IXTL

If it ends up looking bad, I'll just paint it up anyway. Better than paying the scalpers for the originals molded in color!

The cheapest i have found for alto's super parts are $200sgd and you have to pick up yourself, so i guesshe wun be getting the parts at all, since it also adds weight to the toy and will sag in gerwalk mode unless you put a piece of paper into the support hole. Anyway Alto always crashes/damages/destroys his ride whether is it in the series or movie.

The cheapest i have found for alto's super parts are $200sgd and you have to pick up yourself, so i guesshe wun be getting the parts at all, since it also adds weight to the toy and will sag in gerwalk mode unless you put a piece of paper into the support hole. Anyway Alto always crashes/damages/destroys his ride whether is it in the series or movie.

that bad? Well, the thing about the YF-29 is that it looks pretty awesome on its own, even without the super parts..

I'm not too sure what it really adds other than an extra pair of boosters..

Looks like I wun be getting one after all, I am from sg too, and hate the scaplers, that said, i hope no one buys their mark ups so that they get burned, that way ppl will stop scalping these and real collectors can get them.

If you or anyone in sg who needs a piece, pm me. I managed to get one at anime export but they require payment upfront ...

If you or anyone in sg who needs a piece, pm me. I managed to get one at anime export but they require payment upfront ...

Oh forgot to add, this is at whatever cost price ... I hate scalpers too ...

Between the constant renewals from Bandai and the fact that they instantly sell out, I'm about ready to give up on the Frontier series entirely. Plus, these YF-27 and 29 super parts don't do anything for the designs anyway, IMO. A backpack and some leg armor is dropping the ball compared to the Tornado parts (and those are hard as hell to find, too). If Yamato had picked up the Frontier series..... well, who knows, but at least they have their process down, if the VF-4 is any indication (even though the little missiles drop off if you look at it crosswise).

Sorry for being bitter, the combination of all these things and the uncertainty about the Yamato switchover is leaving me frustrated....

Between the constant renewals from Bandai and the fact that they instantly sell out, I'm about ready to give up on the Frontier series entirely. Plus, these YF-27 and 29 super parts don't do anything for the designs anyway, IMO. A backpack and some leg armor is dropping the ball compared to the Tornado parts (and those are hard as hell to find, too). If Yamato had picked up the Frontier series..... well, who knows, but at least they have their process down, if the VF-4 is any indication (even though the little missiles drop off if you look at it crosswise).

Sorry for being bitter, the combination of all these things and the uncertainty about the Yamato switchover is leaving me frustrated....

I keep seeing Tornado parts 2nd hand show up every now and then. But they aren't compatible with the Renewals right:?

Anyway, chill out. As mentioned before in the VF-25 thread, this cycle always repeats itself. Eventually, everybody would have found 1 by the time it launched. The only thing is, would you mind paying a little over the MSRP?

Still haven't got one, but not stressed. Waiting for NY to reopen.

Get one, get one, don't get one, so what.

And oh yeah, frakk Bandai and their restrictive quantities.

Graham

yeah, you can always got one after it released... the only thing matters is the price...

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did AE offer any discount, or did they charge full MSRP?

looking at it now, it's 20000yen, i think even when AE is sold out the prices still reflect the acutal pre-order price if i'm not mistaken

http://www.anime-export.com/product/14058

here's the RVF preorder in sold out status w/ the 5% off marking still there

http://www.anime-export.com/product/12993

The Canon Fodder was not at all hard to get.

Hell, it's actually on sale for lower than pre-order:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/4449-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-regular.html&force=1

Doesn't look like a "shortage" to me. haha

If you're not willing to stay up for a pre-order and try multiple sites you're obviously not going to get one right away. But there will be plenty to go around.

The Canon Fodder was not at all hard to get.

Hell, it's actually on sale for lower than pre-order:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/4449-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-regular.html&force=1

Doesn't look like a "shortage" to me. haha

If you're not willing to stay up for a pre-order and try multiple sites you're obviously not going to get one right away. But there will be plenty to go around.

The list price was only 14000. Did NY charged more for their first batch of pre-order???

The list price was only 14000. Did NY charged more for their first batch of pre-order???

NY buys other stock and makes it available at different mark-ups.

I'm assuming they have more stock than they need and they are dropping the price somewhat.

Original MSRP doesn't really mean anything to me. It's "suggested" retail price and nothing is set in stone when it comes to items that are in high demand.

If you don't want to pay 20-30 dollars more, then wait. If you find it cheaper, good on you.

Such is collecting. haha.

I think people are more complaining that they aren't getting a discount, more than that they can't find the item. I understand, everybody likes to save money.

Edited by Gakken85

dangit, now i'm worried about having to pay $30+ in duty once i get it delivered from HLJ. just got dinged for an AmiAmi item (was so excited about using up my points that i didn't remember about their shipping policy). i always write down on the ordering message for the retailer to note a small price for the item during shipping... so far NY, Anime-Export, Angloz & HKCollectibles are all cool with that. oh well, what ever.

Still haven't got one, but not stressed. Waiting for NY to reopen.

Get one, get one, don't get one, so what.

And oh yeah, frakk Bandai and their restrictive quantities.

Graham

I have been watching this. Fortunately, I am not intersted in this one. Congrats to those who were able to snag one and I am sorry for those that were unable to. Be patient. I am sure that NY will repost them at a marginal increase.

On a side note, I think it is funny that the filter is on for quotes, but not for Graham's original post. The benefits of being an admin, I guess. ;)

Edited by NightCastle

dangit, now i'm worried about having to pay $30+ in duty once i get it delivered from HLJ. just got dinged for an AmiAmi item (was so excited about using up my points that i didn't remember about their shipping policy). i always write down on the ordering message for the retailer to note a small price for the item during shipping... so far NY, Anime-Export, Angloz & HKCollectibles are all cool with that. oh well, what ever.

I am still waiting for NY... Hope to get one, don't miss this vf-27...

PS: watched your website, great collection of TFs too.

Nice. Literally a minute after i signed off last night, HLJ opened up their preorders. Really disheartening to say the least. Never seem to e in the right place at the right time for these peorders.

LOL the same thing happend to me....it was sad and depressing

NY buys other stock and makes it available at different mark-ups.

I'm assuming they have more stock than they need and they are dropping the price somewhat.

Original MSRP doesn't really mean anything to me. It's "suggested" retail price and nothing is set in stone when it comes to items that are in high demand.

If you don't want to pay 20-30 dollars more, then wait. If you find it cheaper, good on you.

Such is collecting. haha.

I think people are more complaining that they aren't getting a discount, more than that they can't find the item. I understand, everybody likes to save money.

I think partly that, coupled with the feelings of anxiety, on the possibility of not being able to secure one at even MSRP, and the next option being a very heavy mark up (NY has done it several times I believe).

I think the majority of buyers here would gladly settle for MSRP, if they can even get it.

that said, the VF-171 CF's release has been interesting, with it being quite abundantly available at relatively small mark up. I hope this trend continues so that many others will have a chance to score Frontier Valk releases.. even if it means paying that minor mark up.

What happens if they just don't get the item! haha

Scalper scum! Also I guess they'll just cancel the order. At this price, the buyer would probably be able to score a few, even with the mark up.

Or he could do what he said in the T&C:

-Item will be shipped after being released.

The current shipping estimate from NY is Oct 7. If I failed to ship by Oct 14, buyer can choose a $25 refund or a cancellation with full refund.

And if that happens, he can always relist them and still make a profit.

Edited by SaitouSad

21k yen is already the MSRP (including taxes), so the prices on NY will only go up from there.

Otacute usually does quite a nice discount, but it's hard to grasp their timing. Plus we're not sure if they'll definitely be on board for this.

Same here! I intend to pose the VF-27 with the YF-29 (Alto), now if only I can find the super parts at non-rape price.

They're pretty okay, I got my YF-29 30th anniversary from them, and my VF-25F is on the way.

The YF-29 looks silly with the super parts anyhow and they are hardly noticeable save the part where they split off to become drones. Alto then fought most of the battle against Brera without the SPs so no loss. :)

The YF-29 looks silly with the super parts anyhow and they are hardly noticeable save the part where they split off to become drones. Alto then fought most of the battle against Brera without the SPs so no loss. :)

Way to justify that! :D