Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

On 11/23/2023 at 10:25 PM, Saburo said:

@lechuck I have the initial release and WWM release, the WWM release does have some changes. The blue paint on the WWM is darker, and the joints appear to be a bit tighter but then again my initial release the joints may have loosened over time.  On the WWM release, I did notice that the knee/leg extension doesn't have a tight "lock" when extending and the arm cannons seem to align properly forward in fighter mode.

Thanks @Saburo.

So the WWM release seems like the one to get, mainly for joint tightness and better aligning cannons.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow… let me just say something: not long ago I was awake at oh-dark-thirty with six browser tabs open, credit card locked and loaded, to wait for the 10-second preorder window for, say, the YF-19 Full Set Pack or the VF-31C. I’d pay then pay about $35 or so more for EMS shipping, wait six months or more for the thing to be produced, and hope to hell I didn’t get Bandai’ed because repairs were impossible and returns were so expensive it wouldn’t be worth doing. 

But now, if I order within 90 minutes, I can get a DX VF-31AX delivered to my house with free shipping.

TODAY. 

ON SALE. 

EASILY RETURNED. 

Much has gone wrong in this timeline, but THIS much has gone very, very right. 

IMG_0223.jpeg

Yeah, I basically don't even bother with the "before times" ways anymore.  If its WWM, I'll get it through Amazon or another stateside vendor.  Otherwise, I either skip it, or if I really want it, just buy it second hand via Mandarake (and only Mandarake) like 6 months after release.  After getting burned by NipponYasan (like many others), I stopped using the import vendors, even though I know they aren't all bad.  The last pre-order madness I did was the 1/48 Hikaru DYRL VF-1S.  I don't miss that, and don't plan on going back.

And with sales like this, we're almost back to pre-COVID pricing.  Makes the hobby enjoyable again.

• 1 month later...

Been out of Macross collecting for a few years so I'm not completely clear on what is out and what are preorders.  Are the Ghost parts for the VF-31AX Kairos Plus actually out or are they preorders?  I've seen conflicting information on evil bay.  Thanks

1 minute ago, Weaseldancer said:

Been out of Macross collecting for a few years so I'm not completely clear on what is out and what are preorders.  Are the Ghost parts for the VF-31AX Kairos Plus actually out or are they preorders?  I've seen conflicting information on evil bay.  Thanks

They're out, I snagged my ghosts last weekend from Ebay. They've been out a while, maybe November last year.

Just now, Test_Pilot_2 said:

They're out, I snagged my ghosts last weekend from Ebay. They've been out a while, maybe November last year.

Thanks.  I picked up a Super on last month and was hoping for the ghost this month.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, treatment said:

fyi.

As of this posting:

US$ 173

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTH7S446

image.png.58babd42f0c87a1c35309edf8fdd0a85.png

Other Bandai DX deals on amzn with the snapshot...

the yf-29 maximilian is $190 and that one is cool

The benefit to ordering from amazon is that if you get a trash vf31ax with all the QC issues you can just exchange it

Edited by 68whiskey