Noboru Ishiguro Passes Away

Tochiro

I'm devastated to hear the news. I feel fortunate for meeting him briefly at AX 06. He directed or was involved in so many shows I've enjoyed over the years that I'd probably not be half the fan I am today without him. Rest in Peace, Ishiguro-san. The anime community has lost one of it's grandest forefathers.

For me your best works will always be Space Battleship Yamato, Macross and Orguss. Thank you for being such an awesome sci-fi anime director and a great person with the fans... your work and life will never be forgotten.

"Goodnight, sweet prince...". :mellow:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The stuffs of Macross were young and some were/are genius; especially Kawamori, Itano, and Anno.

Gifted guys tend to be selfish. I don't know they were like that, if so, Ishiguro-san controlled them so well.

He reminds me of Phil Jackson, the head coach of Bulls and Lakers. He could also deal with the players so well even though they were talented but assertive. Michael, Scottie, Denis, Kobe, and Shaq.

Ishiguro-san might have the Zen thoughts like Mr. Jackson.

RIP

Edited by antibiotictab