Best Rivalry In Macross Universe

Best Rivalry In Macross Universe  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which One The Best Rivalry In Macross Universe

• YF-19 (Isamu Dyson) v YF-21 (Guld Bowman)
    • SV-51y (D.D.Ivanov) v VF-0S (Roy Focker)
    • SV-51y (Nora Polyansky) v VF-0D/A (Shin Kudo)
    • VF-27y (Brera Sterne) v VF-25F/YF-29 (Alto)
    • SV-262Hs (Keith Aero) v VF-31F (Messer Ihlefeld)

Minmei and Misa , of course :p

All jokes aside, there have been some great duels in the Macross universe. Epic ones even. But , as far as rivalries go, M+ does take the cake. The whole premise was based on a rivalry. And it was very well done!

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Max and Milia.

they couldnt stop dueling until they got divorced.

They never got divorced.

They separated for a short time, but reconciled during the events of Macross 7 and as of 2068 and Macross Delta: Absolute Live!!!!!! are explicitly still together.  He even jokes that one of the major celebrity gossip rags has ranked him and Milia as the #1 celebrity couple most likely to break up for fifty consecutive years with every sign of good humor.

EDIT: They were also explicitly still together in the Macross Frontier movie novelization, where they sortied together in VF-25s as part of the reinforcements arriving at the Vajra planet.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

btw is milia still alive since max is still around...

Based on what Max says in Absolute Live!!!!!!, yes.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

YF-19 vs YF-21 for me. Too bad the duel between Max and Millia in DYRL is too short compared from the original series. If someone is going to update the animation on their fight, I'll choose that instead. ;) 

But back to YF-19 and YF-21 fight. IF they decided to do that kind of dogfight sequences once again, I hope they do the Macross The Ride storyline. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

They never got divorced.

They separated for a short time, but reconciled during the events of Macross 7 and as of 2068 and Macross Delta: Absolute Live!!!!!! are explicitly still together.  He even jokes that one of the major celebrity gossip rags has ranked him and Milia as the #1 celebrity couple most likely to break up for fifty consecutive years with every sign of good humor.

EDIT: They were also explicitly still together in the Macross Frontier movie novelization, where they sortied together in VF-25s as part of the reinforcements arriving at the Vajra planet.

Based on what Max says in Absolute Live!!!!!!, yes.

I must be reading the wrong tabloid! 😅 Just imagining them sparring with knives for fun(?) every anniversary!😅

Good to know she is still in action like max. Now i would like to see old girl milia making a proper appearance in an animation!

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Hence, it’s a RIVALRY!!!!111!!! 😁

The bloodiest rivalry in Macross!

Pineapple salad did in legendary ace Roy Focker, pineapple upside-down cake put Ozma Lee in the hospital, and pineapple took Arad Molders out of action before the final battle against Heimdall.  With all the jokes about Messer being reassigned to delivery boy duty, one has to wonder if some deviant's pineapple pizza didn't get him in the end...

It’d be more powerful than a Varja and a Zent fleet glassing the entire planet’s surface! :shok:

We must all eat Dole Whip every week to make sure this never comes to fruition!!

On 3/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, pengbuzz said:

That might be an actual tie with Isamu vs. Guld; as pointed out though: all we saw was "screenshots" really. Still, I wish we could have seen that full-on!

We could always consider the SDF version of the fight.