Macross Δ (Delta) Mecha/Technology Thread - READ 1st POST

azrael

Lol, for whatever reason I read "Struggle" as "Snuggle". Badass.

That... I think... would be a very different kind of Zentradi revolutionary group if it were named "Snuggle".

Critical Path Corporation is a PMC and weapons manufacturing R&D company that dabbles in the black market in Macross VF-X2. They worked in collusion with the Earth supremacist organization Lactence and sold weapons to the Anti-UN group Black Rainbow.

They developed the Zauberflute a Fold Quartz enhanced comm system and the Sound Jamming System which uses the same technology to affect targeting systems. The Sound Jamming System emits an eerie music. Considering what Berger Stone said about Songs is ironic. Epsilon also installed the Zauberflute on the Sigur Valens.

OK, Zauberflute translates to "Magic Flute", very clever and rather cheeky too... :p

Yes but it would be a very tired and exhausted group also.....too much SNUU-SNUU not enough BOOM-BOOM.......err that doesn't sound right either......

OK, Zauberflute translates to "Magic Flute", very clever and rather cheeky too... :p

All the missions from Macross VF-X2 were named for fairy tales except the last one... and usually the plot of the mission had some special relevance to the title.

As you may expect, the technology first showed up in Mission 3: Die Zauberflote.

I was comparing the stated size of the Elysion with previous Macrosseses, when I started wondering about the Ragna colony ship as well.

Interestingly, if the attack mode is 828m to the tip of the booms, then the Elysion's bridge could almost look eye to eye with the original SDFM.

As for the colony dome, I grabbed the attached shot from the infamous docking scene. Judging by this schematic & the 828m Elysion height, I'd estimate the colony ship is about 1800m long.

At this size, a Guantanamo fits nicely on the front, and the docking port on the front looks more like it would fit that better than anything else.

(null)

post-2681-69833_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

The Seigfrieds are a Kaos custom build of Surya's VF-31A Kairos.

Oh.. I see.

I thought the C/F/E/S is something like "performance-test" while A is the production model, akin to VF-25A vs G/E/S/F.

Because the forward swept wing of the Delta VF-31 J/C/F/S/C is optimized for low speed, high angle of attack atmospheric maneuvering.

That makes sense since they have to provide "Ground-support" for Walkure.

It is interesting to see that while Delta's 31 is low-speed optimized, the rival Draken (with its' delta wing) is high speed oriented.

Another difference between the Kairos and the Seigfrieds might be that the Seigfrieds have the wrist mounted guns. I can't get an image right now but the Kairos seen in episode 6 seem to lack the wrist guns of Delta's Seigfrieds.

Seems to have them here

http%3A%2F%2Fnekome-eye08.com%2Fwp-conte

and here

81278a02bcc7662b69f077cc518c8f48.jpg

Otherwise it would have no forward facing cannons in fighter mode (as the gunpod can't fire in that mode)

Another difference between the Kairos and the Seigfrieds might be that the Seigfrieds have the wrist mounted guns. I can't get an image right now but the Kairos seen in episode 6 seem to lack the wrist guns of Delta's Seigfrieds.

Maybe they just weren't deployed/being used?

Maybe they just weren't deployed/being used?

If I remember the scene correctly they were trying to shoot the Drakens with their heavy beam canons. They probably thought they could snipe but the crazy maneuvers of the Knights threw them off. Now why didn't try to intercept instead of "holding a line" boggles my mind.

I was comparing the stated size of the Elysion with previous Macrosseses, when I started wondering about the Ragna colony ship as well.

Interestingly, if the attack mode is 828m to the tip of the booms, then the Elysion's bridge could almost look eye to eye with the original SDFM.

As for the colony dome, I grabbed the attached shot from the infamous docking scene. Judging by this schematic & the 828m Elysion height, I'd estimate the colony ship is about 1800m long.

At this size, a Guantanamo fits nicely on the front, and the docking port on the front looks more like it would fit that better than anything else.

(null)

Edit:

I've revised my estimate, based on the following height chart from the Chronicle/MW's FB page:

The Elysion is about shoulder height to the original SDF-1, and the Ragna colony ship is about 2km long. Enough to fit a city center in, but not much else. Way smaller than even City 7. You can also get a sense of the smaller size from the ship docks, seen in the following screen grab from Episode 1.

post-2681-0-98556900-1470931145_thumb.jpg

post-2681-0-37387800-1470931158_thumb.jpg

Seems to have them here

and here

Otherwise it would have no forward facing cannons in fighter mode (as the gunpod can't fire in that mode)

They can fire forward, the cannon can extend downward.

Also, Christ I'm going to wind up buying three of these DX's...

Oh.. I see.

I thought the C/F/E/S is something like "performance-test" while A is the production model, akin to VF-25A vs G/E/S/F.

That makes sense since they have to provide "Ground-support" for Walkure.

It is interesting to see that while Delta's 31 is low-speed optimized, the rival Draken (with its' delta wing) is high speed oriented.

Another difference between the 31A and 31C/E/F/J/S's is that Delta Platoon 31's have two "Philosopher Stone" Fold Quartz crystals installed on the upper plate of their chest/upper fuselage that allow the Siegfried to resonate with something producing high enough fold waves unlocking a greater potential than the 31A Kairos.

Oh and the 31A Kairos has larger canards over the 31 Seigfried's to compensate for the Center-of-Lift being more rearward due to its delta wing while the Seigfried has it's CoL more forward due to the FSW's.

Edited by ManhattanProject972

Seems to have them here

and here

IMHO, when the container is stored, gunpod is facing forward, so it can be fired.

When container is flipped upward, the gunpod will be facing backward.

But then opening the container essentially turning the gunpod 180 degree to face forward again.

Somehow I like the design of 31A compared to Kaos 31. If not counting the Var-syndrome, this could be a better machine against Drakken.

While Kaos 31 has drone charger in the container, what is carried in 31A's ? more Micro-missile launcher ?

IMHO, when the container is stored, gunpod is facing forward, so it can be fired.

When container is flipped upward, the gunpod will be facing backward.

But then opening the container essentially turning the gunpod 180 degree to face forward again.

Well, it points forward right into the crotch plate. Mommar notes it can move down to fire, although I'm not sure how.

Another difference between the 31A and 31C/E/F/J/S's is that Delta Platoon 31's have two "Philosopher Stone" Fold Quartz crystals installed on the upper plate of their chest/upper fuselage that allow the Siegfried to resonate with something producing high enough fold waves unlocking a greater potential than the 31A Kairos.

Um... not quite. The "Philosopher's Stone" was the codename for the large, super-high purity fold quartz integrated into the fold wave system of the YF-29. AFAIK, the fold quartz insert panels on the dorsal hull are part of the fold wave projector system instead.

While Kaos 31 has drone charger in the container, what is carried in 31A's ? more Micro-missile launcher ?

Inexplicably, the VF-31As used by Xaos also appear to have a multidrone charger.

Well, it points forward right into the crotch plate. Mommar notes it can move down to fire, although I'm not sure how.

Yes, the beam gun moves down slightly to clear the crotch and extends to open position to fire in fighter mode. I posted screen caps of this previously, I think it was in Messer's death episode thread.

This can be replicated in the Bandai 1/72 model kit.

Um... not quite. The "Philosopher's Stone" was the codename for the large, super-high purity fold quartz integrated into the fold wave system of the YF-29. AFAIK, the fold quartz insert panels on the dorsal hull are part of the fold wave projector system instead.

Ah, duly noted.

I always thought that's just what they called those crystals.

So does that mean a Durandal is more capable in resonating with fold waves than a Seigfried or is it the size and purity that make it potent while the Siegfried and Chronos use a more efficient design without the need for such a large crystal?

Hmm....which might implies that the 31A's calf bays also store multidrone...

Haven't paid attention to whether we have seen the VF-31A's pod open in Gerwalk mode to see if the other half looks like the standard charger pod.

The half of the pod that is not holding the gunpod, could potentially be something else, such as a micro-missile launcher, or a capacitor for energy conversion armour........many possibilities. In which case it could mean the VF-31A's calf bays could hold micro-missiles instead of multi-drones.

Know what we never did get the names of those two emigration ships that appeared in Macross 7 episode 26 Death Battle At Rax.

post-9033-0-90729300-1470993088_thumb.png

post-9033-0-53197200-1470993138_thumb.jpg

It would also establish there are smaller independent ships like Akusho accompanying fleets.

Edited by RedWolf

Yes, the beam gun moves down slightly to clear the crotch and extends to open position to fire in fighter mode. I posted screen caps of this previously, I think it was in Messer's death episode thread.

This can be replicated in the Bandai 1/72 model kit.

Oh awesome, can you tell me which thread? I'd love to see this

Hmm....which might implies that the 31A's calf bays also store multidrone...

Maybe the multidrones were an additional shielding/protective mechanism for the valk itself for general use, before it was re-purposed to protect Walkure... Of course there's no evidence of this, just some goofy personal head-canon to sidestep the battlefield singing silliness on military hardware.

Hmm, can you go over the difference? I find this utterly confusing.

Maybe the multidrones were an additional shielding/protective mechanism for the valk itself for general use, before it was re-purposed to protect Walkure... Of course there's no evidence of this, just some goofy personal head-canon to sidestep the battlefield singing silliness on military hardware.

Hmm I'm sure they could be but VF's general 1st line of defense is speed and maneuverability. I highly doubt the shield drones could keep up in a full speed dog fight.

The shield drones could be to protect civlians if a significant chunk of missions are anty terrorist/ var containment ops. That could be the Sigfrieds nich?

Actually that would be a great case to upgrade the Cheyenne series with shield drones. Most of civilians will be on the ground or in colony ships' cityscapes.

Edited by squaresphere

Actually that would be a great case to upgrade the Cheyenne series with shield drones. Most of civilians will be on the ground or in colony ships' cityscapes.

They could, but the drones are re-charged by the Valks engine output, the Cheyenne doesn't appear to have the same type of power plant.

The leg bays are large enough that the VF-31A could carry a substantial internal missile load in addition to or instead of the missiles in the multipurpose pod.

On a related note, it would be interesting to see how they fly the multidrones back into the leg bays in the field. What's left of them, anyway.

I suspect the VF-31A's have military uses for the extra storage areas. Micro Missiles, Mission Packs and the like. The Siggies can be equipped with Super Packs, so it is fair to expect the Kairos have similar equipment, but for tactical use rather than special fold wave and holo projectors.