Mr March

Guest davidwhangchoi

man, i had a great Black Friday Weekend online. twosmiles had a 20% off sale on their gift cards. i brought $400 worth of giftcards for $320 and called an amazon CS rep. he refunded my original payment and applied the new giftcards so ended up paying 320 for the ps4 . Very happy!

ok, back to the psn cards yeah, i'm waiting till the traffic dies to get on PS+ i want to download a game before it expires soon.

For those who don't have PS+ or this is your first time with a PS+ card, PSN offers free games constantly, but as new free games offers come in, some free games expire from their free game status with the next update.

once you add them to your library, they're permanently free to play for your PSN account as long as your PS+ subscription is active.

Even if your PS+ subscription runs out and you no longer can play the free games you added to your library, if you reactivate your PS+ account again down the road, all the free games previously added are still in your library permanently and are reactivated once you renew your ps+ membership to play :)

the trick is to add the free games from the PS store to your library when they are offered as some of them expire. the only downside of not having an active PS+ is you can't retroactively download the free games you missed .

This week i believe dragon's dogma:dark arisen is expiring of the PS+ free games list by the next update (normally psn updates tuesdays).

so if you want that free game, it would be good to enter the PS+ card and add dragons dogma to your PS+ library asap.

i'm going to try tonight myself.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

not for me, kept getting an error code on everything

You can also enter codes through the mobile app.

PS4 online is having issues being EU just launched and Black Friday deals too. Try entering your code from a PS3 or Vita and it works fine.

maybe this is the reason why

"We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimize the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality while we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this time."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/29/playstation-network-update/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

update: it looks like it's working again.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

thanks!

hmm... i going to try it now as well and see if i can download stuff

update: it's working fine so far... was able to add my ps+ code and added all the free games to my library

Edited by davidwhangchoi

In what context? PS4 only content or PS3/Vita content?

Well meaning at the time I couldn't access anything Playstation Plus wise on my PS4. PS3 though I got tons to get around in. Perhaps cause there isn't much of anything for the PS4 yet?

Guest davidwhangchoi

for those who just got PS+ cards,

Studio Ghibli's ni no kuni is on sale for 9.79 (13.99 for non PS+) on PSN store, really good price if you haven't picked it up already.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/cid=UP0700-NPUB30932_00-NNKDLFULLGAMEPTA

Edited by davidwhangchoi

it didn't seem like the short supply thing isn't that bad this year around. I was at a Fredmyers locally and they while were out were going to get another big shipment of both Xbox One and PS4's and were smart enough to limit it 1 per customer.

The stores in my area are still all sold out, but my area seems like it's getting a little crazy. There's not a lot of shops (maybe because of zoning issues... I know it took almost ten years for the Walmart to get built), so some stores have been crazy crowded. My wife left for a business trip today so we went to Kohl's just to look for hats, since it's going to be in the teens where she's going. But we left when we realized the checkout line was wrapped around to the back of the store. Nothing I want that bad that I can't just get on Amazon.

The stores in my area are still all sold out, but my area seems like it's getting a little crazy. There's not a lot of shops (maybe because of zoning issues... I know it took almost ten years for the Walmart to get built), so some stores have been crazy crowded. My wife left for a business trip today so we went to Kohl's just to look for hats, since it's going to be in the teens where she's going. But we left when we realized the checkout line was wrapped around to the back of the store. Nothing I want that bad that I can't just get on Amazon.

That's crazy. I'd be going nuts in that store. Hate the holiday crowds. Amazon wins in that Dept.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ps4 on eBay? Are they hard to get? My friend picked one up for her husband on a lunch break at Game Stop... They were in stock, they also had an xbone.

bestbuy.com literally had them in stock 5 minutes ago. they had them on and off for the last 5 hours (i didn't post bc it goes oos too fast and drives people crazy.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been discussed already in this thread, if so then my apologies. But a relatively minor nit-pick, why Sony would eliminate the ability to add a background picture to replace that headache inducing blue background is beyond me. I hope that a soon-to-come update provides this functionality to the system.

Will be going out tomorrow or Friday to pick up a game or two (still playing my PS3 so I'm in no rush) - most likely Call of Duty: Ghosts or Battlefield 4 since there isn't much out for the system yet.

-b.

Still haven't found a PS4. Last week Walmart.com indicated that my local store had some in stock, but when I asked about it they said they were still holding some for preorders. I *might* be tempted to go out tomorrow and look.

Need one of those alert pages for those of us that collect Bandai DX Macross Frontier Valks! :p

When I found mine it was pure dumb luck. Walked into a BB this past Monday w a friend of mine who was doing some last minute Christmas shopping, he asked the clerk if there were any in stock and sure enough they had a pile of PS 4's and X-Box One's sitting behind the Customer Service Desk.

-b.

Still no PS4s in my area, and that this point I'm starting to think the shortages are more supply-side than increased demand over the readily-available Xbone.

I did visit a friend who got a PS4, though, so I finally had a chance to experience the system. The new controller is definitely nice and comfortable, a huge improvement over the DualShock 3, but I personally found the Xbone controller to be a tad comfier. The interface is practical, but the way people were talking it up I guess I expected more. There isn't a game on disc that I'd buy for it (that I don't already have on PC), and the game my buddy showed me (Killzone) looked kind of boring and fairly unimpressive graphically. That said, Resogun was really fun, and I could see myself sinking a bit of time into it when I finally get my hands on a PS4 of my own.

Huh odd, I just got charged 8.90 (and lost my 1.10 credit) on the PSN I think for the Monthly Plus Account. Which shouldn't of happened seeing how I have year memebership already. I'll have to call PS customer service and ask about what the deal is cause if the Plus Account circulates through multiple consoles why did I get charged when I already have a 1 year?

This morning, I check Amazon to see if they have any PS4s. It says they don't, but I decided to look to see what the third-party offers were. Suddenly, it says that Amazon has them in stock, Prime shipping and all, but it might take an extra day or two to process. That still seems faster than the local stores, so I click to add it to my cart. No dice, it tells me there's none in stock. Dunno if there was a glitch on the Amazon page, or if they someone sold out in the seconds it took me to try to add it to my cart, but disappointing either way.

Speaking of local stores, I've talked to a few Gamestops, three Targets, and two Walmarts. None of them have actually received any new ones since before Christmas (this, despite the Target website advertising they'd have PS4s in stock the day after Christmas). I wonder if Sony will be able to maintain their 0.1 million console lead when the Xbox One is readily available and the PS4 still isn't? As I've said before, I really doubt people are just passing up the Xbox One while they wait for the PS4 to restock (I know I didn't).

I wonder if the 2-22 PS4 launch in Japan has anything to do the total absence of restock?

i know my best buy, target has x box ones plenty of them but no one seems to want them. the ps4 go fast.

My local stores have Xbox Ones, too. But I've bought one, and I've witnessed other people buying them. I can believe that there's a higher demand for the PS4, but if a store is well-stocked on Xbones, sells some, and is well-stocked at a later day, while same store hasn't received any new PS4s since before Christmas, I can only conclude that Microsoft is restocking retailers, and Sony isn't. My only questions now are if this is because of the upcoming Japanese launch, and if I keep checking back every single day how soon can I expect to actually find a PS4?

Guest davidwhangchoi

My local stores have Xbox Ones, too. But I've bought one, and I've witnessed other people buying them. I can believe that there's a higher demand for the PS4, but if a store is well-stocked on Xbones, sells some, and is well-stocked at a later day, while same store hasn't received any new PS4s since before Christmas, I can only conclude that Microsoft is restocking retailers, and Sony isn't. My only questions now are if this is because of the upcoming Japanese launch, and if I keep checking back every single day how soon can I expect to actually find a PS4?

i see... it may be different here in nj, my target near edgewater nj and bestbuy in paramus has re stocked ps4's several times and sold out in an hour within restocks early morning. while the xbones are just sitting around. i really think the ps4 is more in demand plus the price point is pretty high for the x one which i believe adds to the less of demand for it.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

This morning, I check Amazon to see if they have any PS4s. It says they don't, but I decided to look to see what the third-party offers were. Suddenly, it says that Amazon has them in stock, Prime shipping and all, but it might take an extra day or two to process. That still seems faster than the local stores, so I click to add it to my cart. No dice, it tells me there's none in stock. Dunno if there was a glitch on the Amazon page, or if they someone sold out in the seconds it took me to try to add it to my cart, but disappointing either way.Speaking of local stores, I've talked to a few Gamestops, three Targets, and two Walmarts. None of them have actually received any new ones since before Christmas (this, despite the Target website advertising they'd have PS4s in stock the day after Christmas). I wonder if Sony will be able to maintain their 0.1 million console lead when the Xbox One is readily available and the PS4 still isn't? As I've said before, I really doubt people are just passing up the Xbox One while they wait for the PS4 to restock (I know I didn't).I wonder if the 2-22 PS4 launch in Japan has anything to do the total absence of restock?

They were in stock briefly.

On a side note, they will be in stock on Amazon on Jan 10 again. You can order one now, but they are going fast again.

Huh odd, I just got charged 8.90 (and lost my 1.10 credit) on the PSN I think for the Monthly Plus Account. Which shouldn't of happened seeing how I have year memebership already. I'll have to call PS customer service and ask about what the deal is cause if the Plus Account circulates through multiple consoles why did I get charged when I already have a 1 year?

They should not have charged you if you have the running year on that account. They will refund you if you call.

They were in stock briefly.

On a side note, they will be in stock on Amazon on Jan 10 again. You can order one now, but they are going fast again.

Yeah, no dice for me. I got to the product page, saw it with the backordered status and a message about preordering for January 10th, but again when I clicked to add it to my cart I got the out of stock message.