M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Thanks guys!

I did also try fit the missiles from the VF-171 accessory set but they just didn't look right.. and I can't find where I put the missiles from the YF-19 ffs..

But yeah I'm happy with these! I think the white missiles look better with the orange. I had to glue the bigger missiles mounts on to the wings as they just didn't want to stay on.

The others all fit on quite well but I had to drill out the holes a little with a dremel. 

20170825_150115.jpg

20170825_150242.jpg

10 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Probably with a hair dryer you can gently heat the top part only and once it's hot, you put it back in its place and it would get back to its good original shape. 

ahh! I didn't think of that.. bit late now as its all super glued together! LOL! 

Though I'm still quite happy how it went together! Looks great on display!

On 8/25/2017 at 3:30 AM, Xigfrid said:

Your drone looks deadly spanner :)

One thing about the front top part, normally it should sit just against the black aera, there is a recessed aera where it should go and make the front nose seamless.

A.jpg.679d67cadfb5b29d7318abb30cc03f15.jpg

I can't get that part to stay down either.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Mommar said:

I can't get that part to stay down either.

There might be a small plastic piece stuck in the rectangular connector of the housing. There were some in a few of the recasts that I removed, so I may have forgot that one, but I did test fit parts. If I forgot to remove it, it comes out quite easy with an exacto knife. If it still sits a little high, but is snug and staying on, cover up everything except the housing section, and warm it up with a hair dryer. It'll help it settle. you can use your fingers to manipulate it a bit, but don't do it to forcibly. You don't want to over bend it.

Boiling water will make the resin soft in a split second and will probably overheat it to where it just sags. It's best to cover up the parts you don't want heated, have a bowl of ice water, and a hair dryer. heat what you need to shape (heat it slowly) and adjust with straight things like rulers, popsicle sticks, etc. Then you can plunge it in cold water to cool it. If you're working with Task 2 resin, it takes more heat, but same rules apply.

I got mine last week and opened it this weekend and its bent out of shape in many areas and the paint cracked as well. Those lower wings are bent in a way that they look like the fins on orcas at Seaworld :lol: Any help in this case?

1/60 M+ Drone1/60 M+ Drone1/60 M+ Drone1/60 M+ Drone

Edited by anubis20

Ouch that is really serious bending issues. It looks like it has been stored into an oven... I can't imagine what and where this little drone went through.

You can reshape everything with a hair dryer, use a ruler to straighten flat surfaces and fingers for curves. You will also need a lot of patience to fix things step by step and finally have everything aligned.

Concerning the painting, I have less faith for an easy fix, but perhaps if you put a hot coat (thick layer) of TS-80 over the cracked paint, the solvent will "solder" back the cracked paint. @Jasonc the actual paint is TS-12 then TS-80 coat ?

If the easy fix doesn't work, I guess you can sand the cracked paint, masking the red / black areas then put another coat of TS-12 spray.

it's been extremely hot, so I wonder if during shipping it was left in a really hot area. If you want to try and fix it, the best thing is to follow the same rules for getting it straightened out. If you want to send it back, I can straighten it out and then ship it back. The painting part would just require a bit of sanding on it, then repaint the area by spraying a light coat of the Tamiya Orange TS-12, then follow up by matte coating the entire piece again. Send me a PM if you want to see what we can do.

15 hours ago, claude grant said:

OMG I hope this doesn't happen to my copy!

The wing on yours is quite solid. If it warps, then it was next to a heater. Task resin is good stuff. Any issues, just contact me. I'll be happy to fix it.

19 hours ago, claude grant said:

Thanks for the re-affirmation Jasonc.  Here's to hoping that it gets to me issue free, coz I have no appreciable modeling skills whatsoever lol.

Sometimes I think the same thing of my own skill in doing it. It's all just practice, really. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 9:12 PM, Mommar said:

Any recommendations on a glue to use to fix a broken part?  It took a dive off the shelf tonight and the gun on the front snapped at the grey bit.

You may need to get a resin to get that put back on, if you don't want to take it apart. You can use a product called Pro-create, but I don't know how well it'd work. It's a small piece. I have extra that I can send, but you would need to take it apart. If you do that, you'll definitely need to do some touch up work, but it would be worth it, IMO.

With these small parts, I put the smallest amount possible of superglue on the tip of a toothpick, small enough that it will not reach the edges when the parts are squeezed together. Hold it in place gently without force for a bit, and no one will ever know.

I too had the gun broken this week-end, since it broke just at the root of the sliding rail, there is no way I can drill and glue it back.

I have a WSF replacement part for it so I don't really worry about that but in order to replace the part, I have to open the model and release the black part... that I just glued! Well I will wait until it really bugs me without the gun to repair it ;)

The Mini figures are from an European manufacturer: Preiser, they are from a pack of 6 in 1:72 scale but they are of the same size of Isamu and the real painting job is much better than their picture. https://www.1001modelkits.com/small-scale-soldiers/77161-preiser-pr72409-pilots-and-ground-staff-germ--4041032724096.html

I am waiting for the ground crew from TSM, they look even greater :)