DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Yeah, NY is really dropping the ball on updates for this one so far, wonder if they're having shipping issues. Got the notice that it was shipped, but no updates, no tracking number, etc.

Could be related to their little blurb about a new pre-order system, I guess.

Still waiting for NY to ship mine out.

Looks like there's no rush to go out and buy the RVF-25 as they are widely available at Amazon JP. Looks like it might be heading the same direction as the VF-171 CF and will wait for the price to go back down to retail or less before picking up another.

If anyone wants the RVF-25, I suggest to camp on Amiami this night:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-03110

Amiami just changed the price from the preorder one (10290 yen) to a post-release one (13940 yen). So there is a high probability that they still have some units available, and they may go for sale tonight...

It is just a bet, but based on previous behavior of Amiami, I think it is very likely.

If anyone wants the RVF-25, I suggest to camp on Amiami this night:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-03110

Amiami just changed the price from the preorder one (10290 yen) to a post-release one (13940 yen). So there is a high probability that they still have some units available, and they may go for sale tonight...

It is just a bet, but based on previous behavior of Amiami, I think it is very likely.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I just want to go to sleep. I just want to get my god damn frakking stupid piece of crap toy so I can stop thinking about how much I overplayed for it. no camping out websites, no more crap customer service, no trying to figure out how to afford paying for this crap. just sleep.

frakk, I'm so god damn sick of this crap. If NY doesn't ship mine by tomorrow I'm just going tell them to cancel my order and give me my money back because I don't even want this stupid thing any more.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's frustrating that anime52k8 upgraded to express shipping to pay more + mark up to get it faster and not have to fight/wait by paying for a peace of mind. NY does this at times shipping out late. i had ems and they'll ship it a week later and sometimes that'll piss me off that those who ordered SAL will get it at the same time or before me.

it's frustrating that anime52k8 upgraded to express shipping to pay more + mark up to get it faster and not have to fight/wait by paying for a peace of mind. NY does this at times shipping out late. i had ems and they'll ship it a week later and sometimes that'll piss me off that those who ordered SAL will get it at the same time or before me.

Me too. I have also upgraded to FedEx...

And I have seen it in local brick and mortar shops at a cheaper price... That adds to my misery.

*scream and smash*

Guest davidwhangchoi

Me too. I have also upgraded to FedEx...

And I have seen it in local brick and mortar shops at a cheaper price... That adds to my misery.

*scream and smash*

if you can grab it, you can cancel NY and get a refund and complain for delayed shipping. i did that and they gave me my money back with no penalty on your account. as long as it didn't ship.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Oh wait a minute. So all your orders are still in preparation in progress status? Hmmm.... I guess it is taking a while. I'm assuming since I paid about a week before you all got your payment request emails put mine ahead in line to be shipped.

Some one asked me to pass on the info. i didn't preorder from hobbyfan just passing along for those wondering if anyone got a response.

Re: RVF-25 preorder

From hobbyfan:

"We have just got the update from Japan late Friday last week. We have a got zero qty. Everyone is getting cancel due to extremely low production according supplier."

I am surprised about what happened in Hobbyfan. Given the current price and availability in Yahoo JP, I can't see how scarce these RVF are.

My NY order is still under preparation...

People are surprised about this? Didn't I predict this would happen? Oh yeah, I did, back on pages 5 & 6....

For a moment I thought you meant Hobby Search, had to do a double take. I don't think they're going to get these; in fact just for fun I just put 899 of those into my shopping cart and their site was actually going to let me check out with that many. I can't imagine Bandai is going to actually ship product to a company that is known for bootlegging products.

I get what you are saying. What I'm asking is has anyone actually goten a V2 from those guys, ever? I've never even seen them mentioned here before. Kind of surprised actually given that they mostly just bootleg and "reissue" garage kits. Can't imagine they're going to be able to fill my order for 899 units. :D

Wait...what? Why am I an asshat? What did I do to you? Maybe you misunderstood. Hobbyfan is NOT getting these, those guys are bootleggers that make most of their money by taking other's people's garage kits and illegally making recasts of them in China. I did not actually order 899 of the RVF-25 from them; I can think of far better uses for ~$118,000. My point was that preorders from them are bullshit, they are not getting these and the last thing I would be doing is giving my credit card info to bootleggers. If you guys are stupid enough to do that then you deserve whatever you get. Not sure how I'm an "asshat" for pointing out that preorders with HF are complete bullshit...I am seriosuly getting sick of this forum. Any time I try to helpfully point something out to people everyone attacks me. Honestly go screw yourselves. Give your credit card to known bootleggers, I hope they use your numbers to pay for visits to Japanese love hotels and you're unable to reverse the charges. a-holes.

So yeah, all of you who attacked me for pointing out that a crappy little bootleg shop wasn't going to get these can now apologize for being the vapid morons that you were a couple of months ago. :D

Some one asked me to pass on the info. i didn't preorder from hobbyfan just passing along for those wondering if anyone got a response.

Re: RVF-25 preorder

From hobbyfan:

"We have just got the update from Japan late Friday last week. We have a got zero qty. Everyone is getting cancel due to extremely low production according supplier."

FRAK!!!

I'm not doing business with them again.

Does anyone still have this for around $160 to $170 shipped? :(

Edited by UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

FRAK!!!

yeah, the good thing is you didn't have to put any money down and still have time to grab one.

Oh wait a minute. So all your orders are still in preparation in progress status? Hmmm.... I guess it is taking a while. I'm assuming since I paid about a week before you all got your payment request emails put mine ahead in line to be shipped.

I paid the moment the notification was sent to my inbox. I still did not get mine shipped out fast.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So yeah, all of you who attacked me for pointing out that a crappy little bootleg shop wasn't going to get these can now apologize for being the vapid morons that you were a couple of months ago. :D

Can you not thread crap or name call? i did read your posts and agreed with them, i'm not one of your "attackers" but let's just contribute and help each other out without being vindictive. i

I paid at preorder and it's still being delayed for who knows why. I got the "shipped" note, but so far, nothing beyond that.

NY is not consistent with their delivery. Most of my orders are all paid in advance some even when I placed the preorders. You get people paying later or ordering later getting their items shipped first. Shipping delay is probably due to them waiting to obtain their stock from a third party.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I paid at preorder and it's still being delayed for who knows why. I got the "shipped" note, but so far, nothing beyond that.

if you got the shipped note it's already packed but waiting to be picked up by the post office/sent to the shipping office.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Can you not thread crap or name call? i did read your posts and agreed with them, i'm not one of your "attackers" but let's just contribute and help each other out without being vindictive. i

Sorry for any confusion, I wasn't saying you were. I was pointing out that everyone is suddenly surprised that HF didn't come through and I mentioned 3 months ago that they wouldn't and OTHER members here completely went after me with a vengance. If you look back on pages 5-6 you'll see what I mean, I nicely pointed out that HF's preorders were bunk and got called an "asshat" and such for doing so. Sorry if you thought I was address you specifically, I wasn't.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i did see them but just pm them privately (and i saw the mods publicly defend you so you do have valid points) but no reason to call anyone morons(and i'm not defending your attackers) and start a flame war , as it just distracts from trying to find out if we can find one or not and figuring the shipping status. thank you for not taking offense. but let's just keep to helping people out.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

For what it's worth, I paid my NY order on the 10th...for those who want to compare processing times...they shipped on the 14th.

Edited by xrentonx

FRAK!!!

Wait and see whether HLJ or Amiami release more stock. Alternatively, if this follows the way the VF-171 CF did, wait for a few weeks and see whether it falls in price at Amazon JP. You will need to use a forwarding agent to order from them. I use Tenso, but find it more worth it to ship 2 instead of 1.

For what it's worth, I paid my NY order on the 10th...for those who want to compare processing times...they shipped on the 14th.

I payed for mine on the 7th, they contacted me on the 14th and said I owed more money, and haven't followed up, updated my status past "preperation in progress" or responded to my emails since.

if you can grab it, you can cancel NY and get a refund and complain for delayed shipping. i did that and they gave me my money back with no penalty on your account. as long as it didn't ship.

Thanks for the advice. I just leave them a message that I wish to cancel my order. My order is still "preparation in progress". I think some of MWers have their status changed to "Shipped", but still not received a tracking number or something.

Am I safe to grab a unit from other sources now? Or I should wait for their cancel confirmation?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks for the advice. I just leave them a message that I wish to cancel my order. My order is still "preparation in progress". I think some of MWers have their status changed to "Shipped", but still not received a tracking number or something.

Am I safe to grab a unit from other sources now? Or I should wait for their cancel confirmation?

wait for the refund to be safe. but it's good you requested it right away. the worse that can happen is they actually ship it finally :)

Still no updates from NY but about the RVF-25 but I'm not in a hurry. Just got the notification that a packages passed the customs after sitting their for 10 days so I have something to distract me while I'm waiting for an update from NY.

Yeah the green intakes are ugly as hell and I'm also not a fan of the die-cast intakes. The design of the Frontier Valkyries has so many sharp edges that can't be molded in metal so those parts really stick out. Toys made out of metal are cool stuff but I think that it only works well on either specific designs (like the SOC Mazinger or the PM C-3PO) or as structural metal where plastic is too weak. Although metal ball-joints seem to be problematic too.

That just reminded me of something completely unrelated. We've got all this technology for home printing stuff out of plastic, when are we going to have a machine that we can use to home print stuff out of solid metal?

Well it is possible to print metal out of a metal powder (Shapeways can do that) but the process is different from the plastic 3D printer that are being sold for use at home. I'm not sure you can adopt that method for materials that have a different characteristic than plastic (melts at lower temperatures as metal, is semifluid, etc.) and the metal powder approach is expensive (at the moment) and needs more knowledge than how to plug a device into an USB-port.

I think something will come up in the future (dare I say Replicator) but it will take some time.

Thought of the day: you have to recognize a troll if you see one.

Received an email from NY. Explained that they were not allowed to send out parcels on June 14 as it was not officially released (until June 15).

To be fair they are not "late", just "slow". As they are charging a premium, I expect a more timely handling of the orders. Am I too demanding to expect my order be shipped within 2 working days? :unsure:

paid for mine, and it's sitting in HLJ's private warehouse now *prays hard they don't screw it up and "accidentally" sell it away like they did my VF-1S Roy*

Do ya guys think maybe NY is slow for those who had paid the mark up, because they are waiting for the stock from the brick and motar shops they had sourced from to reach them?
Personally, they were pretty slow in shipping my stuff out (YF-29 super parts), but I'm in no hurry, and as long as it reaches me in a month, that's all fine.

Received an email from NY. Explained that they were not allowed to send out parcels on June 14 as it was not officially released (until June 15).

To be fair they are not "late", just "slow". As they are charging a premium, I expect a more timely handling of the orders. Am I too demanding to expect my order be shipped within 2 working days? :unsure:

I'd be less bothered by them taking this long to ship something if they'd actually respond to emails in that time frame.

BTW, AmiAmi is a loading a little slow right now, is everybody just camping the RVF-25 page or something? :p

Edited by anime52k8

Reply from Otacute:

Hello Xxxxx,

I confirmed about the item that you ordered and it will arrive at warehouse June 28th (JST). Sorry for the inconvenience and please give it a little more time. Thank you and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxx
Otacute

That's 10 days away! :unsure: