The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread

So I guess any squat/ kneeling poses with Hush would have to be leaning forward (depending on ab crunch).. unless he's squatting on a beam.

• 4 weeks later...

That brown Wolverine looks terrible.  The ears were already too long on the Yellow one even  if it was drawn with some pretty long ones in the comics before but the Brown NEVER had ears that massive.  He's just ill-proportioned.  Those claws are too long for the brown costume too.

Animated Bats is awesome though.

31 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

EDF55AAE-2E2A-482B-844B-E5902EBC4CCC.jpeg.470c84b251ce54b858038c7049a01fab.jpeg

D7EADD4B-DE9F-4C81-9B31-0E99F5B58EC7.jpeg.3b109d9bfd5a88a921a5002e4b43f8d6.jpeg

21B2642D-B6EC-44A6-8A3F-1ACB56F43783.jpeg.f8412c10e2b082fb2e82fdacd9309a7f.jpeg

ADBF4DAD-6669-425A-8A1C-0D23A67F47EC.jpeg.fed8468e4ad89a86b707312ff464241a.jpeg

4DB5037B-F462-44A6-9E60-E1A13E412140.jpeg.0e92f696dd778e8595fdabdfe3f9d0da.jpeg

4F524765-C0EF-45BB-B84B-B60A5EFD2F55.jpeg.06872d8498daae226e71d9f548307732.jpeg

I'm going to pass on it though.

You can find excpetions.  I would point out except for that last card all the rest of that art is janky and TERRIBLE.  Yes, Todd MacFarlane did draw Spiderman #9.  No, it doens't matter if his Spiderman is seminal or that Spawn looks bad-ass, his rendition of Wolverine has always been utter garbage.  Besides, the swoosh on the mask was never really right on the previous figure.

3 hours ago, lechuck said:

That animated Batman looks fantastic, and I really need to pick up the current Wolverine before he goes out of stock.

To be honest, you don't need that Wolverine unless you really want to keep the look of figures consistent and you plan to get Cyclops and Gambit too.

39 minutes ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Awesome Bat figure, too bad I had unpleasant experience with MAFEX Robocop. 

What was wrong with your Robocop figure?  I have most of the most recent Mafex Marvel figures (still waiting on the various Batmans) and except for an arm issue some people had with Wolverine I haven't had any problems.

18 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Dam Batman looks fantastic. Mafex is really stealing money from SHF with these releases

I mean, not really, they're just doing a lot of stuff that Bandai Figuarts isn't doing. Bandai isn't doing comic inspired stuff, and they haven't done anything Batman outside the live action films and that goofy Ninja Batman anime. 

That Batman looks rather skimp on accessories, I wonder if there is more included that isn't shown? Mafex usually includes far more stuff to try to justify that crazy $70+ per figure they charge now. I have the full line of Batman TAS stuff, vehicles and Batcave too, but I'd definitely take a higher quality, better articulated Animated Bats, I just don't do Mafex anymore these days because I've gotten a ton of garbage from them. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering, their stuff doesn't sell out and can be had for retail at release, I'm definitely waiting on reviews from now on before giving Mafex any more money. 

51 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I mean, not really, they're just doing a lot of stuff that Bandai Figuarts isn't doing. Bandai isn't doing comic inspired stuff, and they haven't done anything Batman outside the live action films and that goofy Ninja Batman anime. 

That Batman looks rather skimp on accessories, I wonder if there is more included that isn't shown? Mafex usually includes far more stuff to try to justify that crazy $70+ per figure they charge now. I have the full line of Batman TAS stuff, vehicles and Batcave too, but I'd definitely take a higher quality, better articulated Animated Bats, I just don't do Mafex anymore these days because I've gotten a ton of garbage from them. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering, their stuff doesn't sell out and can be had for retail at release, I'm definitely waiting on reviews from now on before giving Mafex any more money. 

I should have been more specific in the I meant they are stealing money from me buying anything SHF lately. They hold the ball in court when it comes to Dragonball but I feel like lately they haven’t really released anything that has me going “Dam that’s amazing.” I grew up on TAS so I’m just a sucker for premium figures. I don’t own any hasbro figures or DC collectibles cause they all look terrible with the exposed joints to me. This has me excited

43 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I should have been more specific in the I meant they are stealing money from me buying anything SHF lately. They hold the ball in court when it comes to Dragonball but I feel like lately they haven’t really released anything that has me going “Dam that’s amazing.” I grew up on TAS so I’m just a sucker for premium figures. I don’t own any hasbro figures or DC collectibles cause they all look terrible with the exposed joints to me. This has me excited

Understood, and agreed. If you're not into MCU stuff, you're probably not bothering with Figuarts these days, that seems to be the only hero stuff Bandai is into. Mafex is definitely catering to the comic fan market at this point, they do live action and MCU, but they're never in a rush.

That could be why I've had such horrible luck with Mafex, it seems a lot of the comic based stuff is pretty solid, most of their other stuff seems shoddy at best to terrible at worst. Star Wars, Kingsman, AstroBoy, Evangelion, Justice League, Dark Knight, all the figures from those properties I've gotten from Mafex have been mostly terrible, shoddy at best, all regrettable purchases. 

I got the comic colored Spidey after seeing so many positive reviews of the original release, but that figure was terrible too, apparently the original release was much better. I don't know, Mafex is so expensive now, if I want comic based stuff I'll just spend the extra on Mezco One:12 instead.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Understood, and agreed. If you're not into MCU stuff, you're probably not bothering with Figuarts these days, that seems to be the only hero stuff Bandai is into. Mafex is definitely catering to the comic fan market at this point, they do live action and MCU, but they're never in a rush.

That could be why I've had such horrible luck with Mafex, it seems a lot of the comic based stuff is pretty solid, most of their other stuff seems shoddy at best to terrible at worst. Star Wars, Kingsman, AstroBoy, Evangelion, Justice League, Dark Knight, all the figures from those properties I've gotten from Mafex have been mostly terrible, shoddy at best, all regrettable purchases. 

I got the comic colored Spidey after seeing so many positive reviews of the original release, but that figure was terrible too, apparently the original release was much better. I don't know, Mafex is so expensive now, if I want comic based stuff I'll just spend the extra on Mezco One:12 instead.

Mezco is the king of 1/12 line lol. Sorry to hear about spidey though. I know this goes a little against what I said earlier but the SHF advanced suit spider man is great. The only SHF I’d recommend over any other spider man in scale

I agree with the sentiment, the SHF Endgame Iron Spider suit is an incredible figure.  I wouldn't call Mezco king of anything Comic related.  I love their stuff but they aren't accurate comic representations.  Outside of the oddity with Tkings Spidey I don't really know what he's talking about.  I have a first edition and the Comic-style Spidey and they're the two best comic representations of Spider-Man put to plastic yet.

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Outside of the oddity with Tkings Spidey I don't really know what he's talking about.  I have a first edition and the Comic-style Spidey and they're the two best comic representations of Spider-Man put to plastic yet.

It looked great for the most part, I love the sculpt, accessories and articulation, I meant terrible as in QC issues. I had really poorly applied paint in a number of areas, and the legs and ab joints were incredibly loose, I applied some clear nail polish but it only helped a bit. 

I think a lot of Mafex figures look great, I've just had a lot of really bad QC issues across a number of different figures from them. I think their AstroBoy was one of the worst figures I've ever purchased, as far as QC is concerned. I paid a premium for Rogue One Vader after it sold out, once again it looked great, but mine had bad paint on the helmet, loose legs, a broken hand peg, and one of the arms has a thinner peg that made it fall off constantly.

I've been tempted, but I do Mezco for comic stuff, their stuff isn't completely accurate, but I like the stylized classic comic style stuff they do. The Batman revealed above looks great, but I'll definitely wait on reviews, a premium TAS Batman is definitely something I'm interested in.

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

Are you saying you won't get one because of the Robocop?

The issue is that I kept it looked in the box for over 2 months, after that took it out, the knee joint was broken just like that.  I read from the other collectors that they had similar issues with other MAFEX figures.

I can only comment on the five Marvel figures I have, both comic Spider-Men, Venom Cyclops and Wolverine.  I have zero problems with those five (outside of aesthetic choices for Wolverine.)  I've only heard of people complaining Wolverine's arm can come off and that the first Iron Spider Release had brittle joints on the mechanical arms.  None of the other Comic/MCU marvel figures seem to have any problems outside of odd one-offs.  DC may or may not be good, they keep pushing those release dates back.  QC seems to be improving though.

Edited by Mommar

4 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

The issue is that I kept it looked in the box for over 2 months, after that took it out, the knee joint was broken just like that.  I read from the other collectors that they had similar issues with other MAFEX figures.

Every single thing produced by humans has a failure rate. If you are only factoring in what you have seen/had happen to you and not all of them that don't you don't have any data to draw quality conclusions from. People love to whinge on the interwebs. That's generally all the feedback you will get on a product. What you don't get is the other 99.9% which is good feedback.

I get what he’s saying though. Even if everyone else has a great sample, of the one you buy breaks then that’s what you remember. I remember telling a friend about a fast food place that I loved and other people had also enjoyed, but he only thinks of it as the place that gave him food poisoning and will never try it again.

I like that wolverine after seeing more pictures. It really reminds me of the way he apeared in the comics I was reading while growing up. The late 80’s early 90’s brown and yellow was the outfit he had in my introduction to the X Men.