Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I bought this for $95 off Amazon when I saw the news that Warner Bros. cancelled licenses for the General Lee products showing the Confederate Flag. It just arrived today and they are now going for $400 on Amazon. I'm thinking of selling it soon for a profit or keeping it to gain value in my collection.

PLsuJK5.jpg?1

Edited by TangledThorns

Yeah, bought a whole bunch for the different armor sets. :)

This is the first destroid I've purchased. I know it's from the VF-1 era, which is why it feels so small after years of getting larger valkyries. It still looks great though!

My monsterarts loot has finally arrived!

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0994.jpgIMG_0993.jpg

Why is normal King Ghidorah pictured when your box says Mecha King Ghidorah? I sold my normal Ghidorah off a while ago, I was horribly upset with how many QC issues it had, especially for what I paid. I see Mecha King G is still readily available, if he's a solid piece I will probably grab one while he's still available, since I have a literally Ghidorah sized hole in my MonsterArts collection that needs filled.

Why is normal King Ghidorah pictured when your box says Mecha King Ghidorah? I sold my normal Ghidorah off a while ago, I was horribly upset with how many QC issues it had, especially for what I paid. I see Mecha King G is still readily available, if he's a solid piece I will probably grab one while he's still available, since I have a literally Ghidorah sized hole in my MonsterArts collection that needs filled.

I got King Ghidorah and Mecha King Ghidorahs. I just haven't taken them out of their boxes.

Edited by dapro

This is the first destroid I've purchased. I know it's from the VF-1 era, which is why it feels so small after years of getting larger valkyries. It still looks great though!

Yamato destroids are really well sculptured and look great! Wished they had proceeded with the phalanx. Congrats on your purchases!

Finally, my second VF-19 Advanced arrived today from Nippon-Yasan along with some RobotechStore purchases. ;)

IMG_0246_zps7qhy3uxk.jpg

Happy to see that the underbelly plate is not crooked as my first one from HLJ. ^_^
IMG_0248_zpsprm4j2p6.jpg

Hikaru Ichijo Normal Suit from PopBox. Love the face. :wub:
IMG_0242_zps4j4ftw8d.jpg

Hikaru Ichijo Flight Suit. Not too fond on the head on this one but the suit rocks. Esp the helmet. B))
IMG_0241_zpskz13mgop.jpg

I might say, just for the helmet, the 50% OFF on this figures is really really worth it. ;)
IMG_0239_zpseknbkfhd.jpg

I'm planning on buying a second Normal Suit Hikaru so that I could replace the head on the Flight Suit. But when I get back to their site, the Normal Suit is already Sold Out. :rolleyes:

no3ljm, I got my Hikaru Flight Suit a few days ago too. Yeah, it looks great. But some stuff about it just infuriates me, like the visor popping off frequently, the belt was all greasy and just won't stay on, and the wrists are super flimsy and can't hold the helmet the way I want... I was able to remedy some things with a bit of sticky putty and I will test if the nail polish trick works for the wrists.

Finally, my second VF-19 Advanced arrived today from Nippon-Yasan along with some RobotechStore purchases. ;)

IMG_0246_zps7qhy3uxk.jpg

Happy to see that the underbelly plate is not crooked as my first one from HLJ. ^_^

IMG_0248_zpsprm4j2p6.jpg

Hikaru Ichijo Normal Suit from PopBox. Love the face. :wub:

IMG_0242_zps4j4ftw8d.jpg

Hikaru Ichijo Flight Suit. Not too fond on the head on this one but the suit rocks. Esp the helmet. B))

IMG_0241_zpskz13mgop.jpg

I might say, just for the helmet, the 50% OFF on this figures is really really worth it. ;)

IMG_0239_zpseknbkfhd.jpg

I'm planning on buying a second Normal Suit Hikaru so that I could replace the head on the Flight Suit. But when I get back to their site, the Normal Suit is already Sold Out. :rolleyes:

wow those hikaru ichijo figures are great, where i can get them?

Got this today

Saint Seiya Myth Cloth EX Geminis Kanon

Bandai D Arts Megaman X Ultimate Armor

post-30636-0-46741600-1435916185_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-55939600-1435916189_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Bomber

Caved in and got my 2nd 29. Love this paint scheme...with one minor nitpick of the black plastic swing arm going through the white skull. Gonna have to attempt a paint fix for that at some point. The more I look at the 29, the more I begin to think it's my new favorite fighter mode...so sexy.

post-11393-0-24679700-1435933664_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-13618100-1435933692_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-97402400-1435933709_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-71782500-1435933724_thumb.jpg

Those look interesting, no3l! Tempting...

Thanks abbadon. Yeah, better get one while it's still available. ;) The normal suit is already sold out. And for the half-price, it's great.

no3ljm, I got my Hikaru Flight Suit a few days ago too. Yeah, it looks great. But some stuff about it just infuriates me, like the visor popping off frequently, the belt was all greasy and just won't stay on, and the wrists are super flimsy and can't hold the helmet the way I want... I was able to remedy some things with a bit of sticky putty and I will test if the nail polish trick works for the wrists.

Yup, had that problem too. Visor that keeps on popping out. Belt that's loose. Wrists, not a problem on mine. They're so tight. Already pulled the head from the Normal suit and put it in the Flight suit. Though I need to adjust the neck to sit it properly. Also by pulling the head, i accidentally broke the dog tag that came with it. Hardly noticed that there was a dog tag underneath the fabric collar. Hehehe. Which it's ok since it was hidden under the fabric collar. No regrets. Hehehe. :lol:

wow those hikaru ichijo figures are great, where i can get them?

I got it from the RobotechStore site. http://robotechstore.myshopify.com everything is on discount. grab one now. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Picked up the RX78-02 reissue. I have to say, the quality of this guy is far above the Gundam Freedom, and Unicorn releases I picked up out of the Metal lines.

XZWoztNh.jpg

LTKP2xph.jpg