BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I'm not critizing the comparison (great examples BTW...) just the need to bring up how unattractive she was.

Jane Seymour was in the OG? Still not enough to make me see TOS... lol.

Yep, Jane Seymour was gunned down early in the series start. Fred Astaire was cool too.

I had d/led a few episodes to watch and got a C&D letter from my ISP. Wondering if I had gotten a honey-pot. Anyone else get one? The episodes were tagged FANTA. I've heard from a few other people who complained of getting the C&D letters who had pulled those same eps.

Edited by dna

I had d/led a few episodes to watch and got a C&D letter from my ISP. Wondering if I had gotten a honey-pot. Anyone else get one? The episodes were tagged FANTA. I've heard from a few other people who complained of getting the C&D letters who had pulled those same eps.

Why DL something you can see on TV or get on DVD?

Not available in your country or something? Just curious, as I never got the downloading thing. Usually it's just teens who want everything for free.

Because these aren't on DVD? Show me where they are. I can't believe they would publish them on DVD before they've even aired.

I had cable TV for a while (I have cable broadband internet right now) and I subscribed to all the channels. It was around the time Stargate SG1 started. I found myself either watching what was on regular TV or I channel surfed too much... I was too busy trying to find out what else was on and I'd forget what it was I was watching in the firstplace, (partly ADHD). I got rid of it because i was sitting in front of the tube too much and never really watched anything. I rent or buy anything good from cable channels. BSG is the first thing I've downloaded because I was jonesing after Bobe Pat lent his ripped copy of the mini... :D

Not available in your country or something? Just curious, as I never got the downloading thing.  Usually it's just teens who want everything for free.

Because these aren't on DVD? Show me where they are. I can't believe they would publish them on DVD before they've even aired.

Sorry...for some reason, I thought you were downloading the original series. On a side note, DVD plans are in the works already...Uni and Sci fi already knows they can sell the first season (after they air of course) and six scripts ordered for the second season before US air date of first is almost unheard of.

Edited by Gaijin

Not available in your country or something? Just curious, as I never got the downloading thing.  Usually it's just teens who want everything for free.

Sorry...for some reason, I thought you were downloading the original series. On a side note, DVD plans are in the works already...Uni and Sci fi already knows they can sell the first season (after they air of course) and six scripts ordered for the second season before US air date of first is almost unheard of.

I hope it catches on, and I hope it gets good. I could use a good scifi weekly TV series! (and all the models to go with it! )

I hope it catches on, and I hope it gets good. I could use a good scifi weekly TV series! (and all the models to go with it! )

Here Here!!! I'm really looking forward to the series and some hopeful models also! The mini and from what I've heard the series is exactly what I've been wanting for Sci-fi....the genre not the channel...for a long time. Too much sci-fi ended up having forced comedy or too many cliche's (spelling) ie...techno bable or they are scifi/adventure, to me, meaning light-hearted. So far I'm really impressed with this.

Chris

On a side note, DVD plans are in the works already...Uni and Sci fi already knows they can sell the first season (after they air of course)

I hope so, and hopefully we won't have to wait a rediculously long time to get it either! Like we had to for the mini. I understand, but still don't like, why the series was aired first in the UK but we also had to wait over a year after the mini aired before we got it on DVD! When crap like the simple life gets pumped out in record time!!!

Chris

...When crap like the simple life gets pumped out in record time!!!

Chris

I think you answered your own question with that statement. Lowest common denominator stuff always gets released in a hurry in order to capitalize on the baser entertainment appetites of the dumb masses .

Edited by mechaninac

Well... if the DVDs aren't too far away I guess I won't worry about it then.

...When crap like the simple life gets pumped out in record time!!!

Chris

I think you answered your own question with that statement. Lowest common denominator stuff always gets released in a hurry in order to capitalize on the baser entertainment appetites of the dumb masses .

It appears that way.

Hmmm, tonight's the night. Looking forward to seeing how this goes...

Sci-Fi has been running Battlestar Galactica marathons all week, today and yesterday mostly made up of Galactica 1980... what an awful sequel that was... <_<

I want everything for free too!  :lol:

I don't subscribe to cable and if I did this would be the only thing I watch.  I'll buy the DVDs... so I guess I'm just "borrowing" them for now... :D

no cable?!?!? How do you live????? :o

;)

My parents refuse to get cable. Everytime I go home, I have to watch snowy TV or play with the rabbit ears. :angry:

I want everything for free too!  :lol:

I don't subscribe to cable and if I did this would be the only thing I watch.  I'll buy the DVDs... so I guess I'm just "borrowing" them for now... :D

no cable?!?!? How do you live????? :o

;)

My parents refuse to get cable. Everytime I go home, I have to watch snowy TV or play with the rabbit ears. :angry:

I bet that bunny hates you...

B))

I am currently without cable as well, and other then having to wait a few days, or a week, to download shows I don't mind too much. Really the only channels I miss having are the discovery channels, TLC, and to an extent the Cartoon network, since I can never find the Adult swim shows for download anywhere.

All the new Battlestar Galacticas are on eMule/eDonkey network. They have aired on SkyOne in the UK - I am downloading episode 11 today - but they have all 11 so far. So for those who can't wait, I'd recommend getting them that way - all the commercials are cut out! :p Unfortunately its only a 12 episode season for now.

Season one has 13 episodes to be aired. There were six scripts already ordered, which most likely means they will turn into 6 more episodes for a second season...already done well enough in the UK, but since the US airing will bring the final decision, that will be the final word whether the second season is"officially" given the go ahead. Word is that Sci-Fi suits are extremely happy with the buzz, including the negative buzz from the TOS fans...it actually has turned into publicity for it.

Based on the positive reaction from the UK, people are betting the US airings will solidify the show. Having not even aired yet, the show is really getting positive support from the network. Universal HD (The old Bravo HD) will likely add the show to their High Definition line up soon shortly trailing the Sci fi airings. This is a big move as HD content starved tv set owners are always looking for more up to date content (wish my cable co had Uni HD...grrrr).

BTW, the whole downloading doesn't affect ratings may be true for the big 4 networks...but in a less ratings cable area it theoretically could (though not likely)... and while I don't think Uni was wise in the way they are handling the DL'ing they do have a concern (too bad they didn't figure out that if you have a hot show...and show it somewhere else a few months before...it will be file traded).

Edit: one other thing...TOS fans still bitch and moan about this show, but yet they still watch it... the NBC reairing, the Sci Fi reairing of the mini...:rolleyes: if I see something I don't like...I turn the channel.

Be sure to watch the "Lowdown" before teh series starts...it's a new one about the series and not the one about the mini like on the DVD release. My DVR is set. ;)

Edited by Gaijin

You know, back last year when I stayed up from late at night till mid morning, I woul dtry and sit down and watch the old BSG....hardly ever could, I flipped thru channels every 5 minutes could it just felt boring....but the only time I switched channels were doing the commercials which is normal for me.

I can honestly say I'll probably like the new BSG....infact I'm gonna TRY going to hollywood tomorrow and pick up the game and give it a go.

I still have my gripes about the remake... from Starbuckette down. It's a good character IMO, just not worthy of the name "Starbuck." The same with Baltar. The same with Adama... etc etc.

If they had just named this thing Battlestar Whatever-Other-Than-Galactica-And-Pegasus and shown the events of the original series from a different perspective, everyone could have been happy.