Wonderfest Summer 2012 Pics

Tochiro

Eh. color me slightly disappointed that the canon color of the ankle rings on the VF-19P is actually yellow. I'd forgotten about that, and think it really clashes with the rest of the plane.

I'll probably grab one eventually, but I still just want a blank or kit version in white or gray.

Edited by Chronocidal

can someone please confirm the upcoming VF-4 is a toy or a model. I would prefer the former than the latter.

It's said to be a toy. I wish they would release it as both.

Maybe they'll pull a 1/3000 SDF-1 on us and release a kit later at half the price and comes with more goodies that they won't make available to the people who bought the toy :p

The original color scheme of the Vf-19 in M.Plus was white and black, right? It's been a few years since I've watched it, but the toys beige color isn't accurate to the OVA, unless I'm missing something about it being called the VF-19P and it's supposed to be non white

What is this guy? I kinda like it

img_3516.jpg

I believe that's a VF-19 ACTIVE Nothung from Macross the Ride.

I would love for Yamato to make that thing too.

The original color scheme of the Vf-19 in M.Plus was white and black, right? It's been a few years since I've watched it, but the toys beige color isn't accurate to the OVA, unless I'm missing something about it being called the VF-19P and it's supposed to be non white

The YF-19 was not white at all. It was a tan/biege color with black and red secondary colors.

The VF-19P is a production model variant that appeared in Macross Dynamite 7 and is not the same model as the YF-19 seen in Macross Plus.

It was beige. To varying degrees depending on what scene, but no, it wasn't white.

It was beige. To varying degrees depending on what scene, but no, it wasn't white.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu-J9p0oes4 at 24:00

Rather white, but i agree that it was not pure white. Still i think it'd look better in white with all those secondary colors everywhere!

Edited by Dimis

Because it's not some ridiculously bright shade of plastic that you'll need gobs of paint to cover. The part fit and tolerances on the VF-19 are so tight, there's really no room for all that extra paint, and it's going to get scratched off.

If you start with a base color of white(ish) you can just strip off the existing markings, and still do a lot to customize it, even if you don't give it an overall coat.

I'd still prefer one that uses the VF-19F/S's shoulders and wings though. The prospect of kitbashing VF-19s together is a really[/] expensive prospect, unless we start seeing the S/F/P models under sell, and they wind up on HLJ's clearance list like the VF-22s do.