1/1 Helmet The Real thing

Ranger565

Hey, it's only Sunday!

Looks like we got an early start on the weekly "Hey! Look! A Macross 1:1 helmet!" thread.

Here's looking forward to the same "news" next week!

H

Wow dude. And I thought I had a thin skin.

Trust me, we're being nice compared to how some respond to redundant posts and/or n00b questions around here. At least you weren't flamed outright. . .

Just having a little fun with you. No offense intended.

Anyways. . . don't take your ball and go home. We need new blood around here to counter the bitterness of the old fogies who yell at the newbies for the tiniest offense. :)

Well, for those who wanted to see what he posted, here's the link.

Best Regards,

H

Yeah. If they could get safety helmet cert I'd rock one on a motorcycle. I'm sure that would sell in Japan and over here, too. Oh well. ;)

hell yeah! I'd so wear that if I had a motorcycle. hehe, maybe if that day were to come where we can where these helmets we can start up a motorcycle MW crew. :p:D:lol:

Yeah.  If they could get safety helmet cert I'd rock one on a motorcycle.  I'm sure that would sell in Japan and over here, too.  Oh well. ;)

hell yeah! I'd so wear that if I had a motorcycle. hehe, maybe if that day were to come where we can where these helmets we can start up a motorcycle MW crew. :p:D:lol:

What, like the Star Wars "Road Squadron" guys??

Scary man, scary. :p

Anyways. . . don't take your ball and go home. We need new blood around here to counter the bitterness of the old fogies who yell at the newbies for the tiniest offense. :)

The ones who are bitter or yell at the newbies are the ones with no lives and spend everday and all day on here. We also call them bobepat. :p

Yeah.  If they could get safety helmet cert I'd rock one on a motorcycle.  I'm sure that would sell in Japan and over here, too.  Oh well. ;)

What, like the Star Wars "Road Squadron" guys??

Scary man, scary. :p

Road Squadron? Where they at? I have a motorcycle already! HAHAHAHA j/k I wouldn't join them. I've already got my own riding group.

I'm thinking the DYRL helmet could possibly work for paintball too. Just have to get it safety rated. Be a shame to scratch up such an expensive helmet, though. :ph34r:B))

Has there been any word what size they're making this things in? Speaking as someone who wears a size 7½ hat (which equates to having a big head), I can't help but think regardless of the price, it would be too small for most american massive craniums.

Why get the helmet? Like anyone will be flying a Valk in the near future... And if they make it why dont they make the uniforms as well? Just dumb unless you get the helmet for a show piece.

Wear it as a motorcycle helmet....or if you're with the airforce....give your fellow wingmen a good laugh...and probably a court marshall. :lol:

Why get the helmet?  Like anyone will be flying a Valk in the near future...  And if they make it why dont they make the uniforms as well? Just dumb unless you get the helmet for a show piece.

Wear it as a motorcycle helmet....or if you're with the airforce....give your fellow wingmen a good laugh...and probably a court marshall. :lol:

It's been stated that it has no safety value whatsoever, it is simply a costume piece.

Okay, why are they making these, when they should be puting the manufacturing costs towards making us large scale, perfect transformation VF-0s, Mac plus valks, destroids, enemy mecha, and a macross?

Because as many have pointed out, making large scale M0 and M+ valkyries are a big waste of money. <_<

:angry:

maybe they are competing with those char helmets that came out a few months back. But in truth I think these would look ridiculous on a bike rider.

Great observation on that one & yes, they would look ridiculous on a bike rider.

If they make 1:1 Valk with the costume and all, Sure get the helmet. :lol: But that seems a waste of money. Even for a Halloween costume, I still think it is expensive. And where the hell is the uniform? No complete uniform to come with it? I use that money on 1:48 Valks. B))

Even if those things were affordable, I'm still not sure what I'd do with it after I got it (aside from "swooshing" a 1/48 around the house while wearing it and fogging up the glass).

I think I may have said this before, so forgive me if I am repeating myself:

I have always wanted a Macross helmet. I just think it would be one of those cool things to have on your coffee table. But, by "cool," you understand that I mean the "woman-repellant" brand of cool.

I don't know where this desire came from. I think it is because I always thought it was cool that Hikaru had Roy's old helmet on his coffee table.

If they made a TV version of Roy's helmet. . . I'd probably pay up to $500 for it.

But, even for my crazy ass, those DYRL-colored $1200 helmets are too much.

H

P.S. Macross does not always repel girlfriends. Over two months, I've gotten my gf halfway through SDF:Macross. I think she'll finally see why I love it after "Pineapple Salad" and "Bursting Point". . . but right now, we've got to suffer through "Phantasm.". . . she fell asleep halfway through it last night. I don't blame her.