Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Man...hate* you.

-b.

back at you for not letting me be the hoarder i want to be and getting 3x ozma 29's :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

back at you for not letting me be the hoarder i want to be and getting 3x ozma 29's :D

B))

Although I'm sure you'll find one or two more Ozma 29's before it's all said and done.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm going to try and get 3-4 more yamato vf-1s Roy's. i can't seem to get enough of them

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Took a couple quick pics in the detolf. Man the 1/48's look good in Fighter mode. Excuse the bit of dust. When I sweep every week some flies around :D

g87BnPhl.jpg

xG7BEqtl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

i'm going to try and get 3-4 more yamato vf-1s Roy's. i can't seem to get enough of them

That's an interesting obsession. I'd be partial to the Yamato Max VF-1S, Cannon Fodder VF-1J or TV Max 1A. And since I'm sure you have an extra of at least one of those you should fund your next Roy by selling me one. :ph34r:

**Nice pic Gakken

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's an interesting obsession. I'd be partial to the Yamato Max VF-1S, Cannon Fodder VF-1J or TV Max 1A. And since I'm sure you have an extra of at least one of those you should fund your next Roy by selling me one. :ph34r:

**Nice pic Gakken

-b.

you know i don't have a max vf-1s or dyrl max vf-1a. i only max tv vf-1a and two yamato zentradi suits so i'm looking for another max. i do have two mass vf-1j's... pm what your budget for each of these are and i'll see if i can hunt one down for you if possible. i just saw a max for 17500yen before shipping and proxy but passed.

Angel bird is the best Yamato 1/60 paint job imo. So crisps and cleans with lots of overlapping colors.

i think it's very colorful and definately better than the 1/48 in terms of paint apps and color

you know i don't have a max vf-1s or dyrl max vf-1a. i only max tv vf-1a and two yamato zentradi suits so i'm looking for another max. i do have two mass vf-1j's... pm what your budget for each of these are and i'll see if i can hunt one down for you if possible. i just saw a max for 17500yen before shipping and proxy but passed.

i think it's very colorful and definately better than the 1/48 in terms of paint apps and color

:)

Very cool of you to offer, I was just giving you grief back (29). You seriously don't have to do any research or legwork on my behalf - but I TRULY appreciate the offer.

-b.

Took a couple quick pics in the detolf. Man the 1/48's look good in Fighter mode. Excuse the bit of dust. When I sweep every week some flies around :D

g87BnPhl.jpg

xG7BEqtl.jpg

I always loved this woodland scheme, I know the grey low viz was always the hot ticket but I personally preferred this one. I no longer own any 1/48s, but I'd definitely like to buy a new one just to own at least one, and it would probably be this scheme.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:)

Very cool of you to offer, I was just giving you grief back (29). You seriously don't have to do any research or legwork on my behalf - but I TRULY appreciate the offer.

-b.

np! but if you're serious let me know and i'll pm you any deals that come my way and pass them to you. the vf-1s max was a good deal for 17500yen new. lol

I always loved this woodland scheme, I know the grey low viz was always the hot ticket but I personally preferred this one. I no longer own any 1/48s, but I'd definitely like to buy a new one just to own at least one, and it would probably be this scheme.

that's my thinking.

It'll be a long time before they make a 1/60 camo so I'll role with it.

I think the 1/48's are pretty impressive in fighter.

The 48's failed for me in Fighter mode when you go to attach the Fast Packs, which is my preference for the VF-1, no locking mechanism for the arms was a big fat fail for my playability "wants".

np! but if you're serious let me know and i'll pm you any deals that come my way and pass them to you. the vf-1s max was a good deal for 17500yen new. lol

Don't say anything when I blow up your PM! LOL

-b.

I recently picked up a case-fresh Nosjadeul-Ger toy from the Matchbox Robotech line for just about $28 shipped. This is the latter Harmony Gold edition from the early 90s, prior to the Playmates reissue. I give a bit more credit to these toys, because they were originally designed & tooled-up in Japan. The work reminds me a great deal of Clover's last Aura Battler Dunbine toys (The "SF Fantasy Figure" line), and I suspect these share the same Japanese contractor. Anyways - It's chunky, sturdy, colorful & playtime fun like most of the early Takatoku Macross toys.

gallery_1561_663_69815.jpg

Usually don't have big hauls of stuff, but got all these for for less than $150.

post-582-0-31301200-1400625203_thumb.jpg

Even the regular colored launch arm. Only paid about $60 for it.

Just picked this up off craigslist for 350.00. 1/6 dark knight batmobile tumbler. thing is beautiful. now i have 1989 and tumbler. just need camo tumbler.

Did you pick that up from Rick?

H`````BPlkve wv,Eeweweweewkew vewhwejhewjhew2jk222,62

52`2222222222fvt222222222222222gecxxx 222224g444` [pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp/;.p'[/'[

um... yeah. ok. :unsure:

^Very pretty. If you haven't already track down the GBP-1S armor for it. Or go all out and customize some Fast Packs and yes, I know there are no jungles in space, but they'd look cool and matchy ( :p).

-b.

I'm actually gonna get some stealth packs for it. I think the black will go well :D

The 1/48 armor is just too bulky for me. Not worth it since I won't have him in bat mode. That's the plan anyway haha

Edited by Gakken85

i think i bit off more than i could chew......i've only put together like 10 models in my life.

My Holy Grail of macross toys!

post-623-0-29561400-1400810633_thumb.jpg

Ill have it done in two to three weeks(hopefully)

Edited by Murphy

i think i bit off more than i could chew......i've only put together like 10 models in my life.

It's still awesome that you pulled the trigger! I'd end up leaving it in the box until I could commission one of our talented builder/customizers to assemble.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck!

-b.

attachicon.gifsdf1:2000.JPG

Congrats Murphy, just take your time and it will turn out great! Keep us posted!