[R.I.P] Akira Toriyama

I usually don’t post in these kind of threads but that is just sad. 

Even before I ever heard of Dragonball I played Chrono Trigger and gushed over the art in the manual.

To me Chrono Trigger is the best video game of all time and the character design by Akira Toriyama had a lot do do with it.

image.jpeg.840e29fc53127e9d4e2a3e9a71bb7f62.jpeg

:cray:

Toriyama died a legend. The entire world knows Dragon Ball Z, inspring fight scenes even in Hollywood.  His work on Dragon Quest helped create the JRPG genre and his mechanical designs are timeless.  His works will continue to inspire.  R.I.P.

I remember in early/mid 90’s watching og Dragon Ball and eventually the American edits of Dragon Ball Z. It was a weekend thing that my brother and I had to wake up extra early for on a non school day. When Saturday morning cartoons started to kinda suck all of a sudden Toriyama’s creations were there to fill a gap

I've always loved Dragonball and have been binge rewatching everything this past   

month.  Even fell down the shf money pIt of figures.   I think he was involved with the upcoming Dragonball  daima anime.

This really sucks.  RIP.

I'm gutted, RIP to an absolute legend, DBZ will always be my favorite shonen ever, it's probably the best shonen ever made. His legacy and influence will be remembered for years to come, his work will never be forgotten. 

It's so very sad, an absolute legend such as him is now seeing king yama and ready to cross snakeway for the next big adventure. 

Kind of stinks cause he'd been getting back into his old works adding to those stories over the last couple of years and now all these stories and ideas are going to be lost forever and quite probably never be finished. 

• azrael locked this topic