, I had to run to whatever anime shops I could...

Hope to meet you one day Graham! I might even pop up in HK before the end of this year, as I plan a trip to Japan on end of january or so.

Paulo

my valks are getting impatient now....they need to wear something B)

I hope this'll keep us patient until the Fast Packs are out. I guess it'll be just two or three more weeks before they hit Stateside.

post-4-1062061180_thumb.jpg

According to Noda-ya web site the 1/48 FAST packs should be out in Japan on August 30.

Graham

Hey Graham,

What happened to HK, they usually have the toys even before Japan had for about a week in advance!

Please let us know what are the prices of FP there in HK...when they come out!

Paulo :D

Hey Graham,

What happened to HK, they usually have the toys even before Japan had for about a week in advance!

Please let us know what are the prices of FP there in HK...when they come out!

Paulo :D

Although that happened in the past with the original YF-21, it doesn't happen anymore for Yamato Macross stuff and hasn't for a long time, due to complaints from Japan. HK will get the FAST packs either on the same day as Japan or 1 day later.

Graham