Are you hoping for Arcadia to re-issue the GNU-Dou line of the VF-1?

JET7

since arcadia is pumping up the line .. do you think they will reconsider reviving the 1/100 gnu line? and spicing it up with a super/strike parts clip-on (if possible, heck revoltech does it)

do you think arcadia acquired the mould of this line thru yamato?

net pic (not mine)

post-9152-0-18469500-1392895623_thumb.jpg

Edited by JET7

No to every question. Deriously, GNU's sold so bad most retailers where practically giving them away while Yamato was still in business. As a line they fall into the "failed expearament" catagory and I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Arcadia would ever atempt to revisit something that was so unsucessful.

As has been said, the GNU's were pretty much a disaster, sales-wise. A couple of years back I saw a box of them being sold at 100yen each. Given that Arcadia is just starting out, I very seriously doubt they will touch this line again (there seems to be more money in expensive, limited, 3D printed 'models' from them instead).

I got a whole bunch of these from HLJ fire sales. I like em for what I paid for em. I would not have paid the price they initially came to market with though.

Edited by xrentonx

im sorry if you guys dont like the topic..and urging for its closure

what i mean to say is..if arcadia will reissue this line and selling it cheaper than yamato initially priced.. and..giving it a bump with strike/super packs wouldn't that be great?

its cheap, articulation better than revoltech, paint app better than revoltech.. heck im in.

im after longing for the TV/DYRL Macross line and not any other macross line that followed.

peace

I coulda closed it if I wanted to... ;) I don't see why it can't be discussed.

It wasn't a mediocre line... It was actually great quality. But it wasn't cheap. They price point was pretty high for something that was released at what was at the time a pretty crowded market for Macross toys, especially for a non transforming toy. I'm kind of surprise it wasn't a success since I never seen the VF-1 in person. All I see with the bargain bin prices are the Plus toys.

Yeah, there's no reason to close this thread (unless there's another active GNU Dou thread somewheres). If you don't like em, don't post. Pretty easy concept, eh? ;)

I like the quality on these too and they're fun to pick up cheap and army build. I got a whole bunch on the cheap to customize later if I want to get adventurous.

Edit: ...but yeah, there's no chance they're gonna reissue these @ Arcadia.

Edited by xrentonx

I really want the VF1A CF, but the ebay prices make me go WTF every time I see them.

I have the set of mac plus gnudous, and I like them a lot. Excellent plastic quality, and these guys do not fall apart nearly as often as the revoltechs do. They're also nowhere near as fiddly.

My only complaint besides the price is the weird almost SD-level proportions for some parts, but that's definitely not a dealbreaker.

I have the three M+ Valkyries and I don't really like them. My YF-21 is missing a second yellow coat for the marking on the head cowl so it looks like it has a greenish marking. ^_^

Every time I try to pose the toys I'm disappointed that the range of movement and the joints are that limited. I also question the gimmick that you can interchange the parts of the different Valks. The parts always split apart during handling.

I really like Bandais Robot Damashii toys they are fun to play with. The GNU-DOs not so much.

I won't be opposed to a reboot of the line because implemented correctly they could be great but I just can't see them to that any time soon.

I only have the GNU YF-19 but I was very unimpressed. The poseability wasn't anything special, it didn't look as sharp as Hi-Metal or Yamato, and it was pretty fragile. I packed it away in a box a good while ago since I didn't really feel like putting it up with the VF Hi Metals. For a while I was holding out for a VFHM YF-19, but at this point I may just get a bigger one someday since I like the design enough, like I did with the VE-1.

Have to agree about them falling apart, which is really the biggest downside I think. I think at their original retail price, they're a bit on the ridiculous side, but I got them from HLJ on heavy discount, and I don't regret it. They're not something you'd play with in any case, and all I really wanted was some cheap figures to display on my TV cabinet, which they completely fill the need for. :)

I also got mine from hlj at a discount. So they are ok desk candy for the price I paid. However I'm still disappointed compared to other toy lines that have the same price range and/or design behind them. Mainly talking about Figmas, Robot Damashii, S.H.Figuarts or some of the Transformers stuff.