Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Zero:

The Seacons were released along with the headmasters and some of the power master and other funky ones at the end of the US G1 line, but they never appeared in the show. There was a G1 Headmasters two episode ending to US G1, but in japan, Headmasters was anotehr TV series, followed by Super God Masterforce (where the European G1 realease Overlord is from, andyone got one they wanna give me?) and then Victory (where Star Saber and Victory Leo and those guys are from.)

HK bootlegs of the three series are easily gattable on places like eBay, thats where I got them...they've got lame English dubs and poor graphics, but you get the storyline

Not a problem mate!

The later cartoons are even worse than G1 tho for the msot part...waaaaaaaaay much more kid oriented.

Oh, and one other great thing in teh Headmasters series:

Battle Beasts epsode!! ANother retarded toyline released in both US and Japan, but in Japan it was related to TF, but not in US thank god.

US TF cartoons ended on the two-part episode 'The Rebirth', which introduced Headmasters and Targetmasters (human/alien guys in suits), because Transformers was slowly but surely dying in popularity. Hasbro didn't do itself any favours by killing off Optimus Prime in the movie (which is why they don't dare kill off characters, at least not for long, in today's shows).

TF these days have actually been going on for longer than G1 (Bw in 1995 to now), and have apparently passed G1 in terms of sales.

The japanese aim TFs at an even younger age group than Hasbro does. More violence in jap TF (like all those deaths or Soundwave and Blaster tearing each other apart in HM) unfortunately doesn't cover all the weird humour and kiddiness.

Anyway, the Seacons were a Targetmaster combiner. Five of the six members became Piranacon (or King Poseidon), with the odd man out becoming the gun. Any of the limbs can become the gun.

In typical japanese can't-be-bothered-writing-for-combiners fashion, on Masterforce (one of the most popular japanese TF series because they had human pilots, I guess), only Snaptrap, the leader of the Seacons, had intelligence - his limb troopers were all mindless drones. None of them transformed into robot mode.

This tradition has been maintained by tv show Superlink's combiners, whose leaders are the only bots that matter, with the limbs being drones.

Not a problem mate!

The later cartoons are even worse than G1 tho for the msot part...waaaaaaaaay much more kid oriented.

Battle Beasts epsode!! ANother retarded toyline released in both US and Japan, but in Japan it was related to TF, but not in US thank god.

yea i saw the cover for the HK version and saw the battle beast on it I think they are called Beast Formers in japan. actually i used to love them when they were first released in the usa, and they seemed quite popular some even today still fetch good money on ebay, was the episode any good? I wonder if the beast formers had any influence later down the line on the transformers Beast Wars series and all of its spinoffs.

Anyone in or around the Simi Valley, California area: I scoped out an Alt Swindle in the Target toy aisle. Only one there so Happy hunting. I didn't get it myself because frankly a Jeep Wrangler TF that isn't Hound/green isn't a TF I'll be buying. I'd be better off getting that Power Rangers SPD Megazord. LOL *bricked* X_x

Besides, they didn't have Grimmy. T_T

Edited by ManxoChu

Hmmm....they appear to be different trailers. The inside of the trailer that's coming "January 15th" has some ridges/slats just inside the open door. On those new pics the ridges/slats aren't there. Could be a more advance prototype though. Either way, the TFing one looks great and I hope these are one in the same. And affordable. :ph34r:

That's abit unfair - part of the licensing deal means they can either only make a car in the colours that are OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE on the real car, or the colour the manufacturer requests. The exception to this is Meister, as I understand, the RX-8 doesn't come in white, but it appears Mazda was happy so long as they also made a red version as well.

Besides, Windcharger (and Overdrive) were both red cars.

It does come in white.

post-26-1104729313_thumb.jpg

Like many things, the Seacons appeared in like one issue of the US comic. I actually have the full set of toys still, and I think I got all the parts too.

The Seacons were kinda cool because they were kind of like a targetmaster combiner. One of the smaller 5 guys became the gun. I used the one on the box packaging as the gun, but all 5 came with the parts to do so. You could also set each up like a turret, hence all the feet bases. Pretty cool combiner, though I like it's original aquatic paint scheme better.

As for the MPC Prime's trailer: DAMN that's big, and oh so lovely. Wonder how much it'll cost.

I stand corrected!

Not a problem mate!

Battle Beasts epsode!!  ANother retarded toyline released in both US and Japan, but in Japan it was related to TF, but not in US thank god.

yea i saw the cover for the HK version and saw the battle beast on it I think they are called Beast Formers in japan. actually i used to love them when they were first released in the usa, and they seemed quite popular some even today still fetch good money on ebay, was the episode any good? I wonder if the beast formers had any influence later down the line on the transformers Beast Wars series and all of its spinoffs.

I doubt it - Beast transformers have always been in TF - just that G1 beasts were generally mechanical looking, like the Dinobots or the Insecticons, while the earlier BW toys were organics. And even so, later Beast Wars toys went almost totally mechanical (the Transmetals era).

no no no....Im talking about Battle Beasts....a NON-transformable toy line of humanoid armored beasts that had the heat sensitive stickers with their factions like of TFs and I think I read in Toyfare that you did like a rock-paper-scissors game based on what faction they were in (there were a couple i think)

They were really corny from what Ive seen.

People boast how great G1 is but the first few years of figures were borrowed from other toy lines............ Once they stopped borrowing figs from other toylines TF's went down hill.......

Diaclones rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

:p

no no no....Im talking about Battle Beasts....a NON-transformable toy line of humanoid armored beasts that had the heat sensitive stickers with their factions like of TFs and I think I read in Toyfare that you did like a rock-paper-scissors game based on what faction they were in (there were a couple i think)

They were really corny from what Ive seen.

yes that is what i was talking about as well, they had the wood, fire, water, bit going for them they also had a limited sunburst one as well. i actually liked those when they came out. In japan i believe they were called BeastFormers and were some sort of weird side story to the Transformers series. i have seen the Japanese logo and if i recall it looks almost identical to the japanese TF logo

People boast how great G1 is but the first few years of figures were borrowed from other toy lines............ Once they stopped borrowing figs from other toylines TF's went down hill.......

Diaclones rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not agree more all my favorites from the TF series came from Diaclones.

Chris

I found this on Seibertron.com, this is what it says about the Battle Beast.

Beast Formers

The Battle Beasts in Japan, called the Beast Formers, were part of the Transformers toy line from Takara. The Beast Formers even made appearances in the Japanese exclusive Headmasters cartoon series - allied with either Autobots or Decepticons.

here is the link it is on the top half of the database on the right side of the page.

Seibertron.com

Chris

Just picked up a set of the new re-issued Predaking giftbox.

I have to say one of the nicest re-issues so far, everything look just like the original.

Diecast, high quality plastic, properly stickered, and doesn't look like the other cheap re-issues of the past. Very heavy, makes a great pose next to my 1/48 VF-1S or Masterpiece Optimus.

Zero-

Yeah, thats the one I was talking about. Now that we're all on the same page lol....

I wholly agree about the Diaclone stuff....all the best figures (ala, the die cast metal having cars) are Diaclone, except Metroplex, who will forever be my favorite Transformer of all time *fondles G1 'Plex with chrome thighs, rubber tires, tight joints, no play wear, and no stickers applied*

:lol:

yea i will always love the G-1 cars and trucks as well as the seeker jets. brings me back to when i was much younger some of the best years of my life. i definetly want to pick up that predaking reissue but i am so short on cash right now and there are tons of other things i want to get first.

I often wonder how much I would have liked the new TF designs (Armada, Energon) when I was a kid. Back then my favorite TFs by far were the first few that looked like real world vehicles and things. Once the more cartoony and obscure toys started coming out my interest waned a bit. I know that by the time the headmasters and targetmasters came out I was pretty much done with Transformers.

That said, I just caved and ordered a Vector Prime. After looking at Remy's photo-shoot and seeing all the sculpted detail I couldn't resist.

I love how this guy looks like a cross between an old knight and some ancient cybertronian sage. I will admit though that his alt mode leaves a bit to be desired.

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act294/

check out all those gears..

vectorprime32.jpg

holy hell... what is that glorious tranny?

Just got word that Dreamwave is going out of business. You may know them as the publisher of the Transformers Comics.

The news came from Newsarama, a comic news site.

From www.bwtf.com

1/4/04: Dreamwave Productions "Official Announcement"

BWTF has been sent the following press release. However, it was sent from an AOL account and not signed by anyone in particular, so take it with a grain of salt until further confirmation arises:

Toronto, Ontario – January 4, 2005 - Dreamwave Productions announced today that after eight years in the comics industry, four of which they were self-published, they will be ceasing operations.

Established in 1996 by brothers Pat and Roger Lee, Dreamwave infused a stagnant comic book market with art and design that effortlessly combined the then dominant “American” art style with the newly emerging Japanese “Manga” art style. Since then, the company had grown to become one of the comic book industry’s premiere publishers, producing a variety of original titles.

In 2002, Dreamwave firmly established itself in the comic industry as a force to be reckoned with when it launched an all-new Transformers comic’s line. The return of the 80’s icons shattered industry sales records, skyrocketing the book to the number one sales slot for an impressive six months. The Toronto-based company’s other successful licenses included Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Duel Masters from Japan, as well as properties like Devil May Cry and Mega Man from video game giant Capcom Entertainment.

President of Dreamwave Productions, Pat Lee stated “there are a number of reasons for my decision to close Dreamwave”, citing that “the shrinking comic book market combined with a weak U.S. dollar and unsustainable monetary commitments has finally proven to be too financially taxing.”

As the only Canadian independent comics publisher, Dreamwave Productions has struggled in recent years to maintain its status within a relentlessly shrinking comic book market. Unfortunately, consistently diminishing sales totals over the last several years have taken their toll on the small publisher and made it impossible to continue.

The specific details for closure have not yet been released but Lee assures both fans and clients alike that “although this is the end of Dreamwave as a comics publisher, I will still be penciling a number of new exciting projects in conjunction with other studios in the upcoming years.”