Was scanning Mandarake recently and noticed they had a Beagle Rey-type Ride Armor for about 35,000 yen. No Legioss though. However, I was rather suprised to see that they recently stocked some Toynami MPC valks. From what I recall, they were priced around 5000-6000 yen.

Original with paint stripped. A friend of mine is going to repaint it with more anime accurate hair and eyes.

Ah, cool! :) I thought with your interest in the 1:1 helmet maybe you scored that batch of proto heads.

I pulled apart a helmet version head the other day... That was an interesting experience... :huh:

If I can RP a Yellow Belmont head, is there any way to tampo or decal the details on? Or would they have to be painted? :unsure:

Thought this was cool - a 1/5 Ride Armore resin kit.

Just went for over 30,000 on YahooJapan auctions. Was tempted to bid but did not...

attachicon.gifCyclone1_5_ResinKit1.jpg

attachicon.gifCyclone1_5_ResinKit2.jpg

1/5!!! That's HUGE I never knew it existed. Thanks for the heads up DarrinG!!!.

Pity that it looks like it's not variable.

I'm half tempted to track one of these down and see if it can be built to BE transformable.

As amazing as the Beagle is, I always dream of a 1/6 Ride Armor being produced by Hot Toys or some other company.

I wish I was more adept at designing 3D models. I could do a proper BlowSuperior like the one you're doing.

Actually, I'd have a go ant doing a set of anime accurate 1/10 heads for all the main characters first. I'm aiming to make all the main cast in 1/10 scale right now. After Houquet, Mint.

I really hate both the Beagle and Toynami Stick/Scott head sculpts. The beagle barely looks like the anime while Toynami's looks...kinda stretched vertically. But closer to the anime than beagle's attempt.

On a smaller note, anyone else disappointed that the Megahouse has the faux lights in the Ride Armor chest but that the beagle has painted lights. Always wanted to rectify that.

Edited by Alex

Pity that it looks like it's not variable.

I'm half tempted to track one of these down and see if it can be built to BE transformable.

As amazing as the Beagle is, I always dream of a 1/6 Ride Armor being produced by Hot Toys or some other company.

A 1/6 ride armor is what I'm hoping the 35th anniversary will be about.ZCWorld would do a good job on a 1/6 action figure.

As for the faux/painted lights, that was a discussion back in 2009.

I think many members would have liked faux aswell.

I really hate both the Beagle and Toynami Stick/Scott head sculpts. The beagle barely looks like the anime while Toynami's looks...kinda stretched vertically. But closer to the anime than beagle's attempt.

On a smaller note, anyone else disappointed that the Megahouse has the faux lights in the Ride Armor chest but that the beagle has painted lights. Always wanted to rectify that.

YEP - Agree. Always found that unacceptable, as with the shin lights as well. But also quirky - that Beagle went to such a high level of detail but did not see fit to do the faux plastic lights instead of just paint.

Found this pic of someone who replaced the shin paint with 'lights' - if I had the means I would do this on both the shins and chest...

post-8486-0-25729800-1378812119.jpg

Does anyone know of any previous Houquet customs out in the online ether?

Having flown blind with Yellow I wouldn't mind seeing what other people have done for this custom, if anything.

edit-

Just saw Frogze's attempt at Houquet. Nice. I've also been thinking about retroactively making her smaller, though I suspect more to avoid havijng to but another beagle :)

Edited by Alex

Those 3D printed hands don't look that great, IMO. Probably better than broken hands, but they just seem way too big for the stubby body.

Compared to the crumbled hands these are great, line art accurate not so much, but one less thing I have to worry about breaking. B))