Stands comparable to yetistands

Jdmguy25

1 hour ago, BroTaku79 said:

Arcadia A adapter should be able to accommodate all of those except for YF-21 battroid mode as there is a separate adapter for it and I currently do not offer it.

I will have to cross check with the producer to see if this is indeed the case though but I have seen users using Arcadia A adapters for thoese valks in question.

Thanks!

That helps--thank you. I plan to keep all of them in fighter mode. If you can let me know for sure, I would greatly appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

That helps--thank you. I plan to keep all of them in fighter mode. If you can let me know for sure, I would greatly appreciate it.

Could you just check the adapters with your Valks? The only ones I remember are a small rectangle version (Arcadia a) or the octagon version (Arcadia b). 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Could you just check the adapters with your Valks? The only ones I remember are a small rectangle version (Arcadia a) or the octagon version (Arcadia b). 

All of my adapters are packed away in their original boxes, which are in turn packed away where I can't easily get to them. The valks have been on FlightPose stands for many years, so there was no need to use the adapters and I don't remember what they all look like. Before taking several hours to dig them all out to check before buying a bunch of stands that cost $37-65 each, I was hoping others might have the adapters more readily available and/or have already put those valks on the stands and could answer the question. Sounds like Arcadia A might work for all of them.

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

All of my adapters are packed away in their original boxes, which are in turn packed away where I can't easily get to them. The valks have been on FlightPose stands for many years, so there was no need to use the adapters and I don't remember what they all look like. Before taking several hours to dig them all out to check before buying a bunch of stands that cost $37-65 each, I was hoping others might have the adapters more readily available and/or have already put those valks on the stands and could answer the question. Sounds like Arcadia A might work for all of them.

That’s understandable. Yeah, my guess is Arcadia A will do it but yeah, I’d want to know for sure too. 

Meanwhile, I finally got one of the Archi Stands
 D7F02340-C872-4C6E-A9F7-335380B6367A.jpeg.a1adfd6b6eaa8b8aab6b83c08b6ad6e8.jpeg

So far so good! Only thing is even though it came packed really well and has the typical acrylic protective film that you need to peel off, mine still had a scuff on the base.

Another difference from Yetistands is these don’t come with printed washers which really help with the connections feeling more secure as opposed to bare acrylic attached to each other. Either way, glad these exist because they put all other available stands to shame. 

On 5/25/2023 at 9:22 PM, Slave IV said:

That’s understandable. Yeah, my guess is Arcadia A will do it but yeah, I’d want to know for sure too. 

Arcadia B is specifically for the weird hexagon plug they went with for their Macross Zero releases.

Arcadia A will work for everything else released by Arcadia or Yamato.

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

So far so good! Only thing is even though it came packed really well and has the typical acrylic protective film that you need to peel off, mine still had a scuff on the base.

Another difference from Yetistands is these don’t come with printed washers which really help with the connections feeling more secure as opposed to bare acrylic attached to each other. Either way, glad these exist because they put all other available stands to shame. 

So is the lack of printed washers better or worse? I can't quite tell from your comment. Asking because I just ordered six of these stands and have both a filament and resin printer.

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Arcadia B is specifically for the weird hexagon plug they went with for their Macross Zero releases.

Arcadia A will work for everything else released by Arcadia or Yamato.

Much appreciated! :good: Now I have to either dig out my original adapters or track down STL files for replacements online that I can 3D print.

45 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

So is the lack of printed washers better or worse? I can't quite tell from your comment. Asking because I just ordered six of these stands and have both a filament and resin printer.

Much appreciated! :good: Now I have to either dig out my original adapters or track down STL files for replacements online that I can 3D print.

The lack of the washers is worse imo. The smooth acrylic has no buffer/friction between them without the washers so you need to tighten more to prevent slipping. Not a huge deal especially since the arms are thicker on Archi compared to Yeti but worth pointing out since I never noticed it mentioned before. If you plan on printing your own, it may be an issue with the length of the bolts provided so I’d say just don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine. 

52 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The lack of the washers is worse imo. The smooth acrylic has no buffer/friction between them without the washers so you need to tighten more to prevent slipping. Not a huge deal especially since the arms are thicker on Archi compared to Yeti but worth pointing out since I never noticed it mentioned before. If you plan on printing your own, it may be an issue with the length of the bolts provided so I’d say just don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine. 

Appreciate the heads up. If it looks like the slippage might become an issue, I have TPU filament on hand and could try printing some thin washers, but if the bolt length then becomes an issue I might source some slightly longer bolts online.

The tightening of the stand might be needed often if not at all for the DX VF-1 as it is heavier.  I once put a 1/60 VF-1 in a separate box and it felt like I was holding an empty box.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Appreciate the heads up. If it looks like the slippage might become an issue, I have TPU filament on hand and could try printing some thin washers, but if the bolt length then becomes an issue I might source some slightly longer bolts online.

17 minutes ago, MKT said:

Don’t have an Archi stand yet, but I’m wondering would DIY-ing some washers cut from rubber sheets work?

Yeah, if needed, I think you could use some thin rubber sheets to accomplish what you need and then you might not need to worry about bolt length.

Just to clarify, I think the Archi stands are great and I was mainly pointing out differences from Yeti that I noticed. Advantage with no washers is also a cleaner look and I like that the adapters are printed “clear” whereas Yeti didn’t start doing that until later. 

Slightly off topic, but related question:

I have a 1/48 Yamato VF-1.  As I'm sure you all know, the 1/48 Yamato VF-1's did not come with the part that attaches to the valkyrie so it could be mounted on the stand:  these were later included in the first Yamato display stand.

Outside of buying one of those old display stands, is there anywhere I can buy just the adapter piece that attaches to the valkyrie?  I've tried looking at shapeways and other 3d printing sites but haven't had any luck.

32 minutes ago, Reni said:

I have a 1/48 Yamato VF-1.  As I'm sure you all know, the 1/48 Yamato VF-1's did not come with the part that attaches to the valkyrie so it could be mounted on the stand:  these were later included in the first Yamato display stand.

Outside of buying one of those old display stands, is there anywhere I can buy just the adapter piece that attaches to the valkyrie?  I've tried looking at shapeways and other 3d printing sites but haven't had any luck.

Yeti used to make the adapters. It would be great if Archi can start making more adapters like that. 

13 hours ago, Reni said:

I dug out the box for my Yamato display stand and I think this is the one you're looking for. I'd have to add it to my project backlog, but it wouldn't be difficult to recreate it for 3D printing in a durable material like ABS.

PXL_20230528_154944770.jpg

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I dug out the box for my Yamato display stand and I think this is the one you're looking for. I'd have to add it to my project backlog, but it wouldn't be difficult to recreate it for 3D printing in a durable material like ABS.

I think that’s what Yeti did but also redesigned it to be more robust. I wonder if anyone saved the images of all the adapters yeti offered. 

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think that’s what Yeti did but also redesigned it to be more robust. I wonder if anyone saved the images of all the adapters yeti offered. 

Just checked the Wayback Machine and it didn't capture anything beyond high-level product links and some images. Can't even get to the 1/48 adapter entry. It's a shame that he didn't post his adapter files somewhere for purchase online. Even if he never plans to make more stands or adapters, keeping those adapter designs locked away is a real shame. Now they have to be reinvented...again. There might be some images of the 1/48 adapters in the YetiStand thread, but it's 80+ pages long and I don't have time to go through all of that today.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

@Anasazi37 if you ever decide to print these up I'd be first in line for two!

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Just checked the Wayback Machine and it didn't capture anything beyond high-level product links and some images. Can't even get to the 1/48 adapter entry. It's a shame that he didn't post his adapter files somewhere for purchase online. Even if he never plans to make more stands or adapters, keeping those adapter designs locked away is a real shame. Now they have to be reinvented...again. There might be some images of the 1/48 adapters in the YetiStand thread, but it's 80+ pages long and I don't have time to go through all of that today.

Yeah, @ChaoticYeti had a goldmine of parts for collectors in general and such a loss to not have those designs available in some form. He really took the time to engineer parts to work better as he went along too so it would be a real shame to have to start over. I’d definitely be in on buying more adapters and other parts if they were available again. 

Another note on the Bandai DX adapter design I noticed is it doesn’t like to be tilted vertically much. In my setup pictured earlier, it is at the limit of what I think it can safely be angled at. If the Archi adapter was a tighter fit, it might work better but this is mostly a design difference between Bandai and Arcadia where the Arcadia designs allow for more dynamic setups. The Bandai connection is designed for some banking ability and just a very mild vertical tilt that their stands are set at. 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

@Reni @Anasazi37 @Slave IV Hey guys. Is this the 1/48 Yeti Adapters you're looking for? Images from YetiStand Alpha thread, page 10 & 11.

Hope these helps.

Fighter/Gerwalk

image.jpeg.e5514b6300b02abc6f3ec5a03512a2aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.af6db572c2653c4345867d9f2b4495a7.jpeg

image.jpeg.44f934cd094eaa10027268c1730fe4b0.jpeg

image.jpeg.fd045ec71b2bc156786286dcc654f0b2.jpeg

Battroid

image.jpeg.b311fd0a9038d69f3bbfbf8416f2d37b.jpeg

image.jpeg.2f976b3dab6e2659dd3682f83a3c70c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e343d5ae6e777cba2aba769db80b7a6.jpeg

Nice! Yeah, that’s the one I was thinking of. He also had Lego adapters and all kinds of others but that one is the most useful to us, as well as the Q-Rau ones he had. 

Just now, scand said:

Regarding the Archi stands... how hard is to get the double, say with two DX size valks on a single Detolf shelf?

I haven’t tried but shouldn’t be too hard considering you can adjust the poses and angles almost infinitely. Here are some shots in my detolf with a bunch of Valks around that size and using a Yeti detolf stand. 

C36ED35D-E7F3-4616-84B9-CFF9D4AD3690.jpeg.fd2946f2b308271199364cb9c8f03766.jpegAC7A8638-D892-4798-81B5-58D6292DB1C0.jpeg.2b6e52310876f2c5f2af024c841838c2.jpeg4AC20932-51DF-45FC-B9CB-B2AD0AEE3A58.jpeg.d63926a46527659f37295b10068190eb.jpegA404C8A5-0D7B-4FB0-B6A9-9831E5B276AD.jpeg.cc7d767330e3ccf01d3103380a4619e7.jpeg2B84E9EC-AD24-46D1-8D0B-C9843856270C.jpeg.650aa08c7570a8deb635524a1e14ae05.jpeg

2 minutes ago, scand said:

Cool, thanks Slave... 1 more question DX A vs B? what adapter for DX VF1s then adapter for Mac Frontier valks? Sorry if that's already been asked.

NP! DX B for VF1 and DX A for Frontier. 

That detolf pic I just posted and the adapter finds right above remind me I really need a Yeti Yamato 1/48 Battroid adapter. Someone please make these or get the files to print!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

NP! DX B for VF1 and DX A for Frontier. 

That detolf pic I just posted and the adapter finds right above remind me I really need a Yeti Yamato 1/48 Battroid adapter. Someone please make these or get the files to print!

Cool, will give them an order tonight. I've been wanting to for awhile but was confused on the adapters.

1 hour ago, scand said:

Darn... looks like only 1 Arcadia A stand i n stock :{

I think they restock fairly often but don’t lag. We never know if for any reason they stop making things but thankfully, it seems like they are doing well and planning to expand their offerings. I still regret not placing a huge order with Yeti before he suddenly stopped everything. 

I definitely think some kind of thin washer between the arms is needed especially if you mount chogokin with super parts.  If you position the arms as needed and torque well before mounting I don't think the arms are going to move.  However trying to make any adjustments while items are mounted you will loosen the bolts just enough where arms will give and you can have a toy fall off.  It's happen to me a few times trying to position things while they are mounted.  I caught the valks, but to me it's not worth it with heavy items.  Remove the valks position then remount.  Could take a bit but safer in thelong run until I can find a "in-between" solution that works.

That said the Archi stands are wonderful.

20230528_191726.jpg

Just going to throw this out there...  ChaoticYeti spent a lot of time developing his stand and accessory designs.  The fact that this thread exists says a lot about it.  That being said, for me, I don't think that anything should be an exact copy of his work.  Inspired by is fine.

I really hope ChaoticYeti is OK.  Lots of bad thing were going on in the world back when he (and other members) stopped visiting the Forum.

I'm probably going to order myself some DX A and Arcadia A adapters in the near future.  As with everyone else, I'm glad to have this option available.

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Just going to throw this out there...  ChaoticYeti spent a lot of time developing his stand and accessory designs.  The fact that this thread exists says a lot about it.  That being said, for me, I don't think that anything should be an exact copy of his work.  Inspired by is fine.

I really hope ChaoticYeti is OK.  Lots of bad thing were going on in the world back when he (and other members) stopped visiting the Forum.

I'm probably going to order myself some DX A and Arcadia A adapters in the near future.  As with everyone else, I'm glad to have this option available.

Totally agree. Part of why I’ve been interested and posting about the differences. These definitely aren’t exact copies but heavily inspired for sure. Like I said though, the adapters @ChaoticYeti had were extremely valuable and we need those to be available in son some way again. 

On 5/29/2023 at 4:01 AM, Slave IV said:

Another note on the Bandai DX adapter design I noticed is it doesn’t like to be tilted vertically much. In my setup pictured earlier, it is at the limit of what I think it can safely be angled at. If the Archi adapter was a tighter fit, it might work better but this is mostly a design difference between Bandai and Arcadia where the Arcadia designs allow for more dynamic setups. The Bandai connection is designed for some banking ability and just a very mild vertical tilt that their stands are set at. 

The tilt of your Angel Bird on Archi stand pic is about the same as the tilt angle Bandai set for the extra Limited Stand on their VF-1J Hikaru & VF-1S Roy first editions.
That set angle on Bandai's stand is somewhat precarious, as the valk is mostly resting on the rear portion of the cradle (the part that holds the valk arms), whilst the front forks of the cradle (between the head) are barely holding onto the valk to prevent it from crashing down. The cradle design is really more suitable to hold the valk at flatter angles like on Bandai's fixed posed stand.

Both standard clear adapter & the black plastic cradle on the limited stand uses the same design to hold the valk, so I think tilting the valk on the clear adapter with the Archi stand will also put uneven stress on the adapter. I would be careful of putting the valk at that tilted angle in the long term, as clear plastic tends to be brittle & may suddenly snap causing the valk to come tumbling down.