Mog Posted April 20, 2020 Share Posted April 20, 2020 Since no toy company was making an updated TV Style SDF-1, I finally caved and got an old-school Matchbox version. While waiting for it, I started seeing all the customs and mods everyone was doing or did to theirs. Needless to say, y’all are a bunch of enablers! I was only gonna do a few changes, but I decided to do a “few” more custom touches. So yeah, I’ve been cribbing notes from everyone’s work. It looked like the Macross I got was in good condition (no yellowing, all railguns in great condition, etc.). But it had this issue: I’m gerry-rigging a workaround, since the plastic around the ratchet is kinda brittle. But I’ll see how well it succeeds, once I reassemble that whole chest/main guns area. First up, I painted and detailed the Prometheus and the Daedelus: Spent too many times referencing back to the M3 website. Painting the lines yellow (that mark off the Prometheus’ elevators) was an idea I cribbed from @nightmareB4macross’s awesome custom. The sides of the Daedelus looked kinda bare, so I made some homemade stickers to detail her up. I’ll post more as I get other bits done. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.