Mission 11: Jellyfish Reminiscences  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Messer <3 Kaname #sadface #theonethatgotaway)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (A trip down memory lane? He's gone. Get over it. #onelastbuzzkill)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 11 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Story chapter again..

Start with funeral...

Messer was hit at chest, instant death and the laser hole remains at his seat....

Windermere's Royal mother ship goes to Al Shahal, if they control all Protoculture ruins, they can mind control the whole area

Remember 16 tribute

Kaname... end with your song again, sad but add more favourite marks to you again

Messer remembrance episode.

Everyone's sad that Messer died especially Kaname. Guess she did love him. She is not the only one as Chuck's sister is crying. The team performs a Ragnan ritual speeding Messer to the afterlife.

The kids sing Remember 16 which is a melancholy song since Macross 7 with a lost teammate. It was Physica back then.

Keith targeted Messer's heart precisely leaving the craft intact. Keith had to restrain himself from shanking Bogue for disrespecting his rival. Keith hates the Protoculture for giving Windermereans short lives.

As of last episode Ernest Johnson realized what Windermere is planning. All the planets with ruins are around Windermere at the center. Taking control of all of them Windermere can control the cluster's inhabitant. To facilitate that they need to invade Al Shahal and Ragna. Gramia launches their trump card. A Protoculture warship fully rebuild by Berger's Epsilon foundation.

Gramia's desperate as the clash between songs has affected Heinz's ability. Mikumo and Freyja is also affected leading them to be benched. This leaves only Kaname, Makina and Reina.

Walkure has intense physical training that would've made Col. Burton proud. Though he may in prison, in a retirement home or dead by now.

Theory: With the purpose of the ruins and warship on Windermere it seems the Windermereans are likely a slave warrior species the Protoculture created like Zentradi. Lifespan being a fail safe. Likely canned before they can be deployed.

Edited by RedWolf

Not seen yet, but posting to report that GG says their Delta fansub will be delayed a day due to travel. There is much weeping for sure.

They didn't show Messer's dead body, he wasn't hit on the head, so there is still a chance of cyborg Messer happening.

Maybe he can come back in the form as Krang in tmnt, or Papa in space patrol lululuko...

JtRRqcS.jpg

Protoculture ship! I wonder what is the size of it.

9hF1WyA.jpg

This is so silly. Looks like stuff from getter robot or mazinger-z.

The ship reminds me of the aesthetics of the enemy ship from Escaflowne, but fused with a macross fleet vessel from General Galaxy.

Edited by SuperHobo

ONE THING. WHY won't they ever show us a battle ending normally? Every time it's just cut right back to the Elysion in the next episode and they're all "You won't believe how we got out of that one!"

That's my exact complaint with the transition from last episode to this. Keith offs Messer, and everyone just goes home???? WTF. The Windermereans deserves to lose the war if they act like that. Hullo, Dumbasses, vulnerable Walkure still there, still out number Delta by 6 to 4; kill them... take them prisoner, but don't just go home. Are you guys just stupid????

Well, the writers need to do a better job on this.

ahhhhh, sooooo much feels for this! <3

& that's how you send someone off... good alcohol & wearing your pimpin' best, i love you, Capt Ernest, & i love the kids & Remember 16 (wished it was more of that, enough of that Giraffe)!!! i'm in the minority here, i'm still pretty blasé about Kaname & my heart goes out to Chuck's sister. yeah, i really hope the action from after the ED continues into the next ep

Everyone's sad that Messer died especially Kaname. Guess she did love him.

May I ask what makes you say Kaname did love Messer in this episode? Not that I think she didn't but there's much debate about her feelings for him was more than just platonic. Since I'm not fluent in Japanese I could only guess from her expressions and actions. From what I can tell she was the only one weeping in Messer's funeral, she was faking that she was fine when Arad asked her how she was feeling, and that she sang the last line of Giraffe Blues which was the most intimate part of the song.

Edited by Windrider

A very good follow up episode to Messer's death. We finally get some big ship action (Macross Elysium will come in handy soon) but music and character was front and centre. I loved Walkure's acapella singing and hearing Remember 16 brought out the Macross 7 feels

Leaving the plane intact? I know who's going to pilot that baby soon

Sitting down to watch this one now...

Well... I feel cheated. Last episode ended in the middle of a battle, and now we're back on Ragna attending Messer's funeral? I know Keith really respected Messer as a rival, but did he honestly have the Windermerean forces pack up and go home after killing the reaper?

After having their resonance with whatever was going on with the Protoculture ruins and Heinz, Freyja and Mikumo are benched? Well... Walkure is useless now. Its only remaining members are the ones who need amplification to have any effect on the enemy.

That is some crazy precision on Keith's part, being able to shoot Messer in the middle of the chest with an air-to-air beam weapon at speed...

If Roid keeps sticking his neck out for Heinz like that in front of the King Gramia and Keith, he's either going to end up a defector or dead. He really does not seem to be at all happy with the king's casual dismissal of Heinz's health problems and Keith's cavalier attitude toward the war with the New UN Government. The hypocrisy of King Gramia professing to want to free the Brisingr cluster from humanity's influence while simultaneously accepting technological aid from human corporations is probably gonna come back to bite him in the arse too... either when Berger and the Epsilon Group betray Windermere for their own ends, or when someone else in Windermere's camp (like Keith) seizes on it as justification to assassinate the king and usurp the throne.

Random thought... in Macross Frontier it was established that most people don't actually need corrective lenses anymore thanks to commonplace ocular correction surgery. Does Roid wear glasses purely as a fashion statement, or did they never share that technology with Windermere?

Hey hey... we got some data on Alpha and Beta platoons! 'lil screen capture and flip horizontal and let's see what we got!

Alpha Platoon

Sara Korat - 2nd Lt. - 21yo

Hadley Fuller - Captain - 31yo

Samuel Murdoch - 1st Lt. - 25yo

Beta Platoon

Hilma Sandra - 1st Lt. - 24yo

Attllio Missillier - 2nd Lt. - too blurry to make out

Kuzma Sirotenko - Captain - 29yo

Oh snap... Windermere wants to use the ruins on the border worlds of the cluster to bring the whole cluster under mind control. So much for liberating it, eh?

My goodness that Protoculture ship looks positively Mardook.

Hrm... Chuck's siblings covering Remember Sixteen. Not bad. Still feels a bit forced though, Messer didn't do much to make himself likable and the show's trying to make it feel like fans did when Roy snuffed it.

... the maintenance team found Messer's flight logbook, and it's full of nothing but nitpicking his fellow pilots to death, just in case we needed to be reminded he was an unlikable prick. "Oh no, he stayed up all night pointing out all of our faults in a report he didn't think we'd ever read! He really cared!" Baloney.

I guess we know next episode's going to be an action episode, what with King Gramia's shiny new (old) Protoculture toy leading an attack on Al Shahal.

They didn't show Messer's dead body, he wasn't hit on the head, so there is still a chance of cyborg Messer happening.

It would not be the first time an ace pilot was killed and didn't die... Critical Path Corporation owner and Latence backer Manfred Brando was killed by the 727th Independent Squadron "Ravens" and survived by pulling a Ghost in the Shell via his implant tech. Pretty sure Messer's deader than dead tho, since he didn't appear to possess any implant tech.

Well... I feel cheated. Last episode ended in the middle of a battle, and now we're back on Ragna attending Messer's funeral? I know Keith really respected Messer as a rival, but did he honestly have the Windermerean forces pack up and go home after killing the reaper?

Amen, my thoughts exactly.

After having their resonance with whatever was going on with the Protoculture ruins and Heinz, Freyja and Mikumo are benched? Well... Walkure is useless now. Its only remaining members are the ones who need amplification to have any effect on the enemy.

Well you pretty much answered your own question. Without Heinz Windermere has no control over Al Shahal forces. The Aerial Knights are few and they took damage.

Heinz singing at a distance at his current condition is going to be a problem so they are bringing him and the Shrine of Time to the ruins themselves.

It would not be the first time an ace pilot was killed and didn't die... Critical Path Corporation owner and Latence backer Manfred Brando was killed by the 727th Independent Squadron "Ravens" and survived by pulling a Ghost in the Shell via his implant tech. Pretty sure Messer's deader than dead tho, since he didn't appear to possess any implant tech.

Curious where was this implied?

Curious where was this implied?

That'd be in the novelization of Macross Frontier, which also ties Manfred Brando and the Critical Path Corporation to the 117th Research Fleet, Macross Galaxy, and Ozma Lee.

Said novelization identifies Manfred Brando, via his company Critical Path, as one of the sponsors who financed Dr. Mao Nome's plan to take the 117th Research Fleet into Vajra territory in pursuit of fold quartz. He was also part of the board of inquiry which oversaw the investigation of the loss of the 117th Research Fleet, during which Ozma Lee assaulted him for being unnecessarily harsh in his debriefing of Ranka. It's said, though his physical body died when his VF-17S was shot down by Aegis Focker, he escaped death by uploading his mind into a computer network and exists as a data entity. (It's also implied that the Jamming Sound System his company developed was the first attempt at weaponizing fold quartz.)

Quick view.

I definitely feel cheated by breaking to the aftermath. So the Aerial Knights just stopped and left? No, "CRAP! Ragna forces have arrived. We're outnumbered! Run!", Just let's cut the the funeral. Boring. Absolutely boring. It was a nice story episode (not so much a character episode and not a action episode) but I kinda wanted some follow through from last week. Not immediately go to the aftermath.

At this point, Windermere needs to suffer some big setbacks. The fights feel really 1-sided. There's no stakes for Windermere. NUNS has lost pilots. Now Delta Squad has lost pilots. When will Windermere feel that pinch now? They started this fight, it's about time they feel the sting of it.

Quick view.

I definitely feel cheated by breaking to the aftermath. So the Aerial Knights just stopped and left? No, "CRAP! Ragna forces have arrived. We're outnumbered! Run!", Just let's cut the the funeral. Boring. Absolutely boring. It was a nice story episode (not so much a character episode and not a action episode) but I kinda wanted some follow through from last week. Not immediately go to the aftermath.

At this point, Windermere needs to suffer some big setbacks. The fights feel really 1-sided. There's no stakes for Windermere. NUNS has lost pilots. Now Delta Squad has lost pilots. When will Windermere feel that pinch now? They started this fight, it's about time they feel the sting of it.

perhaps next hayate or others wont be hesitate at shooting again, we need master hermann killed either by dogfight or by protecting other knight (bogue?) or perhaps one of the twins?

Quick view.

Given the next episode's title is King of Windermere I'd say Gramia is most likely to kick the bucket.

Given the next episode's title is King of Windermere I'd say Gramia is most likely to kick the bucket.

But he's a dead-man-walking. So is Heinz if he continues. We knew that the first time we saw them. That threat is already there.

The next episode is called "King of Wind". I'm gonna wager that refers to Gramia, Heinz, or Hayate (or all 3).