Goodbye James Horner. An awesome composer.

It looks like James Horner has died in a plane crash. No absolute confirmation yet but it sounds like it was probably him in the plane.

If so, farewell to a truly iconic soundtrack composer. I have many CD's of his work in my collection......

Very sad....he was/is one of my favorite composers making some of my favorite scores. He did make my all-time favorite score Glory.....which was snubbed a nomination but at least his Feild of Dreams was nominated the same year.....should have been Glory though.

RIP James, thanks for the beautiful music.

Chris

Yeah, his work has been phenomenal. I love his Aliens score and the Trek scores, but he had a lot of some great compositions, even for bad movies or little known films. His score for "Krull" is incredible in spite of the film. And the score for "In The Name of The Rose" is also a notable and haunting piece. I actually just rewatched the old Jack Ryan films and while both the films themselves and the scores are a bit dated, I can't deny I like the music. I've also been enjoying his more recent work as well, including Apocalypto.

It's sad to hear he's gone. A fond farewell to a life-long talent.

As much as his more recent movies are well known, I grew up watching An American Tail, and the first (and only, in my opinion) Land Before Time.. will never forget the songs from those.

Also, Apollo 13 always makes me cry, and I blame him entirely. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal