1:48 TV hands recast

EXO

Hi guys, just talked to Rohby. The hands are ready. He's without a camera right now so we'll be meeting early next week so I can take the pics. I went thru the last thread and my PMs and put some people on the list that said they were interested.

Here's the list so far:

Hirohawa

Captain Marvel

Blaine23 x3

Uxi

JsArclight

Zeta Otaku x3

Flippant Remark

Haterist x4

NSJ23

Mechamaniac x2

Smiley424

DatterBoy

UN Spacy???

scand

LePoseur

Chowser

dejr8bud x4

gaogaigar

masos1138 x2

VF1A-FAN x2

JEXPRIME

Solscud007

Splat ?

nemesis120

Cdr Fokker x2

Reaper 9000

jwinges x3

F360°

Wolfpak54 x3

Limbo

Smut Peddler x5

blackjek

Anubis

rnurmin x2

Cpt. Bukkake

Sundown

Golden Arms

to177

Skull Hunter

pfunk x2

buffalobob77

柿崎速雄 x3

Chuey

Sturmvogel

If you are on this list by mistake PM me. If you want to be added on the list just PM me or add to this thread. You can also PM Rohby.

Edited by >EXO<

Sorry danny, I totally forgot about you :lol: I'm going to meet up with alex next week, I'll give him your goods ;)

Anyhow, to add more info to the castings:

Sorry, they wont be made out of PVC. They will be white though :D I'll try to get pics up by Monday or Tuesday.

I'll start casting on Wednesday and will start contacting members ASAP starting now.

Edited by Rohby

Sorry, they wont be made out of PVC.

Resin.

AS for the TV pilot and the new imroved DYRL pilots. I kinda wanted them in the rubbery material so I have to look for a resin similar to it. Just haven't had the time. There's a Smooth-On distributor a couple of miles away. I'm gonna have to take a drive one of these days and show them exactly what I'm hoping for.

Hey Fellas:

I'm interested in two sets. However, I'm a bit worried about how sturdy the peg portion of these hands will be. I'd hate for them to snap off when attached to the arm. :(

Anyways, thanks for the service you guys bring to this board!!!!!

:D

Just so you know, resin is more fragile than regular plastic or PVC. I'm sure Rohby has already looked at how it is. I'll get to see the set this coming week also. We'll keep you updated.

Just spoke to Rohby and he said you'd have to try to break off the stem for it to fall off. Also. I'm sitting here with the recast of the pencil sharpener and I'm pulling the arms gently and it seems sturdy enough. There are other people that bought the pilots to confirm this. I also encouraged him to thicken up the stem a little. I felt that the original one was a bit loose. It would be easier for each of us to shave the recast to our own taste. But I'm going to remind you that it's not going to be as strong as the original.

Just spoke to Rohby and he said you'd have to try to break off the stem for it to fall off. Also. I'm sitting here with the recast of the pencil sharpener and I'm pulling the arms gently and it seems sturdy enough. There are other people that bought the pilots to confirm this. I also encouraged him to thicken up the stem a little. I felt that the original one was a bit loose. It would be easier for each of us to shave the recast to our own taste. But I'm going to remind you that it's not going to be as strong as the original.

You could always add a metal insert for the stem to strengthen it up - the ankle joints for my 1/55 customs used a brass rod with a ball that was cast onto it - only way I could support the entire weight of a 1/55 on an 1/8" diameter rod of resin...