Every Macross fan's collection

rewooh

What do you think?

It seems like everyone's main obsession is the 1/48's.

BUt i think everyone should have something from every scale.

I'm a person who buys the rare stuff that are hard to get.

I was originally planning to get all the 1/55's but I don't think i will. too lazy, but i have the M&M, since those were rare. And the Low Viz was the first 1/48 i bought because I knew it was gonna be hard to find later.

and for 1/60, i think i'm just gonna get the GBP armour when it comes out.

i'm not a fan of the toynami valks, but i'd lke one, so i'm gonna get the archer veritech, just cuz its suppose to be limited production.

I duno, that just me..

Oh and everyone should own a copy of DYRL.

I think everyone should have the VF-1S 1/48, whether it is Hikaru or Roy....

I didn't much like the Low-Vis, so I knew I wasn't going to buy it... and still have no interest.

I do think that everyone should have a Max and Millia in some scale... I'm waiting on the 1/48s myself.

They should probably also have a FP version for some scale, and a GBP, but I'll likely skip the GBP, unless they just do a knockout job on a 1/48 version. I don't like the GBP in general, and I'm not all that impressed by the 1/60...

So...

VF-1S 1/48, any type.

Fast Pack version, any scale. Pref 1/48 as it comes with Strike and Super....

Max and Milia, any scale.

GBP, any scale.

I think everyone should have the VF-1S 1/48

I respectfully disagree. I don't regret getting my VF-1S 1/48; however, I think that some are going to find it a bit too fragile for their tastes. The detailing is far superior to the 1/55s, but as far as playability/durability, the Yamato 1/48s are not for everyone. I guess the best thing is to get at least one 1/55 and one 1/48, since the urge to buy one of each is simply overwhelming (especially if you're on MW often!). Both are enjoyable in their own way to a collector.

i'm not a fan of the toynami valks, but i'd lke one, so i'm gonna get the archer veritech, just cuz its suppose to be limited production.

All of Toynami's stuff is limited editions. <_<

and all, except for the 1J, still available at RT.com

one "Must Have" for Valk collectors -to me anyway- a 1/55 1S Super

There will be fans who only prefer to own the newest and greatest toys. There are also those who value the nostalgia of the original Takatokus for what they represented - the coolest realistic transforming robot toy made over 20 years ago when Macross first aired. Personally, I treasure my 1/55 VF-1J with GBP-1S above all other Macross toys I own. And until Yamato decides to make an SDF-1, the 1/3000 Taka or Bandai version is still a worthy acquisition.

I think everybody should have a VF-1S in every scale that they ever made! Something like this:

Bandai/Takatoku 1/55

Yamato 1/60

Yamato 1/48

Takatoku 1/100

Banprestos scale?

Bandai Joke Machines

Toynami scale?

Toynami Super posebles (regular version and super version and toyfair exclusive)

If there's anymore, then it should be added to this list. So basically anthing that is a VF-1S Roy should be on this list. :p:D:lol:

well personally,

i really like the sculpt of Yamato.....and this debate over 1/48's and 1/60's is really silly... if you are a real collector... you know that you need to collect everything in whatever scale....

these guys that decide not to buy one valk and choose to get another ...????

to me that means that you have a collection that is clumsy and miss-macthed, and hastly put together....that is really tacky in my opinion. <_<

what i have done is collected both scales 1/60's and 1/48's and i have displayed them in all three modes .... that is wilh fast pack's and non-fast packs.... so it is about six pieces for every valk.

as for the bandi's and the old toka valks, well just look at them.

i didn't like them as a kid...because they didn't look right to me...and now....when you compare them to yamatos they are just laughable.... :blink:

nastalgia is one thing....but man they are just ugly!

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

as for the bandi's and the old toka valks, well just look at them.

i didn't like them as a kid...because they didn't look right to me...and now....when you compare them to yamatos they are just laughable.... :blink:

nastalgia is one thing....but man they are just ugly!

My 1/48 just doesn't seem to "look right" compared to my 1/55s. As a toy, I still favor my 1/55s. *insert crowd gasps here*

What I think any anime fan should have pretty much generally this geeky items that are a necesity to be called a fan.

I surely don't mean "copy" as in boothleg:

1. copy of the original movie and/or series; or both in the best quality possible.

2. copy of the most precious original toy (or the full series of toys) in the series, in any scale ( to your liking). but most likely the biggest scaled one available( if the toy was released in several scales and different years get a vintage one and a modern version).

3. copy of main resource book or reference data published.

4. poster.

5. a model kit originally released.

6 some miselaneous items ( clothing, key chain, plush toy, original comic book, etc)

7- if possible; at least 1 original anime cel

---- ---- ----

As a Macross fan I would not call myself one unless I had these items...

1 macross gold book

2 DYRL movie, dvd

3 my favorite macross series' chapters in dvd (since video is "obsolete")

4 at least 1 toy of each of the main characters vehicle ( only one if there are several variants on the same type), of the best possible and most accurate released type. (In my case one 1/48, one 1/60 and a 1/3000 SDF-1)

5 1 full series of models of any of the scales relased by any company. (1/144)

6 1 full collection series of the more accurate models ever made. (hasegawa, 1 variant of each).

7 released magazine and books for reference (tia books)

8 Macross perfect memory book

9 Kawamory mecha designs book

10 posters; lots

11 at least 1 original anime cels

12 a miscellaneous item ( stuff like key chains and some of the figure collection, sharpeners)

13 since i like macross plus as well I also have several books, dvds, models and the 1/72 club-m collection

14 one of the biggest and best models produced by any company ever of a main vehicle; 1/48 ultimate strike valk; 1/4000 sdf-1

Edited by 007-vf1

What I think any anime fan should have pretty much generally this geeky items that are a necesity to be called a fan.

I surely don't mean "copy" as in boothleg:

1. copy of the original movie and/or series; or both in the best quality possible.

2. copy of the most precious original toy (or the full series of toys) in the series, in any scale ( to your liking). but most likely the biggest scaled one available( if the toy was released in several scales and different years get a vintage one and a modern version).

3. copy of main resource book or reference data published.

4. poster.

5. a model kit originally released.

6 some miselaneous items ( clothing, key chain, plush toy, original comic book, etc)

7- if possible; at least 1 original anime cel

---- ---- ----

As a Macross fan I would not call myself one unless I had these items...

1 macross gold book

2 DYRL movie, dvd

3 my favorite macross series' chapters in dvd (since video is "obsolete")

4 at least 1 toy of each of the main characters vehicle ( only one if there are several variants on the same type), of the best possible and most accurate released type. (In my case one 1/48, one 1/60 and a 1/3000 SDF-1)

5 1 full series of models of any of the scales relased by any company. (1/144)

6 1 full collection series of the more accurate models ever made. (hasegawa, 1 variant of each).

7 released magazine and books for reference (tia books)

8 Macross perfect memory book

9 Kawamory mecha designs book

10 posters; lots

11 at least 1 original anime cels

12 a miscellaneous item ( stuff like key chains and some of the figure collection, sharpeners)

13 since i like macross plus as well I also have several books, dvds, models and the 1/72 club-m collection

14 one of the biggest and best models produced by any company ever of a main vehicle; 1/48 ultimate strike valk; 1/4000 sdf-1

Costs a lot to be a "fan." Anyone know of a Macross country club to join? :rolleyes:

.....and this debate over 1/48's and 1/60's is really silly... if you are a real collector... you know that you need to collect everything in whatever scale....

Totally disagree with that one. I've always considered myself a "Real Collector", and have no desire to get a Toynami Valk or a 1/48 Yamato. I prefer slightly smaller toys for display purposes, so the 1/60s are perfect for me, plus they look a lot better than the 1/48 (IMHO...i know people will disagree). I can't justify paying $125 for a toy that I really don't like the looks of. Not to mention the fact that I already have 2 of every Bandai Valk with FAST packs, and 2 of every Yamato 1/60 that I want (Super 1J, Super MnMs, CF, 1D, Elint, Ostrich). I also have to spread my cash between Valks, TFs, Jumbos, SOCs, and mods for my car.

The last reason I don't want the 1/48s is because I'm basing my collection around setting up a balanced display. One side will have 2 of each of the old toy, the other with 2 of each of the new toy. So 1/55s will balance out the Yam 1/60s, G1 TFs wil balance out the MP Prime and Binaltechs, colored SOCs will balance out b/w SOCs, and the Jumbos will rule over all of them :ph34r: . There's just no room in there for 1/48s.

buget comes in very strongly when we talk about being a collector. there are way too many 'must have' in macross and too many categories to focus on. if someone is really interested in macross, i ask him to start off by watching the tv series and the movie. then a 1/55 because its not only a good toy but also the way it transforms goes along well with what we see on screen (apart from the heatshield and gunpod). to me, that's how a valk functions. then probably i will show him a 1/60 and a 1/48 and let him make his own decision...

Wow, some very interesting responses I have to agree with Graham and cube though I don't believe you need to have a certain "number" of toys/models/books/etc. or even a certain "type" of collectible to be considered a Macross/Robotech fan. Collect what you want as Graham said and I certainly fit in that category, there are some types of mecha that I don't like for example, the yf-21 (I like the vf-22s) I like the yf-19 (I don't like the VF-19s/d) and the 1/48 is a beautiful toy but when I look at a 1/60 it MAY not be as detailed but the 1/60 yammies are still beautiful and definitely resemble what I loved as a kid. Besides they're cheaper and smaller. I'd say get what brings you that nostalgia effect your looking for.

For myself personally....in Robotech the VF-1S was my favorite mecha and getting that item whether it be the 1/60 or 1/48th (I have both) reminds me of what a great anime series and how much I loved the characters Rick/Roy...Roy for being just Roy and Rick for becoming a superb pilot and whisking away Lisa Hayes what a great love story that was!!

In Macross plus Isamu was such a character and the way he flew the craft in the series definitely made me invest in the vf-11b and (I hope we find out soon on this yf-19 fastpack) mecha.

For ME these items make me feel like I'm a fan, and whatever else I collect just adds on to that Macross/Robotech admiration I have.

I've always considered the essential Macross fan to have the following:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross series (preferably on DVD)

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Macross Perfect Memory

Macross Gold Book

Macross The Complete OST

Yamato 1:48 Valkyrie with FAST Packs (and GBP-1 Full Armor when it comes out)

Shoji Kawamori's Macross Design Works

Macross Plus OVA

Macross Plus Movie Edition

Macross Plus OST I, II, For Fans Only, and Cream P.U.F.

You can always have more, but I would consider anyone who has a list similar to this to be a hardcore Macross fan. It's not so much whether you have a bigger collection than the next Mac geek, but more about owning the essential products (especially the original series stuff).

Just buy whatever producs you like.

Graham

What? I just sold a kidney to buy everything on that long list somebody posted, just so I could be a "fan." Now you're saying I can just buy (or not buy) whatever I want. Next you'll be telling people that they can like Macross for whatever reason they choose without being able to logically explain/justify to others why. :o

well, you don't have to buy and collect everything just to be a fan. As long as you enjoy the series/OAV/movie it's good enough. Getting even a single toy of any anime series quailfy being a FAN of that certain series. I mean if you don't like it why buy it.

I consider myself a Macross Fan because I enjoy the series/OAV/Movie, (the story and the Mecha). And I'm willing to buy some of the toy/models to remind me how much I like Macross. Getting more toys/models doesn't make other less of a fan, it just make you more of one.

Oh and having money helps too if not you'll have to make sacrafices like less going out, less vacation trips, cheaper eats, do it yourself car tune ups, etc.

My Macross collection:

DYRL dvd/ Macross plus/Macross series

Yamato 1/60 1 of each

Yamato 1/72 1 of each only fast pack editions.

Yamato 1/48 VF-S Hikaru and Fast pack

Banpresto fastpack ver. 1 of each.

Bandai 1/55 Hikaru fastpack.

Some models here and there

Edited by F360°

some form of the hikaru vf-1j. toy, model, plush beanie baby, it doesn't matter. it's iconic. (of course, i have a vf-1a and a vf-1s but not a vf-1j lol. i'm hoooolding out for a gbp-vf-1j combo personally) i was going to say *any valk* but man - you gotta represent old-school.

some book, any book, involving at least one macross character illustration/sketch/cel and one mecha illustration/sketch/cel. you must hold the book in front of your face and be mesmerized. sometimes moving pictures tax the otaku's imagination.

at least one recording of a macross song. soundtrack, single, album, mp3, doesn't matter. doesn't even have to be minmay (slap self with wet noodle) but it's gotta be macross. nothing brings you back to the macross memories like a song - unlike some other not-to-be-named "mecha" series. but if your one recording is "yellow dancer" singing "to be in love" i pity you.

and you know what? no video game rendition of macross is required. really. =p