The Third Party Gundam Thread

I just put a deposit on this Vermilion Bird over at ShowZ I really like these 3rd party Gundam Toys after finding them. it would not surprise me if in China or Korea these toys did not have cartoon shows based on them.

This toy looks like a true work of art! really amazing, I just love the whole Dark Phoenix's feel it has.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 165827.png

Screenshot 2023-09-20 165913.png

My Ace Toys Zaku just came in, went with the Shin Matsunaga colourway.

The tampos they used are very weird, phrases like "please get out of here" and "arrow only" are on the legs and other spots.
Just don't get close enough to read them.

The bazooka has a led at the end to light up the effect part included. Not sure what you're supposed to do with the missile pod accessories.
It came without any instructions.

image.png.0b2479cc7fde2a47d5c0a3b192224a98.png

On 9/22/2023 at 6:00 PM, blitz said:

My Ace Toys Zaku just came in, went with the Shin Matsunaga colourway.

The tampos they used are very weird, phrases like "please get out of here" and "arrow only" are on the legs and other spots.
Just don't get close enough to read them.

The bazooka has a led at the end to light up the effect part included. Not sure what you're supposed to do with the missile pod accessories.
It came without any instructions.

image.png.0b2479cc7fde2a47d5c0a3b192224a98.png

Reminds me of the waterslide decals that came with the old soft vinyl mad cat from battletech. It had things like caution decals that said” if you can read this you’re looking too close”

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Looks absolutely stunning!!! Do we already know where can we can pre-order it from?

Various shops around the net...like below...Am not that familiar as i don't usually buy third party...

5 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Friend of mine doing gunpla mentioned abt LED's not listed in the product pages. But from the unboxing LED and motor seems to be included.

So will have to see along the way or release day if the LED's and motors for bazooka included.

Hopefully bandai doesnt get a whiff of this and shut it down before that.

On 1/27/2024 at 10:15 PM, kajnrig said:

Speaking of third-party MG kits, I just learned about this the other day.

"MG" 1/100 Stargazer: https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/mg-glory-1-100-scale-model-kit

406986159_10225453057098757_335819963320

Really digging that one!B)) liking the gold accents too

Sorry if I got this in the wrong thread, but Hobby Lobby has these canvas prints for about $25-30 (full size photo for detail). The print wraps around the edges.  - MT

GundamCanvas.jpg.8c51dbad795fe2c6837907b804939005.jpg

6 hours ago, MechTech said:

Sorry if I got this in the wrong thread, but Hobby Lobby has these canvas prints for about $25-30 (full size photo for detail). The print wraps around the edges.  - MT

It probably is the wrong thread, but I gotta say that that does look really cool 

8 hours ago, MechTech said:

That looks cool. :wub:

About the post, I think it’s fine. It just says Third Party Gundam. As long it’s not officially released by Bandai, then it’s good to post it here, right? Even though this thread started with 1/72 Strike Gundam. We’ve already seen other figures and kits as well. So yeah. :good: 

Thanks guys! Right now it looks cool hanging up in the living room until my wife finds something more "decorative neutral"😁 I got it for my son's room.  - MT

Cabinet could barely contain him and his giant axe...

Spectacular figure Moshowtoys... only gripes were it initially arrived disintegrated, but managed to put humpty dumpty back together. That and one of the pegs going into a scabbard holder broke off in the part. Wrecked everything to get it out.

Submitted a help request at ShowZstore to see if they could replace the two parts.

Think this shelf is done.

20240213_220550.jpg

The reviews on the white Moshow takeda have been less than stellers.  Broken parts , poor fitment and faded shades of white have been the common complaints. I had to super glu some things on mine but  I still dig it. Not as cool as the red one but still worth having

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

The reviews on the white Moshow takeda have been less than stellers.  Broken parts , poor fitment and faded shades of white have been the common complaints. I had to super glu some things on mine but  I still dig it. Not as cool as the red one but still worth having

I must've gotten lucky then. Nothing was outright broken and it all went together well. The rest holds together fine, too... No loose or disintegrating joints. I did have poor fitment with the scabbard holders, but ShowZStore/MoShow are sending me replacement parts.

I also noted some of the gripes, but they're easy to overlook in my case.