Jump to content

The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Is Mafex is a little bit taller compared to Figuarts, correct?

 

Yup, I think most of their stuff is about a head above Figuarts figures, not much, but kind of noticeable at 6" from what I've seen in most reviews. D Amazing seems to buy just about everything 1/12 or 6", I'd check some of his reviews out, he also always compares Mafex and Figuarts when both take a crack at a character. The guy also gets stuff abnormally quickly, I DHL all my stuff from HLJ now, but he seems to get figures a day or so after their Japanese release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yup, I think most of their stuff is about a head above Figuarts figures, not much, but kind of noticeable at 6" from what I've seen in most reviews. D Amazing seems to buy just about everything 1/12 or 6", I'd check some of his reviews out, he also always compares Mafex and Figuarts when both take a crack at a character. The guy also gets stuff abnormally quickly, I DHL all my stuff from HLJ now, but he seems to get figures a day or so after their Japanese release.

Dude, D Amazing and Boog both get their stuff, like, the next day.  Sometimes they'll have their reviews up before mine has even shipped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, Mommar said:

Dude, D Amazing and Boog both get their stuff, like, the next day.  Sometimes they'll have their reviews up before mine has even shipped.

Is D Amazing in Japan? I always wondered how he get his stuff so fast. My other idea was time travel. :p

I have the Iron Spider and Eva unit 1 on pre-order. Very excited to see Mafex have the Eva license considering Revoltech is really the only company putting out Eva figures. These will be my first Mafex figures, I hope they don't have any issues. I have watch some reviews and it seems there quality have improved with each release. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2018 at 7:32 AM, General Rasp said:

Is D Amazing in Japan? I always wondered how he get his stuff so fast. My other idea was time travel. :p

I have the Iron Spider and Eva unit 1 on pre-order. Very excited to see Mafex have the Eva license considering Revoltech is really the only company putting out Eva figures. These will be my first Mafex figures, I hope they don't have any issues. I have watch some reviews and it seems there quality have improved with each release. 

He lives in New York.  I suspect both D and Boog know some insiders who hook them up early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just received the MAFEX Astro Boy. I really dig him. The design is good, but the scale is screwy in comparison to the others in the line. The odd thing is that there are so many accessory pieces that you could almost make a complete second figure from them. I can honestly say I have never seen a figure of Astro that includes the butt guns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Felix said:

Just received the MAFEX Astro Boy. I really dig him. The design is good, but the scale is screwy in comparison to the others in the line. The odd thing is that there are so many accessory pieces that you could almost make a complete second figure from them. I can honestly say I have never seen a figure of Astro that includes the butt guns. 

I like the Astro Boy figure. Hope they will release Uran or Atlas sometime in the future. But I doubt they do an 80's Atlas since they made Astro Boy so big, I will be happy with the 00's Atlas design.

 

Nice Batcave pic, @tekering. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...