My 2nd Hasegawa kit, the VF-19A!

GunnerX

Hi all again! Man, it's been quite a while since i've posted here! I've been working on the

VF-19A off and on during this time, and it's finally completed! I wanted to do the YF-19, but

since Master Cheng has already built a most excellent one, i've decided to go with the 19A

from VFX-2... :)

Well, here it is!

UPDATE : The build-up process can be seen here : http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=5113

post-3-1073397599_thumb.jpg

Edited by GunnerX

Ditto... I'm working on a YF-19 right now, just very slowly. Hasegawa definitely slicked back the design a little more than the Yamato 1/72 version... a friend of mine commented that the Yamato looked like a a constipated goose compared to this kit. :blink: I can only hope that if Yamato ever releases a 1/48th YF-19 (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease) they base it off of this version... course, the proportions might be tricky to get, but just as long as they don't make the back end as fat as the 1/72 transformable one, I'll be happy.

i'm not really familiar with the VFX 2 game version of the VF-19A... but is the 91 suppose to be the pilot number or did you mix up the 1 and the 9 when you were puting on the decals? i'm just really confused that's all...great work by the way...i have yet to put together my yf-21 kit so i hope to put it together someday and hopefully it'll turn out as well as your kit :D

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

:D

ALL - > Thanks guys! I'll try to take more pix when i get back today, anyone got tips on camera settings when taking pix? A lot of mine came out blurry.... :(

Chronocidal -> Yup! I'm hoping that Yamato makes a YF-19 toy too! A 1/48 one would be HUGE! :)

Dat Pinche Haro! -> Hehe, it's meant to be 91, the decals came that way, although seperate numbers were also given. :) It's probably just his unit number! The decal sheet also had decals for the 1st VFX game, and had markings for the Valhalla III.

Really hope to see all your work soon!

Amazing work !!You really gave the kit a breath of life.

The VF-19A from VFX-2 has very little decals compared with the amazing Hase kit. Only the 91 and the UN kit logo i think.

btw

1. Are there any difference between the VF-19A and YF-19 kits beside the decal sheet ?

2. How much bigger is the VF-19 compared to your VF-1J ?

:) Thanks all!

007-vf1 -> Thanks! You should see the very first models i built wayyyy back! Really bad! :p But an airbrush really makes a difference, practice too!

Angel's Fury -> Master Cheng's YF-19 is what got me started on the Hasegawa kits! Never built them before until recently, all i made before were Gundam kits... ;)

hellohikaru -> Someone asked earlier on in the thread too, does the 91 have any specific meaning? I'm curious myself!

Qs1. i think both kits are identical, except that the VF-19A kit wasn't meant to have a pilot seated, cos the instructions do not show how to paint it + they don't give decals for the pilot! Plus the fact that the Ravens pilots flightsuits and helmets are radically different. I decided to use the VFX1 flightsuit from a uniform scan i found!

Qs2. The VF-19A is way bigger than the VF-1J! Very "Long Necked" and broad! The pix i took don't really show this, but i'll try to take a size comparison later!

Cheers all! :)

Edited by GunnerX