Revoltech Everything

Mommar

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

I would probably go for Ashley Barton who was part of the Space Venom BAF wave.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the Marvel Legends Psylocke but that Hasbro retail stuff is not for me. I was really disappointed in the Black Series Darth Revan, even if I'm a big KotoR fan. 

Spider-Bitch?

What were you expecting from Darth Revan?

The look of the video game/anime Psylocke is cool.  I don’t like those noticeable shoulder joints though.  I’ll probably stick to my Hasbro Marvel Legends Uncanny X-Force Psylocke and X-Men Apocalypse wave Psylocke for comic versions.

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

Spider-Bitch?

What were you expecting from Darth Revan?

I didn't expect anything but having the toy in hand it still felt disappointing. Especially the malleable plastic. It felt like bending the plastic and not the joints. 

Thanks for the heads-up, gents.  I would have totally forgot.

I love that she comes with two proper Katana.  I was just reading the first appearance of Omega Red in X-Men #4-7 and Psylocke specifically fights the Hand with dual Katanas.

Still not sure about the hyper-anime face either.  No surprise given Spider-Gwen’s maskless look but I don’t feel it matches the look of the rest of the males, nor does it resemble the Marvel vs. Capcom look so it will stand out on the shelf against the rest of the crew.

Edited by Mommar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 12:12 AM, RED WOLF said:

How do you like these guys? Do you have all four? I really enjoyed this cartoon (2012), but grew up with the 90s cartoon. I prefer this aesthetic. 

I'm a huge fan of Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, despite it being the only iteration of the franchise I find even watchable...

673672156_post-opturtles.thumb.jpg.1359b3608b290da65587f2cf394c5d9f.jpg

...and I'm so glad Revoltech gave these designs the respect they deserve.  ^_^

Note, however, that mine have all had minor surgery, to reduce their awkwardly-high shoulder joints:

847731333_beforeandaftersurgery.thumb.jpg.5335ae19cc5497042130ceda20548c60.jpg

I dremeled out their shoulder sockets and drilled new holes for the Revoltech joints, so they sit at a more natural angle and reflect the CGI bodies more accurately.

panel1.thumb.jpg.7177b16946f8982ae776ec2dd9155423.jpg

The ability to shift the eye positions is a very effective gimmick...

panel2.thumb.jpg.7a6cdfe9dade779c6aa4c1b49132a15f.jpg

...and the alternate heads are lots of fun for posing and photography.  :D

panel3.thumb.jpg.0c45c5c493ce3a22f495b90d6006b610.jpg

On 10/13/2018 at 12:12 AM, RED WOLF said:

I'm thinking about picking all four up. They didnt make a Shredder?

No, just the turtles, unfortunately.  Thankfully, though, they scale well with Playmates' human character figures:

317253972_TMNTvs.Shredder2012.thumb.jpg.eeb7ff98a5afaf6fd4f070f092281715.jpg

...although some of the American figures need a lot of work done to match the accuracy of the Revoltech turtles.

807739810_Aprilfixed.thumb.jpg.3a10a0a89954d31cab630592d12a7eb7.jpg

April required a whole new head!

976856869_Aprilafter.thumb.jpg.81945e9b2671b968c9166afd2d7327b4.jpg

Karai just needed a couple new swivel joints for articulation, and minor repainting.

931297443_TMNTvs.Karai.thumb.jpg.7980fb17e1386d6ce694a0580a95f9db.jpg

They're fun to pose with most MAFEX, S.H. Figuarts, and other Revoltech lines, too.

2115829217_TMNTmashup-Spider-Man.thumb.jpg.33f5bd13938260c56ba29e179abd534e.jpg

1391348034_TMNTmashup-Ranma.thumb.jpg.98e41370028999806350a8c68fd2de81.jpg

usagi.thumb.jpg.8ffa6834899fe7b86d714b076a488441.jpg

If only they'd produced more characters from the show...  :unknw:

Nevertheless, highly recommended figures!  :good:

5 minutes ago, TehPW said:

Is that Akani (from Ranma 1/2) with the hammer?

Yes, S.H. Figuarts Tendo Akane... an expensive piece to acquire on the secondary market.  As was Hibiki Ryoga. :vava:

Thankfully, the Revoltech turtles were re-issued, so they can still be found at reasonable prices...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. That Gambit looks nice. And here I was thinking if I should score the Marvel Select Gambit since there will be an upcoming Marvel Select Rogue figure. Decisions. Decisions. Hope they will complete the X-Men (Capcom stlye look).

Some small images I saw but a little bit clearer.

LM9mlvB.jpg 

b1BQXfA.jpg 

gXITjkC.jpg 

p10cvL8.jpg 

6cKcVqC.jpg 

y1cGi8i.jpg 

I'm sold after seeing only this pic:

9ChDVxA.jpg 

Ok. So questions, guys. I only have the first generation Revoltech figures such as Evangelion and Getter Robots. Not to mention the Fraulein line of Eva girls. How's the quality of today's Revoltech? And how they scaled up with regular figures like Marvel Legends, Figuarts, Figma, etc? And is there a link somewhere that I can see some pics of them together or along with the other figure line I mentioned above for comparison?

Would love to hear your thoughts before I dive into ordering this Gambit. ;)

Thanks in advance!

31 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So questions, guys. I only have the first generation Revoltech figures such as Evangelion and Getter Robots. Not to mention the Fraulein line of Eva girls. How's the quality of today's Revoltech? And how they scaled up with regular figures like Marvel Legends, Figuarts, Figma, etc? And is there a link somewhere that I can see some pics of them together or along with the other figure line I mentioned above for comparison?

Would love to hear your thoughts before I dive into ordering this Gambit. ;)

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know about any quality changes/upgrades since I only own the Marvel line.  They’re roughly six inches and they scale well enough with Legends for now (stylistically they don’t match at all) and they scale well enough with Figuarts Street Fighter figures though Wolverine is about the same height as the average Legends figure and is the same height as other  Revo Marvel figures like Captain america. This Gambit is clearly taller so that might mesn he’s more of a seven inch scale which puts him out of scale with the other Revo Marvel stuff.  We’ll see how Psylocke fits into this when she releases this month.

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don’t know about any quality changes/upgrades since I only own the Marvel line.  They’re roughly six inches and they scale well enough with Legends for now (stylistically they don’t match at all) and they scale well enough with Figuarts Street Fighter figures though Wolverine is about the same height as the average Legends figure and is the same height as other  Revo Marvel figures like Captain america. This Gambit is clearly taller so that might mesn he’s more of a seven inch scale which puts him out of scale with the other Revo Marvel stuff.  We’ll see how Psylocke fits into this when she releases this month.

Thanks Mommar! So it looks like they're probably out of scale with other Marvel figures. And to be honest, even though I know Wolverine is shorter than Gambit, that picture of them together left me an impression that Wolverine is too much out of scale with Gambit. Hope I'm wrong though since I'm considering on getting Wolverine if I decided on preordering Gambit.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I have one critique about accessories for this thing, there isn’t an accessory that actually makes it look like the cards are flying from his hand.

And that's why I wanted to get the Marvel Select Gambit since that one have the accessory that shows he's throwing cards with effects.

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

Close enough.

This Wolverine’s costume looks closer to his Astonishing X-Men look.

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And that's why I wanted to get the Marvel Select Gambit since that one have the accessory that shows he's throwing cards with effects.

Most Marvel Select figures are 7” scale so Marvel Select Gambit will be taller.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Most Marvel Select figures are 7” scale so Marvel Select Gambit will be taller.

I see. And that's my dilemma. I mean, I'm really not planning on collecting the whole team per se. If ever I am then I wanted for them to come out from one series rather than get each character from different series. Yes, I do want to have the X-Men Jim Lee Blue and Gold Team figures as long that it's the same line. But at this point we can't get it from just one line. And even though there's already available Rogue figure from ML 2 years ago, I somehow preferred the upcoming one from Marvel Select. And with that, I'm just thinking should I just get the characters that I like. Then, I will realize that the Cyclops I want is released via ML line and the one from MS is the old costume. So in a way, I won't be able to get the characters I like from a single line. I might preorder Revoltech Gambit in the hopes that there might be a Rogue figure and Cyclops in the future. After all, it reminds me of their design in the Capcom games which I really like since it's a anime version of Jim Lee's design. If not, then I might just get the MS Gambit while it's still cheap and place a preorder for Rogue. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. And that's my dilemma. I mean, I'm really not planning on collecting the whole team per se. If ever I am then I wanted for them to come out from one series rather than get each character from different series. Yes, I do want to have the X-Men Jim Lee Blue and Gold Team figures as long that it's the same line. But at this point we can't get it from just one line. And even though there's already available Rogue figure from ML 2 years ago, I somehow preferred the upcoming one from Marvel Select. And with that, I'm just thinking should I just get the characters that I like. Then, I will realize that the Cyclops I want is released via ML line and the one from MS is the old costume. So in a way, I won't be able to get the characters I like from a single line. I might preorder Revoltech Gambit in the hopes that there might be a Rogue figure and Cyclops in the future. After all, it reminds me of their design in the Capcom games which I really like since it's a anime version of Jim Lee's design. If not, then I might just get the MS Gambit while it's still cheap and place a preorder for Rogue. ^_^

Actually as of the upcoming Hasbro X-Men wave this spring you can have the entire Blue Team.  And there’s only four left of the Gold team too.

39 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Actually as of the upcoming Hasbro X-Men wave this spring you can have the entire Blue Team.  And there’s only four left of the Gold team too.

Oh really? That's good to know then. ^_^ And that's under the Marvel Legends line?

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh really? That's good to know then. ^_^ And that's under the Marvel Legends line?

Yes.  The summer of 2017 they released Rogue and Cyclops, this past summer Wolverine and Psylocke.  This coming spring Gambit, Beast and Jubilee with the addition of Forge from the same comic era will release.  Plus Professor X in his Chair will come sometime in 2019.  Also this past year they released Bishop and Archangel from the Gold Team.  They could easily cap off both teams by end of 2019 or beginning of 2020.

Edited by Mommar

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like Marvel Legends might have what you are looking for.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45491-marvel-legends-and-marvel-universe/?page=5

Edited by sh9000