Preorder for the Alpha MPC is now open

I'll probably end up buying from RT.com to get the crappy cells AND the Mospeada versions, just to cover all bases.

Cyc

silly question but what mospeada versions?

as an rt mod isn't it your duty to be supporting the cells? :p

I think he's refering to the fact that the RT Alphas will be released as MOSPEADA Legioss....es? in Japan.

On a semi-related note, BBTS buys back old (or fairly recent) toys and I was thinking of selling back alll my MPC Valks w/armor to upgrade to either:

A. 3 TV Super VF-1J 1/48's: Hikaru, Max, Millia

-or-

B. 1/60 Yamatos: S Max, S Millia, S. Hikaru, VF-1S Roy.

Decisions, desisions...

They do?!?!? HOLY @#$%ING $H*T!!!! How much will they buy them for?

I just perordered mine on Tmpanime.

Just because my Gakken becomes old and doesn't like being manipulated too much.

Look, my alpha is really flying.

Now I wanna see Toynami's do that!

For the record my Gakkens fly also...

EDIT: They fly even faster after I put Tom's stickers on them... just like a rice racer...

Edited by >EXO<

They can stuff the cyclones.  All I want is an Alpha/Legioss and a Beta/Tread.

Some Invid/Inbit would be nice as superposables...

But I wouldn't buy any Cyclones/Ride Armor if they cost a nickel (I know some other mospeada fans will consider that heresy).  Never have liked motorcylces though.

Man, I am just the opposite, I always hated the Alpha/Legioss design,, but the Cyclone/Ride Armor on the other hand I thought looked very cool. Now an Alpha/Beta Legioss/Tread linked on the other hand looked really good, I think that is my problem with the Alpha/Legioss, it looks like half a plane to me.

Anyhow, I thought I read somewhere that HG/Toynami are the only ones with rights to produce Mospeada toys, so if their line doesn't do it for me, I will probably be out of luck. Here is to hoping for a linking Beta/Tread

You're both heretics, and should be stoned to death by an angry mob asap. Now...nobody throws a stone until I give the order. :p

I think it looks pretty decent, overall. However, there's a few features that do bug me. The nose and cockpit looked much better on the Imai kit. Look at the picture Jung posted of his kit, for example. I also liked the shape of the wings on the Imai better than Toynami's.

I'll probably end up buying from RT.com to get the crappy cells AND the Mospeada versions, just to cover all bases.

Cyc

silly question but what mospeada versions?

as an rt mod isn't it your duty to be supporting the cells? :p

Let's just say actions speak louder than word, so if I end up getting them even if I bad mouth 'em...

:)

Still so little word on the Mospeada versions it;'s scary, to the point I fear that they won't come out until AFTER their Robotech brothers. Might be nicer for my wallet, but rather annoying for others.

Cyc

WTF is the deal with that opaque canopy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. I think it is to make it close to the TV show as possible. Now I know why they use those missiles liberally. They cant see thru that canopy. No wonder they couldnt hit the broadside of the barn. :lol:

Top Guns they aint... :p

i wouldn't be surprised if the price drops. look at the yf-1r. it was 80, then it dropped to like 50-60

I wouldn't talk when the Yamato VF-1's were ¥6,800 then dropped to like $26 shipped on eBay. That's about 35% of its original worth (assuming S/H was about 6 bucks) compared to the Toynami, which kept at least 62.5% of its value.

:lol: Yeah, whatever...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3163466723

I thought we were talking about MIB ones, not opened and played with ones.

Didn't someone see a VF-1J MPC being sold for 50 bucks on eBay recently?

Also, the whole nose/canopy area looks wrong to me. It doesn't seem out of scale, but out of shape. Does that make sense?

Oh how I wish that 1) I had a lot of money, and 2) HG didn't screw up John Moscato's Legioss: Perfect Detail Version. If had the dough-dough I'd pay John to finish that, just so I'd have what is possibly the best MOSPEADA toy/model incarnation ever.

That's odd that the nose would be thing that looks funny to ya as a fan of Moscato's sculpt. Moscato's Legioss is incredibly detailed and the craftsmanship fantastic, but I could never get past how stubby and chunky the nose looked in fighter mode. The MPC's nose actually makes both "Guardian" and fighter modes look passable... but I do admit there's something slightly off about it. Might be the canopy proportions in comparison to it.

-Al

Might be nicer for my wallet, but rather annoying for others.

Cyc

Dude- You collect toys. There is no such phrase as "nice for your wallet" for people like us!

:D

Nicer as in "No more than $500Aus on single line per year" :)

Benefit of having no interest in buying Macross and TF toys I guess :)

Cyc

Still so little word on the Mospeada versions it;'s scary, to the point I fear that they won't come out until AFTER their

other than packaging difference (same box but with japanese writing?) what are the expected/rumoured differences between the two?

Still so little word on the Mospeada versions it;'s scary, to the point I fear that they won't come out until AFTER their

other than packaging difference (same box but with japanese writing?) what are the expected/rumoured differences between the two?

Mostly release date, though price and if the Mospeada versions will be a "limited edition" release like the MPC Alpha are still unknown.

The production run is the real thing, will Toynami produce both lots all at once or will they wait until the US requirements are met before doing the Japanese market versions?

Benefit of later release for Mospeada versions is QC might jump. Yeah I'm living in hope, but what options do I have...

Cyc

As Capt America (John Moscato) mentioned earlier, those pics are obviously of a test shot, so as John said the toy shown in the pics is basically the toy we are going to get. If Toynami are at the stage where they can put out test shots, that means the tooling is complete and Toynami won't be making any major changes now. Oh we might get slightly smaller seem lines on the production toy, but that's it.

As for the canopy, well I'm pretty sure that they just used the same blue plastic as the rest of the toy in the test shot and painted it a metalic blue. Maybe they just didn't have any clear plastic when they made that test shot.

Actually, test shots are often just made using whatever color spare plastic the factory has laying around. I'm sure the production toy will have a clear canopy.

Graham