WIP-Macross YF-Type02

ImChris5115

On 10/29/2023 at 11:09 PM, mechaninac said:

Just amazing, quite literally one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.  And do I detect a slight VF-5000 Star Mirage fighter mode inspired -- infinitely more intricate and polished and contemporary -- design lineage, intentional or not, with this awesome bird of prey?

Thanks, appreciated ! The rear is inspired by Northrop YF-23, front intake F35 

Edited by ImChris5115

On 10/30/2023 at 2:04 AM, Knight26 said:

That is coming along amazingly well

On 10/30/2023 at 8:34 AM, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Loving the lines on this fighter mode.

On 11/1/2023 at 3:05 AM, rematron said:

This is AMAZING. I'm so happy I happened upon this thread.  I'm speechless.

Thank you guys, appreciated !

Loving the new Type-01 as well.  Would like quite nice alongside the VF-25 and its successors.
They physical Type-02 is coming along amazingly as well.  Can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:06 PM, Knight26 said:

Loving the new Type-01 as well.  Would like quite nice alongside the VF-25 and its successors.
They physical Type-02 is coming along amazingly as well.  Can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

Thanks ^^

On 11/2/2023 at 10:42 PM, Bolt said:

For clarification, i was asking what generation in universe. Would these be  VF-19 or 171 era ? VF25 era, or VF-131era?

Hi, It never came across my mind which era my design is from. It is just my expression of ideas that come from my love of VF and inspiration from Sensei Shoji Kawamori. 

Did your Type01 ever make it into the physical world? I love the sleek design of that one as well :)

I feel like I'm seeing a Type 01 vs Type 02 Macross Plus Alternate Universe competition and love it.

We need to find you a toy manufacturer and get these into production!

image.png.6f216f38f553573bf7928da5fdbd9ecd.png

On 11/8/2023 at 12:06 AM, Shawn said:

Did your Type01 ever make it into the physical world? I love the sleek design of that one as well :)

I feel like I'm seeing a Type 01 vs Type 02 Macross Plus Alternate Universe competition and love it.

We need to find you a toy manufacturer and get these into production!

image.png.6f216f38f553573bf7928da5fdbd9ecd.png

For the Type 01 i was just able to print out its center core parts for parts strength testing in 1/48 scale, need to do few amendments. Its dream come true if able find a toy manufacturer to produce it 

8 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looking awesome ! 
Might be hard shopping these around to toy manufacturers. I don't understand why you don't sell STIHLs or even print to sell..

Thanks. Yes, pitching this design to manufacturers is impossible since it only comes from a macross fan design, There is a risk because of the unknown popularity of this toy... I may try resin casting those parts and better solution for reduce weight of it, and limited run on selling cast resin unassembled kits in future.

17 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Nice lean on that gerwalk :). I know why I love this design so much - same reason I love the YF/VF-22... There's alot of Black Widow in there and the YF-23 is my favorite plane.

Thanks, it's my favorite plane too. Sadly, now both YF-23 seats in the museum..

On 11/1/2023 at 6:36 PM, ImChris5115 said:

This is Type 01, still amending a few crucial parts. 

*snip*

I remember following that thread and hope to see a Type 01 in the future. Awesome work on both projects.