Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Finally got the TV Super parts! Now I've got all TV add-on for the VF-1. GBP and Super!

I don't get why they made the reaction missiles tips yellow when they are red in the TV series...

WvRHTlql.jpg

7LDGd7zl.jpg

edGjoqFl.jpg

Great shots $60! Are the colors of the those super parts a little image trickery / magic? They look great nonetheless! B))

Those grey parts look phenomenal!!!

They do eh! ^_^

Great shots $60! Are the colors of the those super parts a little image trickery / magic? They look great nonetheless! B))

They do eh! ^_^

Haha, yeah, grey parts brought to you by Photoshop magic. I tend to do that, I find it more appealing. Wish I could do that in real life.

Right now I'm fighting the idea of putting the stickers on the super parts, they look so naked! argggh, are there any alternatives?

Haha, yeah, grey parts brought to you by Photoshop magic. I tend to do that, I find it more appealing. Wish I could do that in real life.

Right now I'm fighting the idea of putting the stickers on the super parts, they look so naked! argggh, are there any alternatives?

Yup, there is. And you're good at it. It's called Photoshopping. :D Hahaha! j/k

Great photos by the way, "$60". ;)

Picked up the RX78-02 reissue. I have to say, the quality of this guy is far above the Gundam Freedom, and Unicorn releases I picked up out of the Metal lines.

XZWoztNh.jpg

LTKP2xph.jpg

Nice RX-78-2, Yeti. ;) Is that the GFF The Origin release?

Shots look great sixtybucks! There are waterslide decals off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-Water-Decal-for-YAMATO-1-60-Macross-Valkyrie-VF-1-action-figure-FREE-SHIP-/261858903569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf801c611

The effect worked great! The grey is a nicer color than what the supers come with!

And yes you definitely need to fit the either the kite or skull squadron logo's on the boosters.. Either would work but I think the kite logo would be better..

The kite is canon for the TV series. Though the irony is that no supers were on Hikaru's 1J in the show. His 1S did, though, and his 1A got it in the movies.

Love the markings on your 1J, by the way. Are those stickers?

Sweet! I'm gonna order one of those and save the stickers.

The effect worked great! The grey is a nicer color than what the supers come with!

And yes you definitely need to fit the either the kite or skull squadron logo's on the boosters.. Either would work but I think the kite logo would be better..

Yes to the kite!

The kite is canon for the TV series. Though the irony is that no supers were on Hikaru's 1J in the show. His 1S did, though, and his 1A got it in the movies.

Love the markings on your 1J, by the way. Are those stickers?

Yep, kite is canon for TV and it should be an "S" really to portray the "Booby Duck". Might get one of those eventually to complete my "Hikaru on duty" collection! Oh and yes, went crazy with the stickers on the "J"... I think I used everything I could, went beyond the manual with extra reference materials.

Oh and thanks no3ljm!

Edited by sixtybucks

Yup, there is. And you're good at it. It's called Photoshopping. :D Hahaha! j/k

Great photos by the way, "$60". ;)

Nice RX-78-2, Yeti. ;) Is that the GFF The Origin release?

Yeah, it is the origin release. It is pretty sweet. Lots of extras.

Finally got the TV Super parts! Now I've got all TV add-on for the VF-1. GBP and Super!

I don't get why they made the reaction missiles tips yellow when they are red in the TV series...

WvRHTlql.jpg

7LDGd7zl.jpg

edGjoqFl.jpg

Nice shots sixty $! Which part of the bay area you in?

Yeah, it is the origin release. It is pretty sweet. Lots of extras.

Cool. Love the RX-78-2 too. To be honest, I was kinda looking forward to get it released via the Metal Build line so that I can have an ultimate RX-78-2 figure. Btw, I also like the RX-78-2 from the Gundam Evolve Ep15. ;)

Redwood City!

What?! You probably live next door. Hahaha! :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

No way! Oh man, thought I was the only cool kid from RWC, all is lost! :p

I spent my early childhood (from age 3-5) in Redwood City! Such a small, small world. San Mateo was where I discovered robo...Macross though! ;)

Hoping like crazy that my VF-19Advance arrives today from HLJ.

If anyone else gets the PAK Boba, be careful with the jetpack pack effects parts. I had a lot of resistance on one side so I stopped trying to push it in, and pulled it back out instead. A section of the peg remained in the jetpack. I contacted HLJ for a replacement, but I am not expecting much.

b8rC4SCl.jpg

Try contacting whoever makes them directly if hlj can't help. I did that with a figma guts as his cape broke and one of his arm joints within like 5 minutes of opening him and they sent me a new arm and a new cape. I was surprised.

If anyone else gets the PAK Boba, be careful with the jetpack pack effects parts. I had a lot of resistance on one side so I stopped trying to push it in, and pulled it back out instead. A section of the peg remained in the jetpack. I contacted HLJ for a replacement, but I am not expecting much.

b8rC4SCl.jpg

Jesus are you serious? I don't want to vent here, but this is too much of a coincidence, my Fett broke in the same spot as yours, plus his left arm is SUPER loose at the shoulder, his cape has bad paint apps all over it, his little head scouter thing on his helmet was broken off in the box, and two of his little belt pouch things are broken off. I already contacted HLJ, but I should have known, I stopped buying Play Arts a while ago, while their prices continue to sky rocket, their s*%# QC is still S%$@, I told myself to never buy another, and yet when the Fett was announced I told myself, just this last one. I'm pretty pissed, hopefully HLJ can help me out, this is rediculous, these licensed figures keep getting more and more expensive, at least his mold is solid, a lot of Play Arts look like garbage in my opinion, especially faces, but Fett looked phenomenal, and he does in person, but damn, step it up Squeenix, this terrible. I've had more breaks in thise line then any other line I've attempted to collect in my life, I'm SERIOSULY glad I didn't order a Vader, who knows what would have been wrong with him.

Well, no hard feelings but I am glad I am not the only one. Hopefully that means we are more likely to be helped.

This is only my second PAK. The Raiden I have is flawless, and for the detail and articulation it is a pretty decent price. I am bummed the piece broke. These aren't cheap figures, but I am not swearing them off yet if they release another one I am interested in.

The only issue with the overall mold I have is Fett's helmet. I would have liked it to flare out at the bottom instead of remain relatively straight. It looks a little off to me that the top of his helmet is wider than the bottom. Didn't notice it so much in pictures. Not a huge deal, just a nitpick.

Fett looks Sick!! Keep us informed on the play arts adapters.

The PAK adapters are good to go. Contemplating making an alternative for the scissor arms, but kind of pointless since they come with those already.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The brownie, on the other hand, no issues.

3U6CaSOh.jpg

drool :wub:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just in from HLJ a few days ago. I've now got all the Hasegawa Mac+ Valks to build. Some day. When I'm old. And retired...

The Bandai VF-19 Advance is everything I hoped it would be and a lot more though. Very happy I managed to snag a preorder months ago.

post-10360-0-30616700-1436482935_thumb.jpg

post-10360-0-58329500-1436482962_thumb.jpg