7 hours ago, Big s said:

I actually liked Evolution. It’s definitely dated now, but I liked it

23 minutes ago, Thom said:

That was a good, fun movie. I should watch it again.

Love it too. :good: 

I wonder if they're also going to use Head & Shoulders on this movie too since it features David Duchovny. :lol: 

Went old sci-fi tonight and re-watched THE FLY remake from 1986 with Jeff Goldblum. My wife found it gory, lol. But still a great movie and I'm surprised we hadn't seen another remake yet.

EDIT: Forgot to mention THE FLY is on Prime.

Edited by TangledThorns

I know this...

Spoiler

I'm not sure if the entire movie is based on real events, but the RAF raid on the Copenhagen was a bit of a disaster. They hit the Gestapo headquarters, but one of the lead planes was hit in the process and slammed into a nearby catholic school. The planes that came in after the first run mistook the burning school as the target building and started dropping their bombs there instead making a horrific situation much much worse. I think something like 80 kids died in the crash/bombing and dozens upon dozens more serverly injured.

The raid succeeded in destroying Gestapo records though likely saving hundreds of resistance members and their family's from executions

On 3/11/2022 at 1:56 AM, 505thAirborne said:

Edited by renegadeleader1

On 3/4/2022 at 10:13 PM, TangledThorns said:

Went old sci-fi tonight and re-watched THE FLY remake from 1986 with Jeff Goldblum. My wife found it gory, lol. But still a great movie and I'm surprised we hadn't seen another remake yet.

EDIT: Forgot to mention THE FLY is on Prime.

Kids: this is what happens when ya don't treat yer acne!!!

On 3/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, Big s said:

I actually watched this and didn’t know the title. It was pretty depressing mostly. Had to watch something a bit more light hearted afterwards 

Yeah, it's a pretty hard hitting film. The scenes with the RAF are great, acting was top notch but damn that opening scene... I did not expect that.

I watched some Bobs Burgers afterwards for a much needed laugh.

Also I watched The Adam Project just a bit ago, not bad. Might have been better as a limited series though ( say 6-7 episodes ), it feels like a rushed story & plot but in a short amount of time it works for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw this here in General Movie but it seems Bruce Willis's acting career is at an end. Typically this kind of disease doesn't get better but I hope Bruce gets the help he needs :( I did read rumors about this recently as an explanation on why Bruce was starring in so many awful movies in the past few year.  

JUST IN: Bruce Willis Steps Away From Acting After Suffering Language Disorder Aphasia

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/just-in-bruce-willis-steps-away-from-acting-after-suffering-language-disorder-aphasia/

On 3/30/2022 at 6:10 PM, TET said:

I like Liam Neeson, but his type-casting has got to stop. Do a rom-com, or a fantasy as the wizened wizard, or something!

Thom (real account currently under repair.)

Or a parody like Richard Crenna playing Trautman in Hot Shots: Part Deux!

On 3/30/2022 at 6:10 PM, TET said:

I like Liam Neeson, but his type-casting has got to stop. Do a rom-com, or a fantasy as the wizened wizard, or something!

Thom (real account currently under repair.)

I can't understand why actors aren't retired by his age. I mean seriously. Movie shoots are not easy. I wouldn't want to do a movie shoot at 50, let alone 69. I would of course do one for a couple mil. I'm assuming he has money though.

Why are these actors still churning out these garbage movies?

-Are they broke? Did they really manage their money that badly?

-Are they so devoid of imagination that they can't think of something else to do? Assuming they have even some money left there are a ZILLION other interesting things that life has to offer. Go experience some of them.

I like what I do for a living. That said, the second I can retire, I'm out! I have a ton of other things that I would rather be doing with my time.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't understand why actors aren't retired by his age. ...

I would assume he still loves doing, has a big enough name to get paid a lot for it, and gets to travel around the world on someone else's dime. Three pluses I wouldn't mind having.;)

4 hours ago, Thom said:

I would assume he still loves doing, has a big enough name to get paid a lot for it, and gets to travel around the world on someone else's dime. Three pluses I wouldn't mind having.;)

1. You should never assume.

2. He's not "traveling around the world" making movies. He's going to a location and working.

3. You say you wouldn't mind having this lifestyle. I'm guessing you're not 69, you haven't spent a lifetime traveling for work and you don't have a good gauge for how much work/ time on set you spend making a movie.

I don't know what his life is like. But I do have an inkling. I was a professional superbike racer for a little over a decade. I absolutely loved it. From the outside it looks like the dream, But what most people don't know about or factor is is all the work that goes into it. It's a LOT. And I'll bet it's less hours per day than shooting a movie. And the "travel" suuuuucccckkkkeeeddddd. Yeah, I have been all over on other people's dime. If you look at the list of all the places I have been you would think I was an accomplished world traveler. the thing is I didn't see anything in those places aside from the race track and maybe the town/city nearby a tiny bit. You're not on vacation. You're working.

I wouldn't trade my time racing for anything in the world. And I would still love to ride. But, even at 50yrs old you couldn't pay me enough to do it again. And I don't have a bank full of money like LN does.

I’m pretty sure he loves acting and probably wants to stay relevant by doing as many films as possible. I really don’t think it’s a money issue. Maybe he even likes the excuse to just get out of the house to do something. They fly him to all kinds of locations.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't understand why actors aren't retired by his age. I mean seriously. Movie shoots are not easy. I wouldn't want to do a movie shoot at 50, let alone 69. I would of course do one for a couple mil. I'm assuming he has money though.

17 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m pretty sure he loves acting and probably wants to stay relevant by doing as many films as possible. I really don’t think it’s a money issue. Maybe he even likes the excuse to just get out of the house to do something. They fly him to all kinds of locations.

He does it to help him cope with grief; Liam lost his wife Natasha Richardson about 13 years ago (brain injury from a skiing accident). When you lose someone you love, that takes a piece out of you in a way few things can. :(  He's still mourning her to this day, and for him, acting is how he keeps moving and pushing forward:

"He also admitted the continuous work has also been a seismic factor in his bereavement process, claiming that he’s not “good without work” and that he’d likely be wallowing in sadness if he couldn’t work. "

https://www.goalcast.com/liam-neeson-natasha-richardson-grief/

Edited by pengbuzz

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

2. He's not "traveling around the world" making movies. He's going to a location and working.

3. You say you wouldn't mind having this lifestyle. I'm guessing you're not 69, you haven't spent a lifetime traveling for work and you don't have a good gauge for how much work/ time on set you spend making a movie.

I don't know what his life is like. But I do have an inkling. I was a professional superbike racer for a little over a decade. I absolutely loved it. From the outside it looks like the dream, But what most people don't know about or factor is is all the work that goes into it. It's a LOT. And I'll bet it's less hours per day than shooting a movie. And the "travel" suuuuucccckkkkeeeddddd. Yeah, I have been all over on other people's dime. If you look at the list of all the places I have been you would think I was an accomplished world traveler. the thing is I didn't see anything in those places aside from the race track and maybe the town/city nearby a tiny bit. You're not on vacation. You're working.

I wouldn't trade my time racing for anything in the world. And I would still love to ride. But, even at 50yrs old you couldn't pay me enough to do it again. And I don't have a bank full of money like LN does.

All I can do is assume, because I don't know the guy. The point is, he chooses to still be doing it. His choice, so I assume he's still having fun with it. And more to him if that is what he wants.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I assume all the time; it's actually quite fun, as long as you're not doing it in things that matter. :)

For example: I assume you like Macross.

54 minutes ago, Thom said:

All I can do is assume, because I don't know the guy. The point is, he chooses to still be doing it. His choice, so I assume he's still having fun with it. And more to him if that is what he wants.

Yeah; we each tolerate things differently. The point is: if Liam wants to act, he can do so at whatever age he wants without owing an explanation to anyone.