Mission 21: Yearning Secret  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (A trip down Walkure memory lane)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Pssst. I secretly yearn for something to happen on this show. Like actually showing something important.)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 21 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Pretty much Walkure origin story. The same year Chaos had Thrones it created another idol team. It had five members. Kaname was supposed to be a manager but became a member. 11 year old loner Reina is boxed hacker. Makina was a mechanic who wants to be an idol. Training would've made Colonel Burton proud. One girl quit at the beginning. A year later as they are deployed to quell the Var in the cluster it doesn't out like Jamming Birds. They get named Walkure. It was Makina's idea for the idol thing. Eventually they started having moderate success. Arad met Kaname saving her. He was flying a VF-31 Kairos. On Alfaheim Kaname spots Messer. Messer later joins what would be Delta Platoon. The other girl quits. Later they are joined by Mikumo who didn't join by audition. Singing on their first meeting.

Mikumo releases the team and she talks to them. They are concerned about her well being.

Meanwhile on the Windermere side they make a test on Al Shahal's citizens. Heinz collapses from the strain and the entire population falls on a coma. Keith suspicious interrupts Heinz's doctor treating him. Discovering that Heinz is dying wit the white marks on his body. Roid monologues that the Song of Wind is also a cursed song. Keith confronts him on what is happening.

Post Ed Berger talks with Roid about the mind control. Roid terminates the link after. On the Shrine of Time wondering who Mikumo is. The room lights up and info comes to him from a speck. Revealing some mechanisms and a mural of what looks like a Protoculture idol.

Walkure and Delta Platoon's next mission is on Alfaheim.

Edited by RedWolf

Pretty much Walkure origin story. The same year Chaos had Thrones it created another idol team. It had five members. Kaname was supposed to be a manager but became a member. 11 year old loner Reina is boxed hacker. Makina was a mechanic who wants to be an idol. Training would've made Colonel Burton proud. One girl quit at the beginning. A year later as they are deployed to quell the Var in the cluster it doesn't out like Jamming Birds. They get named Walkure. It was Makina's idea for the idol thing. Eventually they started having moderate success. Arad met Kaname saving her. He was flying a VF-31 Kairos. On Alfaheim Kaname spots Messer. Messer later joins what would be Delta Platoon. The other girl quits. Later they are joined by Mikumo who didn't join by audition. Singing on their first meeting.

Mikumo releases the team and she talks to them. They are concerned about her well being.

Meanwhile on the Windermere side they make a test on Al Shahal's citizens. Heinz collapses from the strain and the entire population falls on a coma. Keith suspicious interrupts Heinz's doctor treating him. Discovering that Heinz is dying wit the white marks on his body. Roid monologues that the Song of Wind is also a cursed song. Keith confronts him on what is happening.

Post Ed Berger talks with Roid about the mind control. Roid terminates the link after. On the Shrine of Time wondering who Mikumo is. The room lights up and info comes to him from a speck. Revealing some mechanisms and a mural of what looks like a Protoculture idol.

Kind of called it with Arad being the pilot of the Kairos, dunno here or in FB. the screenshot of the next episode screenies was heavy.

Alfheim... Messer's home. Combat time. finally

its true then, heinz song is making winderemerean die sooner cause it spread negative fold wave. I wonder when keith will start betraying roid and save heinz

Know what...

Considering Walkure had Jamming Bird level of success at the beginning I think they could've benefited from a mentor like Basara. Unfortunately Basara is the type that usually doesn't teach as seen with the Jamming Birds and Elma. Gamlin had to beg him to train his Sound Force rookies in Macross 7th Chord. That is after he saw potential in them.

Also an entire population in a coma? Better send Basara for that as waking up people up is his specialty.

I am done with this show...

It feels like the story was skipping along and around 4 episodes back it tripped and its slowly falling *episode by episode* on its face.

I liked the backstory we had here but they could of done this AGES ago.
The pacing is absolutely terrible

I am with Alaundro...Two Thumbs Down. This should have happened in the first series and I guess we will get a rapid ending after this slow build up with little resolution.

Edited by Heron

How can you be this far along with maybe 4 eps left and only NOW start giving such info.

Either there will be a second season which i highly doubt or they will wrap things up in a movie.

I care for non of the characters, little to no mecha action and snails pace of a story.

D in Delta stands for disappointment

Quick-viewing (since I have to you know...do real-life things. Like eat). My thumb has moved up 45-degrees from straight down but it's still in negative territory. Three straight episodes of pure info-dumping with next to nil action is not good pacing.

The Messer parts of this episode could have appeared back when Messer was still alive.

Now for spoiler-ish commenting.

-Heinz is dying. FRAKIN called it back when this show started. :rolleyes:

-Keith "I'm not a Stark" Windermere. Why the hell does he now care about Heinz? This whole show, he's had a "I'm just a loyal knight."-attitude. Why does he care now? WHY? This whole show he's been putting up that front and to have it break down now just seems like bad writing. There have been spots in this whole show where he could have played more of the "caring big brother", but not once have we seen it until now. "But he was hiding it." BULL****. They could have given us moments where Keith sneaks in to show he cares for his half-brother. Keith is just a responsible for Heinz's condition as Roid. Ignoring and neglect is just as bad as the actual crime. I'm calling BS on this characterization.

I want to know more about those early Walkure days. Gimme more of that and vf-31A love.

There is no way they can resolve the love triangle as there isn't really a triangle. Its Hayate and Freya.

The lack of screen time for Mirage means we hardly care about her, heck im more invested in knowing what happened to Chucks sister.

Delta is as cookie cutter as it gets, i know the series isnt done but its easily the weakest in the series.

Watching 7 was a dredge at times but the music kept bringing me back, This show... i could care less.

I'm trying really hard to be positive here but this series has taken a nose dive in the second half.

There is so little focus on it's main characters that I do not understand what the writing team wants to do with it. Triangle anyone? Heck, Hayate, Freyja or Mirage getting more than a couple of lines? I don't care about Makina or Keith. They could be props in the story for all I care. The background of Walkure is meaningless at this point. No mecha action, no romance drama to speak off and even the music is meh with the exception of the odd song.

Sorry about the small rant but I expect more of my Macross.

Berger Stone theorizing again...

After studying effects on Al Shahal the citizens brainwaves were networked. Berger asks if a collective hivemind was Roid's goal all along.

Back in Frontier Grace said Macross Galaxy is gong to surpass the Protoculture in something even they could not or dare not do.

Could Roid be another Collective hivemind believer? Is Galaxy planning to hijack Roid's work?

I'm trying really hard to be positive here but this series has taken a nose dive in the second half.

There is so little focus on it's main characters that I do not understand what the writing team wants to do with it. Triangle anyone? Heck, Hayate, Freyja or Mirage getting more than a couple of lines? I don't care about Makina or Keith. They could be props in the story for all I care. The background of Walkure is meaningless at this point. No mecha action, no romance drama to speak off and even the music is meh with the exception of the odd song.

Sorry about the small rant but I expect more of my Macross.

Well...

I have the same felling, right now I almost dropped the series I only come to the forums to read spoilers and see if there is something good in every new chapter but there is nothing good since the chapter 15, this Macross is going really bad and even with a fantastic end this 2nd half is going to be remembered for its slow pace

The thing I can pinpoint is that this show went off the rails right after Messer kicking the bucket. Until then, it still seemed coherent, although there were parts of it like the repeated lazy fighter combats that made me wish they put more effort in. As for the origin of the Walkure... at this point, who cares, or rather, they should just do an origin show for Cassim, Herman, the evil twins, and Bogue the brilliant, and oh, don't forget Ernie and Arad, they need origin stories too. Sorry, it's so hard to keep the sarcasm and disappointment out after this. Feels like one of those alternate universe throwaway gundam shows I'm watching.

Did someone producing this show have Dyslexia? Who the hell arranged these episodes for crying out loud............................

Edited by grigolosi

I'm no fan of Gundam, but at least Gundam usually manages to feature some mecha combat nearly every episode

That is so true, I wonder what is going on with this show, it is like they focus away from selling the kits and the toys and is more song focused, like they are trying to market Walkure the singing group. But the storyline is just so all over the place. Is SK trying mushrooms again?

Why the frakk was 90% of the info dumped in the last 3 episodes not part of Freyja and Hyates welcome to Chaos class!!!!

Part of that wasn't needed at that point yet. BUT...

...Kaname meeting Messer-flashback and the Kaname-Arad flashback should have been done when Messer died with it sprinkled here (the "remember this scene"-type of call back). I'm less interested into that flashback now then when Messer died. That should have been explored much farther back. Not NOW..

All right... sitting down to watch this one now, with every expectation of being disappointed.

So, we start off with some shots of King Ketchup singing his evil song to enslave the minds of everyone on Al Shahal, then he collapses.

Now we have to watch Xaos's staff sit around and talk about it. They can't actually do anything, because Mikumo, Reina, and Kaname are less effective than the Jamming Birds and have been tossed in the clink to boot... and Walkure's two real singers, Mikumo and Freyja, are out of action. Xaos has become The Heroes who don't do Anything. 's it too much to hope they let the useless trio rot in jail for the rest of the series?

Are they categorically forbidden from getting Captain Johnson a chair that fits him anywhere but the bridge and his office?

Reina is a "genius hacker"? I think last episode's epic fail kind of proves the opposite... she was outclassed by an electronic door lock.

So... Walkure was completely useless before Mikumo showed up and took over? Big shocker. At least we got a good shot of a VF-31A kicking ass for a few seconds as compensation for proof positive that Mikumo and Freyja are carrying the group. The VF-31A Kairos is a much better-looking fighter than the VF-31 Siegfried customs too... and I think the uniforms they're shown wearing under their holographic costumes in this look WAY better than the outfits they wear normally in the series.

Once they finish their retrospective with Mikumo's introduction, she shows up in the prison (presumably to spring them)?

Heinz's Song of the Wind is causing his body to start prematurely vitrifying like an old man... so he's dying. Keith is pissed, which feels like inconsistent characterization given that Keith previously was content to use Heinz like a tool regardless of his health.

Then we end on some mysterious Protoculture junk coming out of the song shrine and scaring Roid.

If it weren't for the VF-31A's in this episode, it'd be a complete waste of 22 minutes. Negative vote

This episode would have fit around ep 4 or 5 when Feyja was having jitters. What hard facts we've received about the Var and fold receptors really should have been dropped as a welcome to Walkure brief which would honestly made all the new and unexpected aplications more mysterious because they were breaking the "rules".

All right... sitting down to watch this one now, with every expectation of being disappointed.

They can't actually do anything, because Mikumo, Reina, and Kaname are less effective than the Jamming Birds and have been tossed in the clink to boot...

I think you meant Makina there.

Reina is a "genius hacker"? I think last episode's epic fail kind of proves the opposite... she was outclassed by an electronic door lock.

Genius hacker at 11. She is good but Chaos has better net security else she wouldn't be caught by them.

So... Walkure was completely useless before Mikumo showed up and took over? Big shocker. At least we got a good shot of a VF-31A kicking ass for a few seconds as compensation for proof positive that Mikumo and Freyja are carrying the group. The VF-31A Kairos is a much better-looking fighter than the VF-31 Siegfried customs too... and I think the uniforms they're shown wearing under their holographic costumes in this look WAY better than the outfits they wear normally in the series.

Actually they started to become successful eventually with three singers. Reina seems more like field tech support and didn't join the music party till Mikumo showed up.

Heinz's Song of the Wind is causing his body to start prematurely vitrifying like an old man... so he's dying. Keith is pissed, which feels like inconsistent characterization given that Keith previously was content to use Heinz like a tool regardless of his health.

Well they left the characterization in the Keith manga. He really cared for his little bro. Just that Keith lost perceptive due to his hate of Terrans and NUNS. His attitude is that Windermere wouldn't end up the way it did if it weren't for those damned foreigners. He wants them out of his "Sky" which doesn't include just Windermere but the cluster. He isn't interested in conquering the galaxy as Roid and Gramia wanted. Yeah Roid killed Gramia but it seems galactic conquest was his intention all along. As to him Terrans aren't fit for the Throne. Keith is a racist that wants foreigners off his neighborhood while Roid wants galactic domination.

Then we end on some mysterious Protoculture junk coming out of the song shrine and scaring Roid.

More like he keeps asking who is Mikumo and why can she do what she can do despite having the Wind Singer at their side. The Protoculture system provides the answer showing a mural of the Star Singer.

Well they left the characterization in the Keith manga. He really cared for his little bro. Just that Keith lost perceptive due to his hate of Terrans and NUNS. His attitude is that Windermere wouldn't end up the way it did if it weren't for those damned foreigners. He wants them out of his "Sky" which doesn't include just Windermere but the cluster. He isn't interested in conquering the galaxy as Roid and Gramia wanted. Yeah Roid killed Gramia but it seems galactic conquest was his intention all along. As to him Terrans aren't fit for the Throne. Keith is a racist that wants foreigners off his neighborhood while Roid wants galactic domination.

Yeah. Sorry. But no.

None of that made it to the show. AT. ALL. Therein lies the problem. Gundam actually does this right most of the time by focusing on side-stories while the show is airing. If Keith does care for his half-brother like how they threw that in this week, they have had plenty of opportunities to put them in-show, not just leave them to the manga.

Genius hacker at 11. She is good but Chaos has better net security else she wouldn't be caught by them.

The problem is we've seen Xaos is pretty crap at security too, so the idea that Reina is any kind of "genius" is a joke. This genius hacker and her paramilitary pals couldn't infiltrate a low-security hospital ship, which has kind of put their previous infiltration of Windermere's facility on Voldor into perspective... Roid probably let them in.

Actually they started to become successful eventually with three singers. Reina seems more like field tech support and didn't join the music party till Mikumo showed up.

They're excellent at running away and screaming in terror... the rest, not so much.

That's called bad storytelling, when you leave key aspects of the story out of the actual goddamn series in the hopes of making your audience go out and buy supplemental publications just to know what's going on.

This series has gone sharply downhill since Ep13.