Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

got this 2 couple days ago

post-30636-0-46788500-1440128208_thumb.jpg Legacy of Revoltech LR-037 "Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance" Evangelion EVA-03

post-30636-0-68424200-1440128213_thumb.jpg Legacy of Revoltech LR-038 "Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance" Evangelion EVA-01 Awake Version

Edited by Mr Bomber

So I just purchased the Luca RVF-171EX last night coming from Japan. I'm a bit nervous on this one I hope I didn't make a bad choice because I paid 180 for it. I looked reviews on the other versions of the 171 and it seems this has issues of parts breaking. I probably should leave it alone in the box but I'm the type of person that wants photos of it. Any idea if they changed the issues on this version? Once I get it in I will post more pics

No way Spanner76 I just bought that last night. I love the RVF Valkyrie

post-30722-0-96806600-1440251084_thumb.jpg

The only 171 that has issues with parts breaking is the CF version. This one, along with the Alto and Maruyama versions, are generally fine.

The only area that you may need to take note of is how to twist the knees back when transforming from battroid to fighter. Chronocidal has mentioned this in several posts in the 171CF thread so it's not hard to miss.

The only 171 that has issues with parts breaking is the CF version. This one, along with the Alto and Maruyama versions, are generally fine.

The only area that you may need to take note of is how to twist the knees back when transforming from battroid to fighter. Chronocidal has mentioned this in several posts in the 171CF thread so it's hard to miss.

Fixed that for you. If it was not hard to miss, it would be easy to miss. Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to make sure people don't get confused. English is hard even for native speakers (spell check and dictionary.com are my best friends, and I can speak English pretty well).

But yeah, I've had my VF-171 alto for over five months now, and I've transformed it probably a dozen times, swooshed it around, handled it, and no signs of cracking in the shoulder triangles, or broken knees, or anything really. Just that it's annoying to transform, and can be a bit of a bother to pose, and has some loose joint issues like the VF-25F Alto I have (I guess I really like Alto... no homo).

Just be careful and take your time with the transformation, and you'll have few issues (just the floppy joints).

Also, the Back panel clips into that neck guard piece at the top, which took me about 3 weeks to figure out. Just angle the tab into the neck panel and then rotate the back panel into place and you'll hear it snap in. You'll know what I'm talking about when you transform it the first time. Incidentally go to anymoon.com and Jenius has posted some really helpful transformation videos there in his toy reviews. Those really helped me out with transforming the toys the first time.

So I just purchased the Luca RVF-171EX last night coming from Japan. I'm a bit nervous on this one I hope I didn't make a bad choice because I paid 180 for it. I looked reviews on the other versions of the 171 and it seems this has issues of parts breaking. I probably should leave it alone in the box but I'm the type of person that wants photos of it. Any idea if they changed the issues on this version? Once I get it in I will post more pics

No way Spanner76 I just bought that last night. I love the RVF Valkyrie

yeah I really do like the RVF versions especially the RVF-25! Im not too worried about breakages as I'll be leaving mine in fighter mode on display next the my CF.

But from what many others say both here and on other websites, they don't seem to suffer as much as the CF version did. But like I said, I won't be transforming it so im not so worried. :)

Picked this little jem up off the For Sale thread. Whyyyy didn't I ever know about this awesome little line of ships from MegaHouse??!! Now I want more!

Congrats derex. Nice Yamato-SenKan you have there. ;)

And did you say 'more'? Here's more from Megahouse Cosmo Fleet: SDF-1 [TV ver]. Bet you already knew that. :lol:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42784

Quick build! MG 1/100 ∀GUNDAM【MOONLIGHT BUTTERFLY Ver.】

Thanks for Boris for the quick JP stock! Quickly built and shot! Enjoy!

http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/08/quick-build-mg-1100-gundammoonlight.html

*snip*

Wow, those wings are really eye-catching, nice build!

Added another robot to my collection!

*terminated*

Awesome T-800! I can't believe how realistic that looks, at first glance that first picture looks like it could be a screen grab from the movie.

Great figures, everyone!

Can I play the Godzilla game? Not a recent purchase, but I did just find him since moving!

*snip*

Awesome shot, those lights are so cool!

This just arrived from Hobby Search! WOOOO!

post-7871-0-05972100-1440559930_thumb.jpg

post-7871-0-91489700-1440559935_thumb.jpg

post-7871-0-49130200-1440559946_thumb.jpg

I've been pining over getting this since I got back from my holiday in Japan. I saw it second hand in Biccamera Kyoto, but since my priority was finding Asuna Knights of Blood figure I didn't get it (only so much space in the luggage).

So happy when I saw it brand new on Hobby Search. I was going to go through Amazon and shipping forward it via Tenso (expensive...). :D

I was tempted to get the Sinon figure from Aquamarine that was released recently due to not being able to find it. Very glad I held out. Thank goodness the AUD didn't crash before I paid. :p

Now waiting for Yuki Zekken to be released in November.

This just arrived from Hobby Search! WOOOO!

attachicon.gifPhoto 26-08-2015 10 06 40 am.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto 26-08-2015 10 16 46 am.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto 26-08-2015 10 16 59 am.jpg

I've been pining over getting this since I got back from my holiday in Japan. I saw it second hand in Biccamera Kyoto, but since my priority was finding Asuna Knights of Blood figure I didn't get it (only so much space in the luggage).

So happy when I saw it brand new on Hobby Search. I was going to go through Amazon and shipping forward it via Tenso (expensive...). :D

I was tempted to get the Sinon figure from Aquamarine that was released recently due to not being able to find it. Very glad I held out. Thank goodness the AUD didn't crash before I paid. :p

Now waiting for Yuki Zekken to be released in November.

I have the very same Sinon figure! She's lovely eh! :wub::D

https://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7151-vf-19p-planet-zola-patrol-color.html

This is where I got mine. No peer pressure... Do it...do it.....do it..

It's on sale!!!

I cannot do that yet. I have other things that must be purchased, like textbooks, and food, and gasoline to get to work. But as soon as I have some spare cash, I shall!

This is the second, or third time you've brought this up. Curious why it bugs you. They are optional. ;)

It's the 2nd :)

It bugs me because of the holes on top the shoulders.

And those speaker pods are one of the defining features of the 19P. I wouldn't really consider it "optional" since there are no variations of the 19P that don't have them (to my knowledge, I may be wrong). So displaying them without it takes away from its identity. The only reason one may consider them as optional is because they're removable in the toy.

I guess the feeling would be similar to someone displaying an Isamu pilot figure riding the VF-4G, or having Ozma's VF-25 wearing Michael's Tornado parts. Yes, the toys allow you to do that but it doesn't look right to me.

Well, that's my OC says anyway. It's a personal thing.

I just wish someone would be proud displaying the 19P the way it's meant to look.