MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

25 minutes ago, jenius said:

Lol, using gift certificates doesn't count does it?

I'm only concerned with how much I paid shipped.  They were free rewards.  It's the same as using a discount code.

Edited by sh9000

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The Amazon.com pre-order listing is up...

image.png.048bfc623ba59047f6b5e5a2c049ffdb.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK23S71/

So, Amazon's price pretty much matches the Crunchyroll Store and is about $14 cheaper than going thru BBTS.  Nothing to write home about, but for those who missed out on pre-ordering elsewhere and are uncomfortable ordering from certain stores they are not familiar with (I am reminded of Nippon-Yasan stealing $200 from me), I guess Amazon is an option.

Hottest release of the year

Worry about if vendors will be able to fulfill pre orders 

US and Japanese online stores offer rewards.  Use the rewards to get your Valk at a discount.  The Valk that you purchased earns new rewards.  Repeat.  Pretty simple concept.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

US and Japanese online stores offer rewards.  Use the rewards to get your Valk at a discount.  The Valk that you purchased earns new rewards.  Repeat.  Pretty simple concept.

That's what I always say. When you deal with retailers like Amazon, and (for other mainstream toys like Transformers, etc) Target, Walmart, etc, there's always a variety of discounts that can be applied either via coupons, cashback sites, credit card offers, giftcard offers, and, sometimes, pricematching. Sadly, Macross has yet to have the same foothold in US retail to make the most of it, but several of these options work for Amazon at least and lessen the pain to one's wallet.

Right? LOL. Just for clarification for everyone. When someone asks "What's the cheapest to get this shipped?" they're looking for a recommendation. Something that is unique to your situation doesn't really help anyone. "If you use this coupon, you can get it for $X" is helpful. "This site has it for only $Y shipped which is the cheapest I've seen" is helpful. The "I used an amazon gift card my mom gave me to get it for $200 shipped" is not helpful. 

That's correct @Slave IV and @Radioguy.

Just for clarification for everyone.  It's been stated in previous posts that The Chosen Prime uses a free rewards system like other sites that anybody can use to get their items for a discount.  Their rewards are exchanged for gift certificates to apply as a discount to the item.  You don't pay for the certificates and they aren't given to you as a gift from someone.

I'll state it again.  "If you use your free rewards from The Chosen Prime on a item then you can get it for a discount."

The preorder is now sold out.  Hopefully somebody else was able to use their rewards to order the DX YF-21 with a discount.

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Okay, fair enough, if it's equivalent to a coupon then it all makes sense. Asking who had the best rewards balance feels funny but whatever.

That's true.. rewards from past purchases shouldn't be relevant in this context. That should probably be in the specific store treads in other sections of the forum.

15 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

21 sold out there tho... oy!

Probably because of the coupon, when I posted it was available. It seems it is going to be the biggest release ever for a Macross figure.

The biggest release ever for a DX release @betocc:huh:

The DX 21 was teased back in October 2019, but the Hi-Metal (precursor to the HMR) was shown back in the ‘90s but never got made. Obviously any new DX Macross release will be a a hot seller off the bat, but in months or weeks later after release, the quality and handling of that “New Item” begins to show up. 

https://www.amazon.com/stores/TamashiiNations/Macross_ShopBySeries/page/3807F0A4-461C-42CB-943B-32008141E5AD

https://www.amazon.com/TAMASHII-NATIONS-Macross-Plus-Spirits-Chogokin/dp/B0CRK23S71

The DX YF-21 is now listed on the Tamashii Nations Macross section on Amazon.  When it becomes available to order again make sure to use your promo and rewards to get it for a discount.

Woohoo!!!  Thank you @Shizuka the Cat so much - ordered with Giftcards!  Ah, I can relax now that I've got one or not?!?! (or arrives months later)  There seems to be so much Joy that has been lost in Macross Collecting over the years (at least in the last decade).  So does Amazon charge now up front or only when they deliver?

Edited by wm cheng

42 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Woohoo!!!  Thank you @Shizuka the Cat so much - ordered with Giftcards!  Ah, I can relax now that I've got one or not?!?! (or arrives months later)  There seems to be so much Joy that has been lost in Macross Collecting over the years (at least in the last decade).  So does Amazon charge now up front or only when they deliver?

Charges when they ship.

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

Got my order in as well thanks to @Shizuka the Cat! Glad that I'm not forking out close to $500 Beaver Dollars and gettting reamed out up here Canuckle Land.:vava:  

It is over $500cdn shipped with customs & duties charged by Amazon (I only went that way because I had US gift cards to spend).  I think the Canadian store options are actually cheaper in the end - even though they are pretty crazy prices.

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Woohoo!!!  Thank you @Shizuka the Cat so much - ordered with Giftcards! 

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

Got my order in as well thanks to @Shizuka the Cat!

Hee hee, glad to be of help, even if only a little.

My husband is soooo going to kill me for having 2x YF-21 pre-orders in, one at AmiAmi and one at Amazon US.

But then again, he likes collecting sneakers and watches, so.... I feel no guilt, LOL!

@Paco Grande :  Try here - https://hobby-bee.com/products/yf-21guld-goa-bowman-use-macross-plus-dx-chogokin  (also a Canuckle Head store located in Vancouver) or the link that the Feline Ph.D has posted.

Getting it from the US to Canada as per the exchange rate will be more than the Canadian Store listing.  

13 hours ago, wm cheng said:

It is over $500cdn shipped with customs & duties charged by Amazon (I only went that way because I had US gift cards to spend).  I think the Canadian store options are actually cheaper in the end - even though they are pretty crazy prices.

What are the other Canadian store options? I only see the Hobby Bee link so far and it is only $2 cheaper than Amazon.com. You also may have to pay up front for Hobby Bee but I’m not sure. Edit: My bad I went through the checkout process at Amazon.com and it’s even higher than their estimate so it’s actually $32 more at Amazon  

I think the price might be better at Amazon.ca but I have not seen a listing there yet.  

Also with Amazon.com isn’t there a chance that the price may drop between now and release and they have lowest price guarantee? I wish I could get it on Amazon Japan like I do for MP Transformers. 

Edited by Paco Grande

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@Paco Grande - The other Canuckle connections that I mentioned are in the other site and Face just gave you clue. 

If Ages Three and Up aren’t willing to put it on their website for whatever reason, I’m certainly not going to call them and beg them to put one aside for me as Face suggested. I’m not a fan of A3U anyway because they tend to bill you before the release date and then you get your item 3 months later. So I only use them when I’m desperate and have no other choice. 

Being close to the store for pick up does help out in not forking out s&h fees @Paco Grande and I do deal with them on a semi-regular bases (been with them since they had the store at Lougheed Mall in 2010. Have not been to the Warehouse location yet). 

59 minutes ago, borgified said:

That's a TWE release (not like the s*** storm of the DX 21 madness) and it will be easier to get. ONLY the TWE APPROVED stores will carry it. Maybe @jvmacross will change the title.  

I will update the thread...but looks like the info has already been posted on the dedicated thread....

You'd think Macross would be my primary concern 24/7...:rolleyes:

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE