Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

You could always buy a VF-1A Max and VF-1S Hikaru and switch the heads

Hahaha I agree, i have the DYRL skull squadron. If I want max's or hikaru's 1S, I could just put Focker's 1S head on either. Just need to ignore the yellow arrows on the head.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You could always buy a VF-1A Max and VF-1S Hikaru and switch the heads

haha i saw that in your display case. lol

Heat shield color and number are different though

yep! i think in magnus' display case you can see the blue heatshield.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's gotten pretty easy to replace the broken shoulders at this point though, I think a lot of people aren't so concerned about it.

I've actually gone and replaced one of the old broken shoulders on my TV Hikaru 1J using one of the shoulder joints from one of the unassembled kits I have. Since I probably won't be transforming the kits once I paint them, it'll probably be just fine with one of the broken ones.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

the only value for that set is the tv fast packs which go for about 10000yen. so it's like getting a bonus hikuru 1j for free :)

i cried when i saw that

lol, I knew that as soon as i got my VF-1J they would be showing up on Mandarake. On heck of a deal, I paid more for just the Valk. Go figure, LOL.

The shoulders are bad on those releases. I bet its broken already....

Then they ask 250 a non 30th tv hik.

weirdos.

Ok, Why is it 250??? Is it really worth that much MIB?? To bad I'm not a serious collector, because as soon as I get my 1J, its coming out of its box, lol.

Guest davidwhangchoi

.Then they ask 250 a non 30th tv hik.

weirdos.

lol, I knew that as soon as i got my VF-1J they would be showing up on Mandarake. On heck of a deal, I paid more for just the Valk. Go figure, LOL.

Ok, Why is it 250??? Is it really worth that much MIB?? To bad I'm not a serious collector, because as soon as I get my 1J, its coming out of its box, lol.

let's move that discussion over here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18530&page=22

jvmacross posted it several times: this is thread is for completed sales.

Just a quick note on that price discrepancy on the VF-1J with and without Fast Packs, although both listed on Mandarake they are from (2) different stores, I see a lot of price differences between their locations.

@ David/anyone else, that link is for the Auctions of Great Absurdity thread, here's the one for items not yet sold on Mandarake;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41092

-b.

It's gotten pretty easy to replace the broken shoulders at this point though, I think a lot of people aren't so concerned about it.

I've actually gone and replaced one of the old broken shoulders on my TV Hikaru 1J using one of the shoulder joints from one of the unassembled kits I have. Since I probably won't be transforming the kits once I paint them, it'll probably be just fine with one of the broken ones.

Maybe, but I don't want to be the one to do it for 100+ bucks.

Don't even know why people still worry about the shoulders. I'd buy any 1/60 VF-1 V2 and not think twice about the shoulder issue. It's the easiest fix in the world...unlike certain Bandai releases!

Don't even know why people still worry about the shoulders. I'd buy any 1/60 VF-1 V2 and not think twice about the shoulder issue. It's the easiest fix in the world...unlike certain ANY Bandai releases!

Fixed. ^_^ Bandai needs an award for the most disservice and disdain for their paying customers.

Edited by Chronocidal

Pins just need to be sanded down a little and spare shoulders are Shapeways. My biggest regret is never buying the Super Ostrich when I had the chance...those were the days before the Shapeways fix came around.

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah I don't have a 3D printer.

I'm not that keen on having non-authentic parts on a piece, even if it's an easy fix.

i can understand if you have a piece and you want to fix it.. but it's more trouble than it's worth if you can find the same one that's in better shape.

I'd go track down an unassembled kit then, if they're still around, and just use the parts you need from it. I could be wrong, but I don't think those would be as expensive as the fully assembled releases.

It's just an awful lot to pay for authentic parts.

Fair enough. I'm of the mind that I'd rather enjoy my toys than worry about a tiny part being unauthentic. The Shapeways part is pretty close though so most people shouldn't think twice in my opinion. I do have about 5 of the kits laying around though ;)

There is something to be said that the OCD side of me can't seem to get behind the Shapeways replacement shoulders. Kind of like smacking after market parts on your brand new car.

BUT

If there is a Valk that I really want, and the shoulders are the only issue and I can get them replaced then I'm going to pull the trigger - provided the price is right.

-b.

You know, I'm not sure if any of the broken shoulders I got have actually completely failed. They had clear cracks in them, yes, but nothing ever broke badly enough that it couldn't be glued back together, and hold decently well. I know that's probably not the case for everyone, but even then, I know people came up with some fancy methods to reinforce and fix the stock shoulders, even if they were cracked.

It wouldn't stop me from picking up a good deal, especially for something like an old DYRL or VT/VF-1D, since you can't print the parts in those colors.

I'd probably just print them in grey and call it a day. I'm not a particular man when it comes to these things and to me they'd look just fine ^_^

Edited by xrentonx

was just doing a little browsing through the history of sold items on Mandarake only to find a few things that went for prices that would churn any stomach especially considering what they demand now days..

here's to mention a few.. :(

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-183892.html

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-296660.html

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-982389.html

I could almost cry.. its sad just sad..

Edited by spanner76