This Month Odd topic : Nose cones

Aegis!

Now , I know this will seem like the stupidest topic of all times but there´s certainly never been anyhting like this ;)

Let´s go straight to the point , we all love a certain valkyrie for many reasons , its design , its appearance , etc... But there´s something that differentiates one valk from another regardless of their origins (VF-1 based or not) , and that´s is their nosecones.

I want to know wich valk´s nosecone you find the best looking one , which one do you find to be the most funcional (aerodynamics , sensors , transformation relevance , weapons , etc...) , please don´t choose based on what VALK you like the most , just focus on the nosecones.

Edit 0: REMBER: THIS ISN´T ABOUT THE VFs , IT´S ABOUT THE NOSECONES!

Edit 1: hehehe ...I forgot to post my own prefered choicce :lol:

Well , I know most people will go with the VF-1 nosecone but fanatism aside I think it looks just too ¨basic¨ , is just too ¨old-school¨ for me , besides protecting the Radar dish and for aerodynamic purposes

it doesn´t seem to have any other function or grace.

The VF-5000 nosecone seems to be very functional and good looking as well but the VF-22 beats the hell out of it , I firstly thought the YF-19´s nosecone was the best but looking closer to the VF-22 nosecone it really seems to be the best designed. the VF-14 nosecones is just weird because of the Head unit inside it but having lasers there is nice.

To me the VF-22 is the best :D

Edited by Aegis!

Aegis, I guess you are having a slow night eh? ;)

Um....I like Ice Cream Cones!

Now about this being a stupid topic............................. :p

But seriously............................well, oh heck I can't be serious.

Favourite nosecones!!!!!!!!! <_< :angry::huh:

Have we sunk so low that this is the best we can come up with! :lol:

I just hope the members over at RT.com don't read this topic, or we'll never live down the shame. B))

Sigh...............goes off to bash head against a brick wall.

Graham

Aegis, I guess you are having a slow night eh? ;)

Um....I like Ice Cream Cones!

Now about this being a stupid topic............................. :p

But seriously............................well, oh heck I can't be serious.

Favourite nosecones!!!!!!!!! <_<:angry::huh:

Have we sunk so low that this is the best we can come up with! :lol:

Sigh...............goes off to bash head against a brick wall.

Graham

Yeah , I know , its lame but at least it´s original unlike the same threads that come up each week ;)

Yeah, I'll give you that, it certainly is um.........................orginal. :p

I know what you mean, sometimes, topics are repeated so frequently that this board seems to be in a permanent state of deja-vu. e.g. 'Who plays with their toys?', 'How old is everybody?', 'What's Yamato going to make next?' type topics.

Graham

i would never have expected to read a topic like this.

Next week: best looking Landing Gear. :p

After that favorite paint scheme.

best stuff eaten by any type of engine? (birds, rocks, trees, Minmei, rubber, etc.)

Had an F-16C taken down during a trip to canada. 88-0357. Taken down by pelicans in the intake and through the canopy glass. Pilot landed in a tree and only bruised his arm.

Back to topic, the VF-22's nosecone is my pick.

Never did much thinking on this particular issue (hehehe), but I'll take a crack at it. The VF-0D nosecone really looks great and I think the YF-19 is probably one of my favorites. I really like the red sections on either side. It just makes the nose look better. Gives it more detail than just the typical bland dome.

I really like the red sections on either side.  It just makes the nose look better.  Gives it more detail than just the typical bland dome.

You mean the 'Hybrid Sensors'.

Graham

That'll be it. I still can't read the japanese diagram text in my Macross books :(

I'd have to say the VF-1 only cuz of the headaches it's caused me while trying to create it in 3D. While I think some of the other valks have just as functional noses, I like the near circular cross section at it's pivot point in battroid (hip) and dual purpose FLIR sensors (leg attach joint) and "old school" head on shot with bubble cockpit canopy. I've probably spent more hours on my nosecone object than any other object in my mesh due to it's complexity of design and importance to the valk appearance as a whole in non-fighter forms. Overall appearance goes to the other valk designs, but on functionality and realistic feasability for transformation I dig the VF-1 more than any other.

I'm going to have to go with:

"What is your favorite SDF-1 room: Bridge, Pin-Point Barrier System Control, Hikaru's Quarters, or Room Where Hikaru's Trashed Fan-Jet is stowed."

That oughta bring about some interest!

H

Yeah, I'll give you that, it certainly is um.........................orginal. :p

I know what you mean, sometimes, topics are repeated so frequently that this board seems to be in a permanent state of deja-vu. e.g. 'Who plays with their toys?', 'How old is everybody?', 'What's Yamato going to make next?' type topics.

Graham

You got that right, Graham! If you've got nothin' else to post, just....................do somethin' else, right?

my favorite nose cone is going to have to be the yf-19. if you look at it head-on,it reminds me of an SR-71 blackbirds. you know,if you stand in front of each plane & look at it from the front. i've always liked the oval look of the 2 planes' noses. gonna have to go with the 19's gunpod too. love the way you can eject the empty ammo clip & load another stored on the back of the shield :ph34r:

I'm going to have to go with:

"What is your favorite SDF-1 room: Bridge, Pin-Point Barrier System Control, Hikaru's Quarters, or Room Where Hikaru's Trashed Fan-Jet is stowed."

That oughta bring about some interest!

H

Ummm...

The chinese restraunt!

FOOD IS GOOD!

Despite (or perhaps because of) living in HK, I don't actually like Chinese food much. I far prefer western style fast food, so I'm going to choose 'Humburger Popo' as my favorite place in SDF-1.

Graham

humburger.jpg

Honestly? I don't either.

I thought Kakizaki got a steak in there anyways right before he died. But I may be remembering a diffrent place.