!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

Interesting to note HKC has increased prices slightly on several of the Macross items still in stock since I ordered last weekend.

Yeah noticed that myself. About to pull the trigger on what will probably be my final Yamato order, though hoping Arcadia will reissue what I decide to pass on.

ok, I don't know what happen, but I just submitted a bid for a vf-1j max on ebay. Hope someone outbids me! haha

This panic thing might be getting to me....

140 shipped for the set - not super happy with price, but what are ya gonna do in these wild times lol

Wow, really? Maybe I should post mine on ebay too. haha

i ordered a VF-19P and that'll be all 4 me. irony always happens when i spend money without thinking so if this adds to the odds of Arcadia coming back full steam with a flood of Macross relealeses on clearance prices then so be it... though it'll more likely be that i'll recieve a flattened box of crushed plastic in the mail in a week or so.

i know life is awesome no matter what... but Yammies are like the sunshine and fresh air to me.

actually, I'm pretty good with my cc, but I've never spend so much so quickly, gotten a couple of calls by the bank 'cause of the "unusual activity on the card" lol.

But I can´t keep this up

The valks I'm missing for my collection are just too expensive now

I've pretty much given up on getting a VF-1D and VF-11C.

All my valks are bought in cash. I actually run my own business on my days off to finance my macross collecting lol.

Luckily i have no interest in the 1/60 v2's (1/48 for life!)

And the only mac7 valks i care about, the vf22's, i already got.

prolly the only yammy I will buy now is maybe another Gamlin or two and a a second-release yf-19 so that my yf-21 isn't so lonely.

Edited by Duymon

Well sometimes I use CC for the points and purchase protection, but I always pay the bills asap. Have never paid interest on CCs and hopefully never will.

Hear, hear! I almost always use credit cards, even when paying through Paypal, specifically to get points and added protection on my purchases, but I treat CCs as charge cards and never pay interest on anything because I pay the full balance before the due date, be it $200 or $2000+. The only exception is when I use Bill Me Later on ebay in order to rack up the cash back when they have their additional % promotions; it all depends on which option saves me more. In short, if I can't afford to pay for something in full when the bill comes due, be it a toy, some piece of electronics, or even a car, I just do not buy it.

Just visited Angolz and noticed their prices increased.

VF-17D is now $318 (up from $295)

VF-17 fast packs are now $62 (no discount)

VF-19 Fire is now $180 (up from $165)

I'm sure a few more items went up, but I don't remember the previous prices.

Edited by johnkillingsworth

And my modest buying frenzy continues. I just scored a MISB VF-1A CF TV ver. off ebay for $89 shipped. I want to stop buying, I realy do, but I just keep getting pulled back in... Now the only VF I need is a VF-22S Max to call my Yamato branded Macross collection complete. And a VF-17D, and a VF-19F, and a VF-19P, and a VE-1, and a VT-1, and, and, and...

Edited by mechaninac

it seems like there're two groups of people.

the first group are those who want to buy as much Yamato stock as possible before they go out of stock.

the second group are those who want to take advantage of the high prices to clear their Yamato stock, and perhaps save up for the new Arcadia era.

if Yamato can sell most of their stock, maybe they can get out of bankruptcy.

Latest panic buy the weathered Kakizaki DYRL. I already had the TV and the regular DYRL but might as well get this( as if any Kakizaki's will run out :( )

It may be a few years and 75% off before they go.

hey magnus, how much did that weathered Kakikazi set you back? i was trying to collect all the weathered VF-1's at one point, since the first valk i bought was a weathered Focker... but after i could not find the max , i gave up on looking for them... they are actually pretty nice to have and look at..!

hey magnus, how much did that weathered Kakikazi set you back? i was trying to collect all the weathered VF-1's at one point, since the first valk i bought was a weathered Focker... but after i could not find the max , i gave up on looking for them... they are actually pretty nice to have and look at..!

I got for around $155 before shipping on HLJ. Not too bad for a price for weathered Valkyrie. I think HLJ still has some in stock. I was able to get the weathered VF-1S Max from a guy on the boards $215 shipped. But I have never seen one for sale since.

:(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamato-Macross-1-60-VF-1S-With-Super-Strike-Parts-Do-You-Remember-Love-Ichijo-/261196357286?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=dGcI4Nl6pHw60OJ%252Bl4TXzkQGqfA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I don't even know why I bid on this since I already have a vf-1s Hikaru. I guess the strike parts got me. I didn't expect to win at this price since the strike parts alone been going for $120 or higher; I was a little surprised this item got some little interest.

Edited by dapro

wow! 200, it's a good price since they are going now for 250 without shipping.

I guess people didn't think 200 for a used valk was worth it. I never noticed that auction, I would've try to outbid you if I knew, hehehehe :p The super strike part is the seller for that, good buy, you can never have enough VF-1S DYRL

I finally got my VF-1J gray goggle with GBP-1S armor combo!

So happy!!, I never thought I would get this one brand new, but it was my most expensive single valk purchase to date at 394 shipped. I guess it's a fair price now, since I kept seeing the set over 400 used, but still expensiveeeeeeeeeeeee. :wacko:

20130408_174346_HDR_zps83df2029.jpg

20130408_174347_HDR_zpsf87670fa.jpg

If you needed the Super/Strike parts what's the problem :D. You could always sell the standalone valk and keep the combo one.

That is actually a good idea! :D

wow! 200, it's a good price since they are going now for 250 without shipping.

I guess people didn't think 200 for a used valk was worth it. I never noticed that auction, I would've try to outbid you if I knew, hehehehe :p The super strike part is the seller for that, good buy, you can never have enough VF-1S DYRL

I finally got my VF-1J gray goggle with GBP-1S armor combo!

So happy!!, I never thought I would get this one brand new, but it was my most expensive single valk purchase to date at 394 shipped. I guess it's a fair price now, since I kept seeing the set over 400 used, but still expensiveeeeeeeeeeeee. :wacko:

20130408_174346_HDR_zps83df2029.jpg

20130408_174347_HDR_zpsf87670fa.jpg

Ebay?

Believe it or not, Amazon.

I nab the last available one for that price, the rest leftover are for 700+ LOL!!

Actually, I won this one on saturday. B))

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230955789595?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

had some ebay bucks that help mitigate the price a bit....damn buying frenzy. <_<

My apologies if I snipe it from someone here. :unsure:

:(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamato-Macross-1-60-VF-1S-With-Super-Strike-Parts-Do-You-Remember-Love-Ichijo-/261196357286?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=dGcI4Nl6pHw60OJ+l4TXzkQGqfA=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I don't even know why I bid on this since I already have a vf-1s Hikaru. I guess the strike parts got me. I didn't expect to win at this price since the strike parts alone been going for $120 or higher; I was a little surprised this item got some little interest.

Ha! I was keeping an eye on that one. I was surprised to find that there was only one bid as well.

Ha! I was keeping an eye on that one. I was surprised to find that there was only one bid as well.

I placed the bid like 3 days ago and totally forgot about it thinking someone will at least bid $1 more. I didn't know until I got an email on the phone telling me I just won an auction. duh!