Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia tweeted that a commercial sample of the YF-19 will be on display

And that reservations close 11/4

??? you are incorrect with the date... (you were also incorrect with the basara pre-order date)

That 11/4 reservation closing date tweet is from The sofmap akihabara shop. It could be information from Arcardia, but it doesn't say that. It's 'made to order system', so I believe Arcardia is doing multiple pre-order openings by certain volume.

Guest davidwhangchoi

- Arcadia

no. it's not arcadia,

https://twitter.com/sofmap_ams_hby/status/395400698222739456

https://twitter.com/sofmap_ams_hby

this is arcadia:

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?gid=126

So the correct dates are...

there is no cut off date by arcadia yet, the only online shops w/ a deadline are AE and cdjapan, which may give us some indication of when pre-orders end but may just for their shops. (but their dates are very close to one another.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, i apologized once for flaming you bc i want to keep good relations so i'm not going to do it again.

i'm just posting a correction on the thread bc it's not helpful for readers of pre-order deadlines that are not accurate.

(i made that mistake as well and quickly corrected it in the past. thank God is wasn't a short bandai release window when it happened or i would've got flamed)

everyone makes mistakes but it's good for revision to get the correct information in the end. which is the advantage of a community based thread.

fyi:

the pre-order window is not closing 11/4 for the yf-19

Argh! That intake lip still YELLS out at me... damn. (sorry I know we've been over this - but everytime I see a new photo, it just screams at me) It seems like such a glaring error (I guess there aren't that many of us that values the aircraft mode over the battroid one).

Guest davidwhangchoi

I saw this picture from Arcadia on FB, so I was wondering is that the commercial sample?

i believe it's the same old prototype. (gun pod shade and canopy tint give it away)

i think he's going to release photos with the corrections sometime this month November(hopefully), mentioned in his dev diary.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Argh! That intake lip still YELLS out at me... damn. (sorry I know we've been over this - but everytime I see a new photo, it just screams at me) It seems like such a glaring error (I guess there aren't that many of us that values the aircraft mode over the battroid one).

I'm with you on preferring fighter mode. I also understand why it's there, BUT, I don't see why it couldn't have been rounded off instead of a right angled block. Oh well...it is what it is.

Chris

On the older VF-19's, the edge of the intake lip was tapered. Would have been less noticeable on the YF-19 if they did that as well.

Edit: I just went back and examined the lip of the intake and it's not as tapered as I thought it was, but the YF-19's seems noticeably thicker.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

In the last pic posted, it's great to see a UN Spacy kite on the wing

Damn, that's a beautiful fighter mode. And finally, they decided to tampo the flying kite symbol on the sides of the cockpit. Would have bought the thing for that alone, if I could afford it.

I was worried about the kite also, I pre-ordered 2 anyway though, thinking they would fix it sooner or later.

Edited by Loop

Guest davidwhangchoi

And finally, they decided to tampo the flying kite symbol on the sides of the cockpit. Would have bought the thing for that alone, if I could afford it.

I was worried about the kite also, I pre-ordered 2 anyway though, thinking they would fix it sooner or later.

(Oct 30th) when he was discussing he was going into the factory to work on the labels (tampo printing/stickers). one guy said it'll be hard to put on as a sticker because it creases in half sideways. he answered yeah,he'll most likely do it. (kite as tampo)

@ Mrk_arcadia is cheers for good work. Joint Force mark of nose Do you paint? Is sticker? Alignment of the wedges and the positioning is difficult to be a sticker (crying)

@ Tramptoyo we plan to (printed) paint at the moment, but - I do depends on the can at the factory. It is such a feeling.
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hi,

Long time Macross fan, first time poster. I'm in a bit of a personal dilemma.

I've got this baby pre-ordered with HLJ, but they've altered they're payment methods at the start of this month to only use Paypal. To put it bluntly, I don't really trust them to handle my information (which they're asking for a lot) and I'm wondering what is a good alternative? I've been eyeing of Amiami, but I figured I'd ask some experts their opinions.

I usually use EMS to Australia.

Hi,

Long time Macross fan, first time poster. I'm in a bit of a personal dilemma.

I've got this baby pre-ordered with HLJ, but they've altered they're payment methods at the start of this month to only use Paypal. To put it bluntly, I don't really trust them to handle my information (which they're asking for a lot) and I'm wondering what is a good alternative? I've been eyeing of Amiami, but I figured I'd ask some experts their opinions.

I usually use EMS to Australia.

Hey there another aussie :) You dont trust paypal??... I mainly use them as they actually give you buyer protection ... so if anything goes wrong with the purchase you can put up a claim with them so you are more or less protected from scams etc....

Have you look at http://www.anime-export.com/product/16354

they are pretty good but you have to pay up front (which might be good if the Aus$ might drop heaps by then ).... i order a few stuff form amiami as well and they ok ....

Ugh, don't remind me of the dip of the Aussie dollar. Pre-ordered a Rei entry plug. What was going to be $400 including shipping turned into $650 once it arrived. Will look nice in my living room though ^^

Yeah, I just never liked them very much. I did use them a long time ago (back when eBay didn't make it mandatory), but then they went nuts trying to hassle me into tying a bank account into it. Horror stories, including ones from long-term work colleagues, makes it so I'm just not interested in dealing with them. Given my limited activities online, it hasn't hurt me until now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

the tweets are continued asking questions about the paint process by hand and spray.

and Mr.K explains. (little details such as process and procedure are hard to translate more than general subject.)

According to a part, it is a spray about a masked type, and a shoe. (The masking type(tape) is matched to parts)

It is the point of a stencil plate in image, and is a shoe.
It uses together, there is a certain amount of area, and it is a silk print in an even portion.
In the field where an angle and R were attached somewhat, it is tampo printing.
A fine(small) things is hand(brush) painted
Edited by davidwhangchoi