Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

1 hour ago, MKT said:

It never occured to me before, that the Super Parts only came out with the movie haha.. But you are right, quick online search says the Super Parts only debuted in Wings of Goodbye. Now it makes sense why the v1 VF-27 didn't come Super Parts as it was released before that movie.

Actually the only reason why i noticed that it's because i rewatched Frontier recently and therefore realized that. It does feel a bit weird that all the VFs in the show do have super and armored parts except for this one.

10 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Actually the only reason why i noticed that it's because i rewatched Frontier recently and therefore realized that. It does feel a bit weird that all the VFs in the show do have super and armored parts except for this one.

From my hazy memory, on-screen the VF-27 looked pretty overpowered already in base form. It has 2 extra engines, like the YF-29, and that BFG which goes through everything lol. Perhaps that's why it wasn't given extra packs then.

I always see it surrounded by support drones, which now brings me to wonder why Bandai never released the AIF-9V Ghost, seeing that Bandai was pretty adventurous releasing everything Frontier at that time.

(Pic from Macross Mecha Manual site)

ep25-v9-ghost.jpg.26dfdda9403e298d172d9cd9871666fe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Most are not enthusiastic about its skinny legs, me included. Don't really like looking at it from the front, so I display it almost sideways. At this angle, I imagine it as a robot wearing a long robe - with the hooded headpiece, the stabs on the arms akin to loose hanging sleeves, and continuing on to the hip skirts as the lower part of the robe. Overall, not unlike a Jedi robe.  :p

VF-22MiliaBattroidANRM2-b2vC2_1nt.jpg.5222e6a02e0621d29e2d6e378389a741.jpg

VF-22MiliaBattroidCNRM2-b2vC2_1nt.jpg.a9ba7d90f62924cdabe3b171d8204da6.jpg 

I sometimes fancy the -21/-22 as a gunslinger rocking a duster coat.

I know everyone complains about the skinny legs.  But I’ll take the Yamato’s skinny fighter mode profile, its Gerwalk mode that actually shows the ventral vents, its hip guards (that actually match up with the length of the FP armors), and its non-thicc side profile in battroid mode all day (and twice on Sundays).

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Most are not enthusiastic about its skinny legs, me included. Don't really like looking at it from the front, so I display it almost sideways. At this angle, I imagine it as a robot wearing a long robe - with the hooded headpiece, the stabs on the arms akin to loose hanging sleeves, and continuing on to the hip skirts as the lower part of the robe. Overall, not unlike a Jedi robe.  :p

VF-22MiliaBattroidANRM2-b2vC2_1nt.jpg.5222e6a02e0621d29e2d6e378389a741.jpg

VF-22MiliaBattroidCNRM2-b2vC2_1nt.jpg.a9ba7d90f62924cdabe3b171d8204da6.jpg 

Ohhh don't see too many VF-22s 'round these parts anymore. :good:

11 hours ago, Mog said:

I sometimes fancy the -21/-22 as a gunslinger rocking a duster coat.

I can imagine it too as you described haha..
There are also other valks that don't look too flattering in Battroid, but become acceptable once imagined as something else in selective poses..

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ohhh don't see too many VF-22s 'round these parts anymore. :good:

Actually, the Max & Milia 22s seem rather rare for some reason. I'm thankful Yamato made them because I don't think they appear in any other toy forms or scale. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Old pics reprocessed, so forgive me if they look overdone. But Yammie's VF-22 Fighter proportions just looks perfect in every way. :wub:

VF-22GamlinFighterANRMnt.jpg.63c8cc073d9660d57aa74c7ecd41d091.jpg

VF-22 Gamlin Fighter B NRM2-b2 nt.jpg

Perfect indeed @MKT. Love the shots and filter effects. And most of all how perfect and sleek Yamato's '21/22 Fighters are. :wub: :good: 

18 hours ago, MKT said:

Old pics reprocessed, so forgive me if they look overdone. But Yammie's VF-22 Fighter proportions just looks perfect in every way. :wub:

VF-22 Gamlin Fighter B NRM2-b2 nt.jpg

nice!

Don't have M7 bd, but...

Just add in some extra "ghost" thingies with that and you almost get to mimic the YF-21 movie-snapshot below:

snap-movie.png.b7c167315a974863408be3da3c616cc9.png

Edited by treatment

@no3Ljm @Lolicon @treatment  Thanks guys :hi:

Yammie 21/22 are just so enduring.. I think even if Mr. K takes another shot at them, he won't be changing the proportions much, seeing how little visual differences the newer Arcadia molds have over the Yammies for the other VFs.

7 hours ago, treatment said:

nice!

Don't have M7 bd, but...

Just add in some extra "ghost" thingies with that and you almost get to mimic the YF-21 movie-snapshot below:

snap-movie.png.b7c167315a974863408be3da3c616cc9.png

Perhaps one day I'll pull out the YF-21 instead to do this shot haha.. :good:

7 hours ago, MKT said:

@no3Ljm @Lolicon @treatment  Thanks guys :hi:

Yammie 21/22 are just so enduring.. I think even if Mr. K takes another shot at them, he won't be changing the proportions much, seeing how little visual differences the newer Arcadia molds have over the Yammies for the other VFs.

Perhaps one day I'll pull out the YF-21 instead to do this shot haha.. :good:

You should do a shot with a bunch of Photoshopped Ghosts like @treatment suggested. :lol:

On 2/7/2024 at 6:10 AM, Mog said:

Pac-Man Ghosts?

Boo’s from Super Mario series?

Ghosts from Zero and Frontier?

Starscream’s ghost?

:D

Perhaps all of them in a mash-up lol.

Just only found out, but not surprisingly, these orange Ghosts are actually based on real-life drone the Ryan Firebee.

Since I got the Hikaru ME DX, I no longer needed the first edition. Well, instead of waiting for Bandai to release a VF-1S Max, which I think it won’t happen, why not making one with adhesive vinyl. So, I made one using blue and black vinyl to wrap the heatshield, a couple of skull  stickers emblems and  put panel lines on the valk. Then I  added the mechanical strike parts with some more touches to it. This is the result.

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

IMG_5457.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

2 hours ago, takatoys said:

Since I got the Hikaru ME DX, I no longer needed the first edition. Well, instead of waiting for Bandai to release a VF-1S Max, which I think it won’t happen, why not making one with adhesive vinyl. So, I made one using blue and black vinyl to wrap the heatshield, a couple of skull  stickers emblems and  put panel lines on the valk. Then I  added the mechanical strike parts with some more touches to it. This is the result.

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

IMG_5457.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

10 out of 10. 🤩

3 hours ago, takatoys said:

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

IMG_5457.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

Vinyl? Ok, that is totally dope. What is the lighting effect in the barrels of the strike cannon?

On 2/10/2024 at 11:38 AM, Lolicon said:

Sweet shots! Especially since they hide the unpainted landing gear. 😀

Yeah painted landing gears is such a low hanging fruit but Bandai’s just so adverse to it.

16 hours ago, takatoys said:

IMG_5436.jpeg

Nicely done! :good:
Vinyl wrap is so common on cars yet it’s the first time I see it done on toys, and it works well.

28 minutes ago, MKT said:

Yeah painted landing gears is such a low hanging fruit but Bandai’s just so adverse to it.

Nicely done! :good:
Vinyl wrap is so common on cars yet it’s the first time I see it done on toys, and it works well.

Yeap, it does.

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5423.jpeg