Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

On 12/12/2023 at 5:35 AM, Mog said:

Slightly related, but did anyone ever produce a Q-Rau in TV colors?  I know the old Yammy ones were not very popular back in the day.

But you’d think someone would have taken a stab at it. :unknw:

Don't think anyone ever did. Even for the kits, outside of Moscato or resin ones, I think there is only the little 1/44 Bandai ones.

@guyxxed  Hope to see more pics. :good: At end of day it's just everyone having fun with the toys.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Even smaller...

large.20211102_180345.jpg.094d1801a5e5a6

Haha I should have known not to discount these little figures. Having occasionally peeked into the 'Collectors' section, there must be some toy produced of every mecha from the original Macross at a time or other.. :good:

Likely last pic for this year..
I think, from the top view I like the Fighter sculpt of this VF-19 Kai more than Yamato / Arcadia's. Yeah the area between the legs can be a bit gappy, but the shape of the LERX and wing roots are more akin to the YF-19's..

FlowerGirlVF-19KaiNRM2-b2vCedit1_1nt.jpg.484f15de8a5bc13bd611a7e86725bff7.jpg

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice pic! You should watch it though. It’s the best series other than the original…by far. Imo. 

As someone who never watched it until a couple years ago... this take is heavily influenced by nostalgia.

Its not a bad series, but it suffers heavily from things such as repeated plotlines, repeated animation, an amazingly slow start, and tbh a 1dimensional protagonist with no character growth.

The music is good, but suffers from Planet Dance being THE song for many episodes, to the point where I was sick of it by thr time something else came on.

5 hours ago, MKT said:

I think, from the top view I like the Fighter sculpt of this VF-19 Kai more than Yamato / Arcadia's. Yeah the area between the legs can be a bit gappy, but the shape of the LERX and wing roots are more akin to the YF-19's..

Awesome shots with all the different CMs figures. Your pics make them seem like good quality scaled figures. 

As for the shows, I don't think I'll watch M7 ever again... but to be fair, I don't think I'll ever binge watch SDFM again. It has more to do with getting bored with watching dated-looking animation. The only ones I rewatch are DYRL, Mac+ and maybe MacZero.

Edited by m0n5t3r

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

As someone who never watched it until a couple years ago... this take is heavily influenced by nostalgia.

Its not a bad series, but it suffers heavily from things such as repeated plotlines, repeated animation, an amazingly slow start, and tbh a 1dimensional protagonist with no character growth.

The music is good, but suffers from Planet Dance being THE song for many episodes, to the point where I was sick of it by thr time something else came on.

Haha, while I agree with much of this, the same or worse can be said for the other series. I like them all but this one feels the most like a proper SDFM sequel to me, which is the main reason I like it so much. Next is M0, which is a great prequel. The rest of the series just seem to exist with Valks, Singing and the Tri-Theme tying them together. 

Thanks @Slave IV @m0n5t3r. It's fun to think up new ways to present these old figures. 

I'm telling myself to wait for some 'flu' downtime to watch Macross 7 lol, but I have been rather unlucky so far in that aspect. :p
I think it's just the sheer number of episodes that is a bit daunting, and like @Sanity is Optional's experience, so many have mentioned needing to get past the first 1/4 or so episodes before it gets good.

The concept of playing musical instruments while flying valks always sound bonkers to me, but just only couple weeks back I found out that the official line art actually do detail how the instruments interface with the valk to fly. Small mind blown moment there.. 

7 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks @Slave IV @m0n5t3r. It's fun to think up new ways to present these old figures. 

I'm telling myself to wait for some 'flu' downtime to watch Macross 7 lol, but I have been rather unlucky so far in that aspect. :p
I think it's just the sheer number of episodes that is a bit daunting, and like @Sanity is Optional's experience, so many have mentioned needing to get past the first 1/4 or so episodes before it gets good.

The concept of playing musical instruments while flying valks always sound bonkers to me, but just only couple weeks back I found out that the official line art actually do detail how the instruments interface with the valk to fly. Small mind blown moment there.. 

Yeah, there is some silly stuff and filler but even after all the episodes, it leaves you (or me at least) to want more. Plus a lot of the concepts, as crazy as they might be are part of the fun and creativity in anime that you don't get as much of anymore.

On 12/28/2023 at 1:36 AM, MKT said:

Awesome shot!

Regarding M7, I think the worst part is that it's way too long, and as a result suffers from what others have mentioned. If M7 was shorter, say only 26 episodes or even a brisk 13 episodes, it would have been much better paced and received. But they needed to stretch shows to last a year, so we ended up with a series that ran way too long with way too little material.

29 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome shot!

Regarding M7, I think the worst part is that it's way too long, and as a result suffers from what others have mentioned. If M7 was shorter, say only 26 episodes or even a brisk 13 episodes, it would have been much better paced and received. But they needed to stretch shows to last a year, so we ended up with a series that ran way too long with way too little material.

As it's the M7 30th Anniversary next year I guess I gotta get cracking watching it to join in the festivities. And get myself even more hyped up for the HMR Soundforce squad.. but I have big feeling other than VF-19 Kai, the rest is just gonna be vaporware. :ph34r:

On 12/31/2023 at 9:10 PM, MKT said:

Happy 30th Anniversary Macross Plus.

YF-21-19FlightAeditNRM2-b2vC1_1nt.jpg.7dafc8e3a63e133cccba1e9fe41cc567.jpg

YF-21-19FlightBeditNRM2-b2vC2_1nt.jpg.cf99720ceda8d659e49a0773523c854b.jpg

@MKT high-speed run through the Death Star trench.  Great job!

On 12/31/2023 at 11:23 PM, Mog said:

Keeping the Plus theme going:

post-3595-1221967374_thumb.jpg

@Mog I like how you have them displayed.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:57 PM, MKT said:

More Mac Plus..

YF-21-19FlightCedit2NRM2-b2vC2_0nt.jpg.4dbb09fe6b1714ab0004505f1e1c6180.jpg

@MKT another great shot of cruising through the trench. 

Thanks @Saburo:hi:
The resemblance with Death Star trench is coincidental, as I don't really have much background options for pics. But I can perfectly understand why it looks somewhat like the SW trench haha..

16 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks @Saburo:hi:
The resemblance with Death Star trench is coincidental, as I don't really have much background options for pics. But I can perfectly understand why it looks somewhat like the SW trench haha..

It's all good, you are working with what you have and doing a good job, you put a lot of creativity into the shots.  Keep it up! 👍

This is my first VF-27 toy and i have to say i am really impressed. Transformation was pretty smooth and it looks great in all three modes. Only problem, while i was transforming it in battroid one of the screws popped out of place...i looked around but i couldn't  find it the hole from which it was missing😅 I pray God it was a minor one.

20240107_123139.jpg

20240107_122524.jpg

20240107_123829.jpg

20240107_124301.jpg

20240107_135714.jpg

32 minutes ago, Robin-11 said:

This is my first VF-27 toy and i have to say i am really impressed. Transformation was pretty smooth and it looks great in all three modes. Only problem, while i was transforming it in battroid one of the screws popped out of place...i looked around but i couldn't  find it the hole from which it was missing😅 I pray God it was a minor one.

20240107_123139.jpg

20240107_122524.jpg

20240107_123829.jpg

20240107_124301.jpg

20240107_135714.jpg

VF-27 is a fine valk. :good: Most of the time I liked it better without the Super Parts, but only recently I think it looks nicer with it. 

7 minutes ago, MKT said:

VF-27 is a fine valk. :good: Most of the time I liked it better without the Super Parts, but only recently I think it looks nicer with it. 

I see what you are saying. Honestly i haven't decided yet whether i like it more with or without super parts. I think we only see the super parts in the movies right? They never appear in the series from what i remember...

16 minutes ago, Robin-11 said:

I see what you are saying. Honestly i haven't decided yet whether i like it more with or without super parts. I think we only see the super parts in the movies right? They never appear in the series from what i remember...

It never occured to me before, that the Super Parts only came out with the movie haha.. But you are right, quick online search says the Super Parts only debuted in Wings of Goodbye. Now it makes sense why the v1 VF-27 didn't come Super Parts as it was released before that movie.