Why would Disney even bother with Ezra Flash after it bombed so, so, so hard? I guess Captain Marvel too from The Marvels. Not only does the figure itself look really awful, but the movie tanked, there's gotta be almost zero interest in a new Carol Danvers figure, I would think most people would want it for the cat accessory, which I imagine she'll be bargain prices in no time so if anyone has money to burn they can probably buy a Figuarts cat for under $30. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Woops, yeah I guess that's WB, Disney with the new Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers. 

I know. :) 

But to answer you, figures from big films that are even released a year after the movie premiered, tend to be designed during the film's production. My guess, Bandai had this Flash made for a while (film was in production for over 5 years) and decided to display it now to give it's stand variety.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MKT said:

Wow a new SHF SF figure after so long.. and never knew Guile's comb was actually like a folding knife.

Yeah. The Butterfly Knife or Balisong as called in the Philippines where it's originated from is such a cool pocket knife. And that butterfly comb is actually a thing back there too. I used to own one back there during High School but my teacher confiscated it for the fear that people might think that it's an actual knife. Just thinking for my safety. :good: 

Makes me wonder though. Probably Guile got stationed in one of the US bases in the Philippines during the mid-80's where he probably got that balisong comb. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. The Butterfly Knife or Balisong as called in the Philippines where it's originated from is such a cool pocket knife. And that butterfly comb is actually a thing back there too. I used to own one back there during High School but my teacher confiscated it for the fear that people might think that it's an actual knife. Just thinking for my safety. :good: 

Makes me wonder though. Probably Guile got stationed in one of the US bases in the Philippines during the mid-80's where he probably got that balisong comb. ;)

Cool butterfly comb is really an actual thing.. I don't know why but I feel like getting this instead of SHF Guile haha 

New Captain Marvel looks awful, why did Bandai even bother? Not only did the movie bomb but the figure itself looks awful, Marvel Legends have more detail and better printed faces. Her hair isn't even the right color, and they gave it that "shiny" look that Bandai is oddly fond of. It looks incredibly low effort, maybe they were obligated to put a figure out so they just let the D team handle it? At least it comes with a cat accessory, that's nice. 

item_0000014696_8d5b0844_104-jpg.30179952

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

New Captain Marvel looks awful, why did Bandai even bother? Not only did the movie bomb but the figure itself looks awful, Marvel Legends have more detail and better printed faces. Her hair isn't even the right color, and they gave it that "shiny" look that Bandai is oddly fond of. It looks incredibly low effort, maybe they were obligated to put a figure out so they just let the D team handle it? At least it comes with a cat accessory, that's nice. 

item_0000014696_8d5b0844_104-jpg.30179952

I think their old one looked better 

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Why get excited for a line they'll drop again?

I'm excited because from the SF characters I played as a kid, Guile was the only one missing.

So while I agree that Bandai probably will drop the line again it is some sort of competition for my collection.

Same goes with Mafex Rogue, so I hope we see her soon.

46 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I'm excited because from the SF characters I played as a kid, Guile was the only one missing.

So while I agree that Bandai probably will drop the line again it is some sort of competition for my collection.

Same goes with Mafex Rogue, so I hope we see her soon.

You could just get the Jada Toys version.  It'll be in scale with the rest of your figures too.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

You could just get the Jada Toys version.  It'll be in scale with the rest of your figures too.

I could but then it wouldn’t fit in with the other SHF toys I have. In my mind I only want SHF Street Fighter toys.

Kenshin Figuarts? I'm cautiously optimistic, Bandai's QC for Figuarts has been a bit crap lately, the One Piece line is incredibly hit and miss, Guts is a really rough figure, and even some recent DBZ releases have been pretty rough lately. 

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

To be frank, I don't see the point in bothering with the SHF SF stuff, (I own all of the previous, fyi) you get better scale for cheaper and same articulation with Jada.

SF2Jada.jpg.78210f6f66014c40f39107111972d716.jpg

They sure are valid options. And Sagat is not orange. :lol:

But I have the SHF ones and I'm contempt with my choice. If Bandai decides to release more, I'm on board.