Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Although poor Kakizaki never got to finish his steak, I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and gets to eat as much turkey (or whatever else) you want! 🦃

VF-1AKakizakiDYRL005.jpg.5355550a3a2d1773c583115fc0e40162.jpg

dude that looks so good that it's inspiring:good:Happy Thanksgiving to y'all in the south of the border!!

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Although poor Kakizaki never got to finish his steak, I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and gets to eat as much turkey (or whatever else) you want! 🦃

VF-1AKakizakiDYRL005.jpg.5355550a3a2d1773c583115fc0e40162.jpg

Gorgeous looking Kakizaki 1A! Is that your own custom weathering or is that the super rare Weathered edition? Either way. looks amazing! 

On 11/21/2023 at 3:54 PM, jvmacross said:

cool pic...I have yet to remove mine from it's brown shipper box...TBH, I think I'll just leave it alone

Thanks.  Here it is with the stand edited out.  No awkward leg positioning was done to edit out the stand.

F2052FC7-3730-407B-9CFB-8940848333D4.jpeg.7d8d7681e1c068ff4ee5728a5af7a9aa.jpeg

VF-1AHikaruDYRLCNRMb2-2v3nt.jpg.de672b2b0f624aaa80392a148bcdb8aa.jpg

Outside of the VE-1, this current series of pics is actually my first time fitting a Super / Strike Pack to a regular v2. Was always hesitant to do so, as always thought the packs kinda spoil the base VF-1's sculpt more so when the v2 has such fine panel gaps. But as always & again for Macross toys, I come around to liking something I was hesitant to try before. My only surprise is that the gun drags at the bottom, which looks to be a bit of an oversight given how everything else is well designed.

Coincidentally, came across @Graham's review of the v2 which is a bit of a find by itself lol. The v2 mold is 15 years now, and a venerable piece of work for it to still be getting releases today without needing necessary changes in its lifetime *cough cough KC*. 

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I like that you actually applied the stickers too. :good:

I wished I applied them, but the valk was purchased from a forum member here some years ago, with stickers already done & Shapeways shoulders installed. It's my first v2 with Shapeways and I reckon they were done very well.  

Incidentally, the seller later on revealed here that he was having a terminal illness. He hasn't been online for a while, so he may be in a better place now. 

Other than individual details such as weapons, is the Q-Rhea supposed to be slimmer in sculpt compared to the Q-Rau? Or is it down to the Q-Rhea being a CGI interpretation of the latter, that it is becomes slimmer overall? Personally I do prefer the Q-Rhea's proportions.. :)

RSpiritsVF-25GQ-RheaCNRM2-b2vCnt.jpg.b59199a22826cf5ad0f80d94532831f7.jpg

Q-RheaKlanFlightCNRM2-b2vCv1_1nt.jpg.eb3bb4c9319a6ce7b23a8de339df46d0.jpg

Edited by MKT

34 minutes ago, MKT said:

Other than individual details such as weapons, is the Q-Rhea supposed to be slimmer in sculpt compared to the Q-Rau? Or is it down to the Q-Rhea being a CGI interpretation of the latter, that it is becomes slimmer overall? Personally I do prefer the Q-Rhea's looks.. :)

RSpiritsVF-25GQ-RheaCNRM2-b2vCnt.jpg.b59199a22826cf5ad0f80d94532831f7.jpg

Q-RheaKlanFlightCNRM2-b2vCv1_1nt.jpg.eb3bb4c9319a6ce7b23a8de339df46d0.jpg

Miss these Robot Spirits figures, kinda lol. I remember these were extremely fiddly and the plastic quality wasn't great. Yours still look good. The Q-Rea ones were cool with the opening hatches for the 1/2 pilot and backpack missiles. Great pics as usual.

I'll join in with a pic I posted long, long ago, lol4547569168_fbf0082b9d_o.jpg.c10352a4fdc20d41509b35ada0f68157.jpg

Thanks @m0n5t3r

Agreed the gimmicks are rather fun. Fiddly they are, all down to the rather loose hips that they always want to do the splits. :p But I reckon some Kiki or floor polish would work well there. 

Too bad Bandai didn’t do the green version, although am already satisfied they gave the whole Pixie Squadron.

3 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

Nice to see some love for Klan klan :wub:. Used to have the Megahouse Armored Klan but never got to take her out of the box. now wishing I hadn't sold her :cray:

I have that Armored Klan as well. But due to its size it also just sits in the box on a shelf. Good thing it has a transparent window to peek through every now & then lol.

4 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

20231209_155623.jpg.f6c67984ce55109527990601316d584d.jpg

Rearraged some stuff to make space for the VF-0A and attached the sound booster to the Kai for the very first time :D

Nice lighting, it makes everything look bright & vibrant especially the CM’s figures.
Did u glue Sara & Mao to their base? I could never get them standing straight by themselves for long. Sara will always lean to an extreme angle, & Mao will straight topple over after just a few hours lol.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

I have that Armored Klan as well. But due to its size it also just sits in the box on a shelf. Good thing it has a transparent window to peek through every now & then lol.

Nice lighting, it makes everything look bright & vibrant especially the CM’s figures.
Did u glue Sara & Mao to their base? I could never get them standing straight by themselves for long. Sara will always lean to an extreme angle, & Mao will straight topple over after just a few hours lol.

Yeah, all her assets can be seen though the transparent window. ;)

no glue for the CMs figures. Just the hot water hack and a lot of patience massaging the plastic. I had to redo Sara's and Basara's legs multiple times until they could stay upright without faceplanting after a few days.

38 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Yeah, all her assets can be seen though the transparent window. ;)

no glue for the CMs figures. Just the hot water hack and a lot of patience massaging the plastic. I had to redo Sara's and Basara's legs multiple times until they could stay upright without faceplanting after a few days.

Hats off to your patience with the hot water. :hi:
I always thought the hot water / hair dryer tricks were only temporary & the figure would eventually go back to its original shape.
The results look really good & now I’m wanting to try it.

Pew pew pew! Experimenting with software bokeh effect..

Q-RheaKlanAimA3NRM2v2vC2nt.jpg.70aff24340492295be23f0beff1a50a5.jpg

There was chatter last year that MCU's Ironheart took inspiration from the Q-Rau, and in some ways the resemblances do look like more than a coincidence...

Q-RheaKlanAimCNRM2-b2vC1_1nt.jpg.4df4c4bec02630fddc7512d0397e86eb.jpg

And this concludes the Q-Rhea Klan Klang picture series, she goes back to the glass prison after this. All in, had quite a bit of fun with this figure - the loose hips were a bit of bummer, but the tight feet & great overall articulation more than made up for it.

Q-RheaKlanPilotA2NRM2-b2vCnt.jpg.eb933c48a271e4bdce176d5be0677a07.jpg

Spoiler

Non-bokeh pic:

Q-RheaKlanAimA1NRM2-b2vC1_1nt.jpg.a80f4fe5d274172502a11b29baa6f5ae.jpg

Edited by MKT

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Pew pew pew! Experimenting with software bokeh effect..

Q-RheaKlanAimA3NRM2v2vC2nt.jpg.70aff24340492295be23f0beff1a50a5.jpg

There was chatter last year that MCU's Ironheart took inspiration from the Q-Rau, and in some ways the resemblances do look like more than a coincidence...

Q-RheaKlanAimCNRM2-b2vC1_1nt.jpg.4df4c4bec02630fddc7512d0397e86eb.jpg

And this concludes the Q-Rhea Klan Klang picture series, she goes back to the glass prison after this. All in, had quite a bit of fun with this figure - the loose hips were a bit of bummer, but the tight feet & great overall articulation more than made up for it.

Q-RheaKlanPilotA2NRM2-b2vCnt.jpg.eb933c48a271e4bdce176d5be0677a07.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Non-bokeh pic:

Q-RheaKlanAimA1NRM2-b2vC1_1nt.jpg.a80f4fe5d274172502a11b29baa6f5ae.jpg

Slightly related, but did anyone ever produce a Q-Rau in TV colors?  I know the old Yammy ones were not very popular back in the day.

But you’d think someone would have taken a stab at it. :unknw:

No fancy backgrounds or lighting, was just fiddling with my most recent purchases and came up with something I liked the looks of and thought I'd share here.  Don't think I'll ever be up to the level of some of the talented folks in this thread, but these are fun toys to play with and are really capable of looking awesome in a bunch of neat ways.  Thanks for the inspiration!

20230812_140332.jpg

20230812_140246.jpg

20230812_133551.jpg