Gamecube recommendations

rewooh

I recently won an acution for a Japanese gamecube modded to play American games. I got it for like 120.50 shipped. saved around 15 dollars. Anyhow, I got it for the sole purpose to play the Naruto games, but I wanted to also know what other good games would there be, and if anyone had any reccomnedations.

thanks in advance :)

You really can't go wrong with these games.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Metroid Prime

Animal Crossing

Mario Kart: Double Dash

I recently won an acution for a Japanese gamecube modded to play American games. I got it for like 120.50 shipped. saved around 15 dollars. Anyhow, I got it for the sole purpose to play the Naruto games, but I wanted to also know what other good games would there be, and if anyone had any reccomnedations.

thanks in advance :)

thoes games rock.

chekc out my http://users.ign.com/collection/ali-sama]collection[/url].

I;d recomend zelda for personal enjoyment. Ulitmate muscle and one piece are awsome party games. the ares are fun also.

Viewtiful Joe

Classic side-scrolling beat-em-up. This is the kind of game you can just pick up and play for a little while, and not have to play for hours before getting to the good stuff.

F-Zero GX

Insanely fast futuristic racing game running at a constant 60fps. Also insanely hard game. Reminds you of the old NES days where you kept on dying at the same spot on the same level every single time.... Maybe that's just me :unsure:

Eternal Darkness

The gameplay is ok, but the story and presentation are excellent. Plus the more you avoid enemies, the more sanity you loose. Leading of course to interesting sanity effects.

Prince of Persia

Kinda short, but very fun game. Very nice graphics and interesting puzzle levels.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

It's not a huge leap from Ocarina of Time (N64), and the cel-shaded graphics turned a lot of people off. But once you see the game in motion you'll realize how beautiful it looks. Plus it's classic zelda gameplay... Where can you go wrong?

Metroid Prime

Buy it, buy it, buy it. I can't emphasis how good this game is. Very long game length, looks great, creative bosses, huge worlds to explore, clever puzzles. My favorite game :D

Edited by Wumzi

Damn, Yohsho beat me to it.

Soul Calibur II is probably the best on GC, the special character, at least. I swear the AI isn't as sharp on the GC as on the Xbox, though.... I own the Xbox version, and have played the PS2 as well, but Link is probably the character that fits the best with the SC II lineup.

Beyond Good And Evil - The second best GC Title of 2003 at the Crazy Eddie price of $19.99 (This came out in NOVEMBER for God's sake!!)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - The best of 2003 with another Crazy Eddie Offer. Get this before the end of February and get the full version of Splinter Cell FREE.

Viewtiful Joe

Zelda: Wind Waker

Ikaruga

Ultimate Muscle

Def Jam Vendetta

Edited by JRock

Just a few of my favorites not already mentioned...

Skies Of Arcadia Legends

Starfox Adventures

Timesplitters 2

Resident Evil 1 (REmake...not just a simple remake but a 70% new game)

Medal Of Honor Frontline

&

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest (the old N64 game with some new additions that came out as a free bonus for ordering Wind Waker.....my Wal-Mart still has several in the games section for sale at ten bucks a pop..well worth it if! )

Just thought I would add a question of my own for the other gaming experts and afficionados. Was thinking of picking up a copy of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 for my GC soon. What think? Play? Or avoid? ...Specifically, how is the *offline* play? Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Melissa

Eternal Darkness

The gameplay is ok, but the story and presentation are excellent. Plus the more you avoid enemies, the more sanity you loose. Leading of course to interesting sanity effects.

Actually, it's the more enemies you see the more sanity you loose. To keep your sanity (or to regain it) you have to finish off your enemies.

Don't forget a gameboy player. Shouldn't be too much, and it will allow you to play every gameboy and gameboy advance game out there, all with the benefit of a nice, well lit, screen.

Some games I reccomend:

Both Rogue Squadron games

Metroid Prime (and fusion if you want to unlock the secrets on the MP disk)

Zelda

Skies of Arcadia (a Dreamcast game originally, but excellent nonetheless)

Super Smash Brothers Melee

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Just thought I would add a question of my own for the other gaming experts and afficionados. Was thinking of picking up a copy of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 for my GC soon. What think? Play? Or avoid? ...Specifically, how is the *offline* play? Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Melissa

Offline play is pretty fun. Fundamentally the only difference is the human interaction, in terms of gameplay and levels its the same thing. The 4-player offline mode is a lot of fun, my friends and I spent most of December playing it into the wee-morning hours.

Despite being a little limited and old (first came out in 2000 or so), it's still a great game. Better designed and less frustrating then Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Melissa

the offline mode is pretty fun on its own, but it gets rather old rather fast. I own the original DC version and I got to the last boss with both a hunter and a warrior (forgot their PSO designations), but by the time I got around to doing it with a mage.... I just couldn't force myself to play the game anymore.

Its really up to you..... if you like Zelda/Diablo style hack n slash RPG, then go for it. If you don't.... then stay away from this game.

argh, you could have saved ALOT of money by getting a regular gamecube from your own region and then purchasing a codejunkies freeloader...

but i digress, get double dash, easily the most fun i've had in a while

i haev alocla game cube and I got th eswith put in. the boto disk is nto as reliable.

I can only recommend Viewtiful Joe and possably Ikaruga ... I playied VJ over at a friends house, fun game...I don't have a cube, PSX2, or (ugh) X-Box ... my Dreamcast still works wonderfully, thank you very much :)

I only possably recommend Ikaruga depending on how you like the gamecube controler as it might make it even more difficult (but I haven't playied Ikaruga on the cube yet to be sure...I just find the cube controller rather funky to use :p ) ... Ikaruga is a old school type shooter (like R-Type, forgotten Worlds, Einhander, etc..) made by the game design gods at Treasure and first home released on the dreamcast (gotta import it though) ... it's a fantastic game and sort of the spiritual sequel to the other Treasure classic shooter Radiant Silvergun.

I'm sticking with my dreamcast for now, there are still some cool little games comeing out for it as it isn't completely dead yet :rolleyes: ... However, I'll even buy a X-box (or any of the other consoles) if treasure decides to produce a sequel to the greatest game of all time (IMHO) Bangai-O! :D

Is there any way to make Japanese Gamecube games work on American Gamecubes? like a boot disk or something?

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp...036;&ProdID=142

;)

That Freeloader looks really interesting, has anyone bought it? what they think about it? is that site a reliable place to buy from?

thanks for link

argh, you could have saved ALOT of money by getting a regular gamecube from your own region and then purchasing a codejunkies freeloader...

but i digress, get double dash, easily the most fun i've had in a while

wouldn't it be the same thing?

gamecube 100

Free loader 20

=120.

I got mine for 120.50...well actually 115 since it shipping was a lil cheaper. and it came with 2 games, biohazard and some other game...looks weird..the main charater looks like tofu.

*shrug*

but i digress,  get double dash,  easily the most fun i've had in a while

wouldn't it be the same thing?

gamecube 100

Free loader 20

=120.

I got mine for 120.50...well actually 115 since it shipping was a lil cheaper. and it came with 2 games, biohazard and some other game...looks weird..the main charater looks like tofu.

*shrug*

Thats probably Animal Crossing or the other wierd game were you have to go around eating other animals. :blink:

Getting the modded GC is a much better idea then getting a freeloader. At least he doesn't run the risk of misplacing the disk. :p

BTW... you probably already noticed that.... but you are going to need 2 memory cards, because whenever you start a japanese game with a memory card that already has american games saved in it, the game will ask to format the memory card. :blink:

Edited by Abombz!!