1:48 TV hands recast

EXO

Just spoke to Rohby and he said you'd have to try to break off the stem for it to fall off.  Also.  I'm sitting here with the recast of the pencil sharpener and I'm pulling the arms gently and it seems sturdy enough.  There are other people that bought the pilots to confirm this.  I also encouraged him to thicken up the stem a little.  I felt that the original one was a bit loose.  It would be easier for each of us to shave the recast to our own taste.  But I'm going to remind you that it's not going to be as strong as the original.

You could always add a metal insert for the stem to strengthen it up - the ankle joints for my 1/55 customs used a brass rod with a ball that was cast onto it - only way I could support the entire weight of a 1/55 on an 1/8" diameter rod of resin...

that may be a good idea but I think it'll be a lot more work...for Rhoby. :D and he might have to go out and buy the rods, then cut them, then place them with the cast.

I don't think it'll be too bad, I mean, if you have one of the JM recasts, you can see the FP stay on alright w/o any extra support.

But I'm sure EXO/Rhoby will test it out before hand...they woudln't sell us some things that'd break that easily.

Just spoke to Rohby and he said you'd have to try to break off the stem for it to fall off.  Also.  I'm sitting here with the recast of the pencil sharpener and I'm pulling the arms gently and it seems sturdy enough.  There are other people that bought the pilots to confirm this.  I also encouraged him to thicken up the stem a little.  I felt that the original one was a bit loose.  It would be easier for each of us to shave the recast to our own taste.  But I'm going to remind you that it's not going to be as strong as the original.

You could always add a metal insert for the stem to strengthen it up - the ankle joints for my 1/55 customs used a brass rod with a ball that was cast onto it - only way I could support the entire weight of a 1/55 on an 1/8" diameter rod of resin...

that may be a good idea but I think it'll be a lot more work...for Rhoby. :D and he might have to go out and buy the rods, then cut them, then place them with the cast.

I don't think it'll be too bad, I mean, if you have one of the JM recasts, you can see the FP stay on alright w/o any extra support.

But I'm sure EXO/Rhoby will test it out before hand...they woudln't sell us some things that'd break that easily.

True, it'd be a little extra work for rohby - I guess what really needs to happen, is for rohby to cast a couple, and test them out, see if they are sturdy enough - if they are, then great. If they don't hold up under light usage (pulling on and off, holding and being posed with the gun, etc), then it'd be a solution that might need to be explored.

True, it'd be a little extra work for rohby - I guess what really needs to happen, is for rohby to cast a couple, and test them out, see if they are sturdy enough - if they are, then great. If they don't hold up under light usage (pulling on and off, holding and being posed with the gun, etc), then it'd be a solution that might need to be explored.

Already done and tested by Rohby. I'm going to get a couple myself and some for Solscud aand Eternal D so they can check it out too. I thought about the pin inside too. It wouldn't have to be some special rod. It could be pieces of paperclips. But they seem sturdy enough without it. Like I said, a couple of people bought the JM recasts and the sharpener pilots. If you guys can confirm the strength of the 1A antenna or the pilot arms then you can tell that it'll be ok.

Exo, could you do us a favor and test one of the hands to the breaking point, i mean all it needs to do is hold up the gun and be removed from the wrist, but i'd feel alot better if i knew it took llike 5 lbs of force to do it as oposed to just tweaking it the wrong way.

thanks!

For anybody wonding about the quality of Rohby's recasts. They are utterly amazing. I have 5 of his recast Joke machines, like 3 of the sharpener recasts, and some other stuff. I've never seen recasts as strong as his. Got 3 of these hands on order. Amazing stuff rohby...keep'em comming.

Is there any way we could get someone to do a RESCULPT so that the hands look like DYRL hands?

hey! are you reading my mind. I just talked to EXO about this, that's why I wanted to buy a few sets...to do that exactly. then if they are up to snuff, it'll be recasted by none other than rhoby...but I guess only if that's ok with him.

Hello All,

Thanks for your interest in these recast hands. I will meet up with Alex tomorrow (Tuesday) night with some of the recast hands and we'll test them out for durability. I personally approve of it's durability since I've tested it myself. However, since it seems quite a few members are concerned about the stem, I'll have Alex test them out to see if he approves as well. Worse comes to worse, if it doesn't pass the Alex Test, I'll go ahead and insert a pin into them when casting.

What are the payment options for the recasts?

Will you accept Sesterces, Bezants, Florins or silver pennies? I'm afraid my small bills have kinda run dry... :p

Can you put me down for a set Exo? I would appreciate it.

You still want some after I said that the M & Ms will be coming with them? :p

Rohby just dropped by and gave me a set of hands to look at. And let me confirm when he said that there's no need to strengthen the stems with pins. If there were pins inserted, they would be there doing nothing. I'm sure I can break them if I tried, but that goes for any plastic pieces. Pics tomorrow.

Can you put me down for a set Exo?  I would appreciate it.

You still want some after I said that the M & Ms will be coming with them? :p

Rohby just dropped by and gave me a set of hands to look at. And let me confirm when he said that there's no need to strengthen the stems with pins. If there were pins inserted, they would be there doing nothing. I'm sure I can break them if I tried, but that goes for any plastic pieces. Pics tomorrow.

Of course I do. :lol:

Still need it for my VF-1S Fokker. I would get two, but couldn't get the low vis. Especially at overly inflated prices these days. I saw one on ebay that sold for $305. That's freakin' ridiculous. :blink: