I think ________ will make an apperance in the..

UN Spacy

Who (or what) will show up in Episode 4 and 5 of Macross Zero.  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who (or what) will show up in Episode 4 and 5 of Macross Zero.

• Hikaru
    • Max
    • Kakizaki
    • Claudia
    • Misa
    • Gloval
    • Zentrandi or Meltrandi
    • ASS-1
    • VF-1's
    • OTHER

Alright guys. I decided to start another thread which is almost similar to the one from the old MW boards. I think I started that poll after the first episode of Macross Zero.

Well, now that we only have one more episode to go I'd say the selection is getting slim. Who (or what) do you think will make an apperance in the final episode of Macross Zero?

PS - In the first poll I think Claudia and Gloval ended up with the most votes.

Edited by UN Spacy

Honestly I think the Macross will make an apperance near at the end. I mean it would just make sense if the very end of the last episode actually ran into the first episode of the SDF Macross TV series. I'd like for something similar to that to happen. So I voted for the ASS-1. Though there might be a good chance of Gloval, Misa, or Claudia showing up on a replacement ship or something, especially after what happen in episode 3. A VF-1 would be great as well.

Millia and Isamu will make an appearance.... piloting state of the art VFs that can travel through time! :lol:

A space concert from Basara is almost a given too. :p

j/k

On a more serious note.... we might see characters related to some of the characters from SDF 1, like Misas father, and we might see some characters from SDF 1, my money is on Gloval. The VF1 is almost a given right now... and I bet it will at least make a small cameo in the last few minutes of Eps 5. :)

We might see a glimpse of the Zentradi armada.... sor of like showing ups coming up next or something. :)

Edited by Abombz!!

I still say the VF-1's will be delivered in time to hand the SV-51's an ass whopping for once.

I would also like to see it end with Roy transferring to the ASS-1 along with Skull Squadron. Maybe some more after that, but I doubt there will be time for that.

Edited by Anubis

I still say the VF-1's will be delivered in time to hand the SV-51's an ass whopping for once.

I would also like to see it end with Roy transferring to the ASS-1 along with Skull Squadron. Maybe some more after that, but I doubt there will be time for that.

Well if you think about it, everytime the UN and the anti-UN bang heads, the only ones left alive are Roy, DD, Nora and Shin. Now that Nora's and Shin's planes are smoldering piles of metal now, what will they be flying next? Are there enough 0's and 51's to hand out again? Pray for the VF-1's!!

Althougth it maybe a bit cheesy for some I would love some vf-1 to show up and kick some serious ass! It would be good to see the VF-1 as the No 1 kick as plane in a series again, even if it is only in the last episode.

According to Egan's Macross Compendium, the events of Macross Zero take place entirely during the month of September, 2008. The launching ceremony is not until February of 2009.

I don't know, but so far, it doesn't seem like months have progressed in the series timeline. So I don't see it leading right up until the first episode of the original series. I mean, jeez, there's no way Roy could grow all that hair in just 5 months! :lol:

Still I think we'll probably see Gloval or the Macross itself.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I don't believe it shows up in Macross 7 but then again there is Battle 7 is which pretty close to the Macross as it transforms as well. And pretty much goes down in the last battle similar to how Macross does at the end of SDF Macross.

Now that Nora's and Shin's planes are smoldering piles of metal now, what will they be flying next?

Bird man !

Maybe we will see some VF-1 "low visibility".

Some one proposed that in a recent thread.

Macross appeared in the first 15 seconds of the first ep of Macross Zero as a big dirt cloud !

Edited by Göönk

Although a close second would be "Edgar's casket." :lol:

So I'm not the only who can't stand him? Edgar take a dirt nap.

I'd say Claudia....she'll be at Edgar's funeral. Roy will meet up with her and they will go into the coat room.... :lol:

Seriously, probably a VF-1. I'd like to see it in CG again. Claudia or Gloval would be a good choice too.

Ah. True there is a good chance that he is going to die in the end. Though it would be nice if he lived and is just not mentioned again outside of character profiles on websites. For example he could end up on the Macross some how doing something else. If for the only reason that Claudia doesn't end up completely alone, she would have at least some family. Or just let the characters live till the fire starts raining down.

I think there is a high chance that Claudia will show up and perhaps Gloval and Misa as well.

As for mecha, I think we will probably see the SDF-1 in the last episode and perhaps the VF-1 as well.

However, I don't know why so many people here are automatically assuming that the VF-1 will kick the SV-51's ass. Unless Kawamori redesigns the VF-1 to improve the specs, then the VF-0 is actually superior in a number of areas, at least according to the information presented on the Macross Compendium.

• The VF-0 has active stealth, the VF-1 does not.
  • The VF-0 has flare and chaff launchers, the VF-1 does not.
  • The VF-0 has ECM, the VF-1 does not.
  • The VF-0 carries more gunpod ammo than the VF-1 (550rds vs 200 rds).
  • The VF-0 can carry two spare gunpod magazine in the leg FAST packs. The VF-1 has no spare magazines. In fact the VF-1's gunpod cannot even be reloaded in the field and has to be taken back to base to be reloaded.
  • The VF-0 has leg mounted atmospheric FAST packs that hold 24 micro-missiles each. the VF-1 does not. This means that including the wing missiles, the VF-0 carries more missiles than a standard VF-1 with just 12 x AMM-1.
  • The VF-0 has better rear visibility from it's cockpit.
  • Both the VF-0 and VF-1 have a similar max speed in atmosphere.

About the only area where the VF-1 is superior to the VF-0, is of course that it has the thermonuclear turbines, giving it virtually unlimited range in the atmosphere and making it cabable of operation in space.

Give the VF-0 the thermonuclear turbines and it would be superior in every way to the VF-1.

Graham

I seriously doubt that Hikaru will make an appearance here.

1. Somehow, that would screw up his debut in the series. I really can't explain how (aside from the fact that he did not participate in the Unification War), but I just don't see him appearing in Zero.

2. Hikaru's seiyuu, Arihiro Hase, died several years ago. Hikaru just isn't the same without him. (Just look at the newer Lupin III specials. It ain't the same without the late Yasuo Yamada.)

Thus, my vote goes to Gloval.

Didn't they have a new voice actor for him in the new Macross game? I remember people saying he wasn't that bad. There is was the error on the official site with Hikaru's name. He doesn't have to speak or anything for him to be in the show.

True there is that situation with the VF-0 vs VF-1. Hmm maybe the specs might be redone, a little I mean to put it more on par with the VF-0 with the engines pushing it out ahead. Possible.

Didn't they have a new voice actor for him in the new Macross game? I remember people saying he wasn't that bad. There is was the error on the official site with Hikaru's name. He doesn't have to speak or anything for him to be in the show.

True there is that situation with the VF-0 vs VF-1. Hmm maybe the specs might be redone, a little I mean to put it more on par with the VF-0 with the engines pushing it out ahead. Possible.

Yeah, I thought Hikaru's voice actor in the new PS2 game was pretty good.

Graham

I think the chances of seeing anyone form the original series is either pretty slim or none at all , look at what´s been happening in the latest productions , every time they have t do something related to the original series (SDF-1 cameos for example) they resource inmediatly to DYRL elements...what I´m trying to say is that BW and Kawamori san have been avoiding using any of the SDF Macross elements , why ? because certain US company (aka HG) has stopped every new product from reaching the international market.

No , I don´t want to start yet another of those threads for those who take this as an incentive.

I personally doubt they´ll take the risk of having anything related to SDF Macross in M0 (look at Roy , he´s been totally redesigned , and the VF-0 was a excuse for not using the original VF-1 design).

I think the most probable appearance for the sake of the plot will be a new redesigned retro-looking VF-1 unlike the modern looking VF-0.

The VF-0 doesn't preclude the VF-1.

It's a test bed for future variable fighter technology AFTER the VF-1, so its quite alright that it has enhanced capabilities.

Wohooo , at last ! someone that agrees with me :lol:

I've also always thought that the VF-0 has far superior capabilities to the VF-1.

Graham

The VF-1 will appear in the last ep to take out the SV's by flying nearly into space transforming and shooting down onto them.

I expect Claudia, Gloval, or Misa when Roy is transferred to Macross.

The VF-0 doesn't preclude the VF-1.

It's a test bed for future variable fighter technology AFTER the VF-1, so its quite alright that it has enhanced capabilities.

Wohooo , at last ! someone that agrees with me :lol:

I've also always thought that the VF-0 has far superior capabilities to the VF-1.

Graham

Wow, I need to read the compendium updates more often. I didn't know about all those differences.

How well does the SV-51 really match up spec wise then to the VF-1 and VF-0?

I think there is a high chance that Claudia will show up and perhaps Gloval and Misa as well.

As for mecha, I think we will probably see the SDF-1 in the last episode and perhaps the VF-1 as well.

However, I don't know why so many people here are automatically assuming that the VF-1 will kick the SV-51's ass. Unless Kawamori redesigns the VF-1 to improve the specs, then the VF-0 is actually superior in a number of areas, at least according to the information presented on the Macross Compendium.

• The VF-0 can carry two spare gunpod magazine in the leg FAST packs. The VF-1 has no spare magazines. In fact the VF-1's gunpod cannot even be reloaded in the field and has to be taken back to base to be reloaded.
  • The VF-0 has leg mounted atmospheric FAST packs that hold 24 micro-missiles each. the VF-1 does not. This means that including the wing missiles, the VF-0 carries more missiles than a standard VF-1 with just 12 x AMM-1.

About the only area where the VF-1 is superior to the VF-0, is of course that it has the thermonuclear turbines, giving it virtually unlimited range in the atmosphere and making it cabable of operation in space.

Give the VF-0 the thermonuclear turbines and it would be superior in every way to the VF-1.

Graham

Yes, but the VF-0 wasn't thought up by anime writers in the early 80s. It has a technology advantage because of a canon inconsistency used to make it them seem more realistic when compared to modern aircraft technology.

Oh, some more things you're forgetting are the facts that the VF-1 is a lot more stable, easier to control, and was actually meant for combat, not secret testing...

I think the SDF-1 and VF-1 showing up are the two most likely choices, though.

Edited by Raptor

I've said all along that the VF-1 will show up at the eleventh hour and stomp a mudhole in the SV-51's ass, so I'll stick with my guns here.

Although a close second would be "Edgar's casket." :lol:

doesn't the 1/48 low-vis valk come with a Zero style pilot? that's where my money's going too

Just because Yamato included a Zero-type atmospheric suit pilot with it's low-vis does NOT mean that it will be seen in Zero... I wish people would quit jumping to this conclusion. Possible? Yes, Guaranteed? NO.

I think, given the way time has progressed, in this case it would be logical to assume that a standard VF-1 would have most of those options Graham listed. With one or two exceptions, such as active stealth (which strikes me as pretty high tech) and maybe gunpod payload, I'd think everything else was probably there. SO, if we take the way things OUGHT to play out, the VF-1 (as may be seen in Macross Zero) will probably be up to snuff with what the Zero is packing.

If you take the stats of the VF-1 as established in the early 1980s and the stats of the VF-0, established after the new millenium, of course the VF-1 is gonna seem inferior. Technology on modern fighters has increased a great deal in 20 years

Having said all of that, I think virtually any of those options are possibilities for cameos in the final episodes.... Hikaru seems to be the only minute possibility... at this point he's still at home flying amateur competitions. While entirely possible to go without, it just really wouldn't make any sense for us to NOT see the UNS Macross (in it's near completed form) at some point. It's part of what this is all about. Going on a limb, if we DO see it, it will be interesting to see if they follow their original design, or use the DYRL design that has been used almost exclusively ever since. Even newer videogame portrayals of the UNS Macross in the TV storyline use it. I haven't played the new Sega game so I don't know about that.

We-ell,

I doubt any modern fighter (post-1960's at least) would be designed without flare/chaff dispensers. That's got to be an oversight in the VF-1 stats. ECM might be retconned in, as could active stealth, without much trouble. (Consider that Kawamori retroactively announced that the VF-1 has SWAG armor, or something like it, a long time after the original TV & movies.)

As for the ammo limitations, I'd consider the caliber and rate of fire, as I did in an earlier thread. The GPU-9 is 35 mm vs. the GU-11 at 55 mm. That translates into a lot more hitting power. The '9 probably has a higher ROF, which might increase the hit probability but at the cost of increasing the rate at which ammo is expended.

Also missiles are irrelevant because variable fighters are never hit by missiles in Macross. :p Unless Misa fires them, that is. :lol: (I'm sure someone will correct me on this.)

Finally, the VF-1's SWAG might be stronger, if only because it has more energy to work with.

Edited by ewilen

hum I don't get it at all :blink:

thermonuclear turbine? What is it doing in space in vaccum?

A turbine works in water or air, but not in vaccum! How is it working?

At least, the thermonuclear mass can bring heat, but then?